Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

[quote name='Uniall']Duh...........what the heck?

They included the extra points for suites in their original work up for me.

My argument with them is they only allowed extra suite points for 112 out of 140 nights because they calculated the other 28 nights were Up Sells from balcony and not (as I argue) discounts on the suite price to make up for cruise cancellationa dn rebooking on another ship for similar cabins.

Do you think it depends on the person and their mood for the day that explains different results?

John[/quote]

I have no idea...:confused:

[quote name='Uniall']Duh...........what the heck?

They included the extra points for suites in their original work up for me.

My argument with them is they only allowed extra suite points for 112 out of 140 nights because they calculated the other 28 nights were Up Sells from balcony and not (as I argue) discounts on the suite price to make up for cruise cancellationa dn rebooking on another ship for similar cabins.

Do you think it depends on the person and their mood for the day that explains different results?

John[/QUOTE]

You can position upsells as a discounted suite all you want. NCL will still rightfully continue to treat them as the category you booked. We got all the perks that a real suite passenger got for $.25 on a dollar with upsells. They clearly don't want to encourage those that book suites to wait for upsells. Those cruises where the price dropped late and I upgraded to suites without the Upsell fairy are showing as suites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='London_Ozgal']Checked my points last night...

I was bronze... I am now Gold.

I've only had 3 cruises with NCL and I have just worked out that after my next cruise I will be platinum...

Read it and weep people :D[/quote]

Hell girl, you deserve iridium status for being a world traveler...dang! :D

[quote name='time2cruise1']You can position upsells as a discounted suite all you want. NCL will still rightfully continue to treat them as the category you booked. We got all the perks that a real suite passenger got for $.25 on a dollar with upsells. They clearly don't want to encourage those that book suites to wait for upsells. Those cruises where the price dropped late and I upgraded to suites without the Upsell fairy are showing as suites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

There is a distinct difference in language in the NCL FAQ site...I hope its just part of the learning curve for the NCL staff...

[B]How do I earn rewards points?[/B]

You will earn one point per cruise night and an additional point per night if you [COLOR=red]book in a Suite*[/COLOR] or in The Haven, book nine months or more in advance, or if you book with one of the Latitudes Insider Offers

[B]What happened to the cruise credit(s) I’ve earned before the change?[/B]

Previously, you earned one cruise credit per cruise, now you earn rewards points. Your cruise credits have been converted to rewards points. Each cruise you’ve taken prior to December 5, 2011 has been counted as a point per night, and [COLOR=red]each night in a suite is an additional point per night[/COLOR]. To see your total rewards points and tier status, log in at [URL="http://www2.ncl.com/login"]My NCL[/URL].
[B]How is my tier level impacted with the new program?[/B]

With the new program you will be in the same tier or a higher tier depending on the total cruise nights you’ve sailed with us or [COLOR=red]if you sailed in a suite* [/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]or in The Haven. To see your total rewards points and tier status, log in at [URL="http://www2.ncl.com/login"]My NCL[/URL].[/COLOR]

[quote name='time2cruise1']You can position upsells as a discounted suite all you want. NCL will still rightfully continue to treat them as the category you booked. We got all the perks that a real suite passenger got for $.25 on a dollar with upsells. They clearly don't want to encourage those that book suites to wait for upsells. Those cruises where the price dropped late and I upgraded to suites without the Upsell fairy are showing as suites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Under most circumstances I would agree with you. But, my situation is very unusual. My first post of the unusual facts of my situation indicated that NCL cancelled my originally booked sailing (balcony) and sent the ship elsewhere.

They said I could either cancel or rebook on another ship with a similar intinerary. Since cabin "position" was most important to me, I rebooked a suite on the new ship. They gave me a discount (not an upsell on the same ship or sailing) on the price of the new ship and sailing date to make up for the cancellation.

John

I just checked the site. all is good. NCL has changed its rewards system from per cruise to a point system.

Under the new system you earn 1 pt/night. Other incentive is you also earn extra one point if you have book a suite. So under the point system you earn points even on 1 day cruises. In the past you are only credited with 4+ days cruises.

It is much faster now to achieve a higher status. For example, to reach Platinum one needs 76+ points. So under this system you only need 11 7 day cruises with inside cabin to achieve Platinum (11x7=77) as opposed to 14. It would be much faster if you book a suite.

They have recalculated all Latitudes members with the point system, hence the upgrades in your level.

Great news for current members!

[quote name='gerry1.10']I just checked the site. all is good. NCL has changed its rewards system from per cruise to a point system.

Under the new system you earn 1 pt/night. Other incentive is you also earn extra one point if you have book a suite. So under the point system you earn points even on 1 day cruises. In the past you are only credited with 4+ days cruises.

It is much faster now to achieve a higher status. For example, to reach Platinum one needs 76+ points. So under this system you only need 11 7 day cruises with inside cabin to achieve Platinum (11x7=77) as opposed to 14. It would be much faster if you book a suite.

They have recalculated all Latitudes members with the point system, hence the upgrades in your level.

Great news for current members![/quote]

1 day cruises and those under 4 days [B]DID[/B] count towards your latitued level in the past, they counted as much as a 7 or 10 day cruise.

They still count with the new system, only not as much.

I do like the new point system, just wish they had an additional level above Platinum. At least no one lost any benefits, which is the most important thing. :)

[quote name='AuntieBarb']There is a reception to meet the officers for silver on up. However, the Captain's Cocktail Party was for Suite guests and VIPs.[/QUOTE]

On our last trip on the Star in Aug they combined these two so there were only two parties.

[quote name='gerry1.10']I just checked the site. all is good. NCL has changed its rewards system from per cruise to a point system.

Great news for current members![/QUOTE]

Not exactly. Under the old system even 1 day cruises counted as a single cruise. You could make platinum with as few as 11 days onboard. You can under the new plan make platinum in 2 10day cruises in a suite booked 9 months in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='che5904']I agree and the other thing to remember is not everyone that is eligible for something, takes it. Not everyone likes le bistro or may wish to even eat there.[/QUOTE]

Some may not take advantage of it, certainly not everyone or even 1/2 of the passengers will be platinum, in fact about 1/2 might not even be latitude members and most of the ships, have a decent sized le Bistro. None of this is really bothering me; too many want to look at what might be, could be, should a been, etc.

[quote name='peg013']LOL, sure you're not "green". (as in gator not envy)[/quote]

[CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue]I am only 5 points away from achieving Platinum Tier.:):):)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[quote name='Uniall']NCL calculated me at 245 points (5 less than the first Special Gift Milestone). I think they miscalculated and shorted me by 28 points). I'm booked on a cruise in 12 days which will put me over the top. So, I don't know whether to ask for a review on the 28 points, in cse I win the appeal but don't get a retroactive milestone gift.

I can think of all sorts of things that should be added continuing perks at each milestone level:
Platinum Plus: Daily Comp Wine Happy hours (like RCL)
Platinum Super Plus: Daily Comp Cocktail hours with Hor's duerves (Like RCL)[/QUOTE]

give it time. BTW, princess has the cocktail hour for elite as well as what RCI does, but they do not offer the dinner in a specialty dining room or a bottle of wine, nor do they offer the service of a concirge. Each company does its own thing.

Nita

[quote name='Beaver1975']I seriously doubt anyone presented with a free dinner, or two, in Le Bistro with a bottle of wine is going to turn it down. I say two, because remember, each Platinum member gets that perk.[/QUOTE]

you might be surprised, have your thought that some might actually asked if they can choose another restaurant and maybe NCL will agree? Again, too many people are looking for what could go wrong. Let's just be happy that some are benefitting and NCL is trying to offer a better program. As I have said, we are not paying a penny for the program so anything, even a couple of chocolate covered strawberries are better than nothing.
And to the trivia nuts: thanks for your input: I think I will continue to call the little bites of food, appitizers, I can spell that.

Nita

[quote name='newmexicoNita']
And to the trivia nuts: thanks for your input: I think I will continue to call the little bites of food, appitizers, I can spell that.
Nita[/quote]

LOL or you could just call them "little bites of food" :D

[quote name='newmexicoNita']you might be surprised, have your thought that some might actually asked if they can choose another restaurant and maybe NCL will agree? Again, too many people are looking for what could go wrong. Let's just be happy that some are benefiting and NCL is trying to offer a better program. As I have said, we are not paying a penny for the program so anything, even a couple of chocolate covered strawberries are better than nothing.
And to the trivia nuts: thanks for your input: I think I will continue to call the little bites of food, appetizers, I can spell that.

Nita[/quote]

Quite honestly the only pay restaurant I would not care to dine at is the Italian Restaurant....Any of the others would be fine with us as long as we still get the wine...:rolleyes:

And I always called those little food thingies horses douvers..who knew....:rolleyes:

[quote name='Starry Eyes']Wouldn't that be 60 points? I don't think you'd make it to Platinum with 2 10 day cruises.[/quote]

Lets see now..
10 points for the cruise
10 points for booking early
10 points for the suite
30 x 2=60 Points...then you have to multiply by the square root of your age. After that subtract the number of children or pets you have.If you have no pets or children use Pi divided by the phase of the moon..and then add the number of people who like the new program as shown in the poll. No one ever said this program was easy..
According to my calculations the answer is still 60 which is 16 less than the required 76 points to reach platinium..I have way too much time on my hands...:D:D:D

[quote name='RichNY']Lets see now..
10 points for the cruise
10 points for the suite
30 x 2=60 Points...then you have to multiply by the square root of your age. After that subtract the number of children or pets you have.If you have no pets or children use Pi divided by the phase of the moon..and then add the number of people who like the new program as shown in the poll. No one ever said this program was easy..
According to my calculations the answer is still 60 which is 16 less than the required 76 points to reach platinium..I have way too much time on my hands../quote]

Hey Rich...get a life.:D.yes..you do have too much time on your hands:D
Regards to Loretta...

[quote name='RichNY']Lets see now..
10 points for the cruise
10 points for the suite
According to my calculations the answer is still 60 which is 16 less than the required 76 points to reach platinium..I have way too much time on my hands...:D:D:D[/quote]

Maybe on the douver !!:eek:

[quote name='swedish weave']From the Urban dictionary ---- On the douver

["to be high on sophisticated / expensive weed which may cause strange accents"

I didn't know horses did that !!!!:D:D[/quote]

Heavy Dude.. the good old days...you never saw some of my old girl friends..;);)

[quote name='jaja'][quote name='RichNY']Lets see now..
10 points for the cruise
10 points for the suite
According to my calculations the answer is still 60 which is 16 less than the required 76 points to reach platinium..I have way too much time on my hands../quote]

Hey Rich...get a life.:D.yes..you do have too much time on your hands:D
Regards to Loretta...[/quote]

Will do, I'm sure she will agree with you...:)

Archived