Port Everglades--Terminal 29--Do something, RCI!

My cruise leaves at 5:30, not 5.

And I do believe the highlighted portion is making the same point I was making. If most people know that, why complain when you show up early and have to wait?

You really don't get it and I seldom get angry here.

No-one minds waiting.

The cruise line prepares for people to arrive early. They usually provide refreshments and facilities for those people who do. Flights come in early, hotels check out early, people drive in.

Elderly people; infirm people; children; babies (let alone the rest of us) were all put at risk by negligence on behalf of the port authority. RCCL appear to have been helpless to do anything.

That is why I am complaining.

I have been early at port (Miami) in the past and had to wait. That's life. We were indoors with air conditioning, bathrooms and drinking water and regular updates.

This was nothing like that.

You really don't get it and I seldom get angry here.

No-one minds waiting.

The cruise line prepares for people to arrive early. They usually provide refreshments and facilities for those people who do. Flights come in early, hotels check out early, people drive in.

Elderly people; infirm people; children; babies (let alone the rest of us) were all put at risk by negligence on behalf of the port authority. RCCL appear to have been helpless to do anything.

That is why I am complaining.

I have been early at port (Miami) in the past and had to wait. That's life. We were indoors with air conditioning, bathrooms and drinking water and regular updates.

This was nothing like that.

Exactly. We were prepared to wait (arrived at port at 11:00). We were not prepared to wait in the hot sun (especially my 86 YO mother)..no where to sit, no shade, no water and bathrooms that were extremely hard to get to and required relinquishing our passports to a guard to get in...for almost three hours.

Pretty awful.

Deb

Exactly. We were prepared to wait (arrived at port at 11:00). We were not prepared to wait in the hot sun (especially my 86 YO mother)..no where to sit, no shade, no water and bathrooms that were extremely hard to get to and required relinquishing our passports to a guard to get in...for almost three hours.

Pretty awful.

Deb

Very awful. I'm sorry you guys had to go through that.

Pretty awful.

Deb

Now you need a passport to go to the bathroom???????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So I just read a bit of the blog about this, and have read most of this post...

Not to downplay this at all, but sounds like this was a fluke kind of thing? This doesn't happen a lot, does it? Is this pier even in use very often or is it the last one used if all ships are in port on that day, which it seems like they were.

I've thankfully never run into this problem. We were evacuated from the terminal last time I went on Majesty due to a suspicious package or something, and it was kind of a mess getting back in (we had gotten through security but not to check in). Thankfully there was shade across the street. I was more annoyed with the lack of information than anything, but we were only out there for about 30 minutes. Granted, this was at 11am, so if we had shown up at the time listed for passengers, we wouldn't have known about it. We just always go early.

So I just read a bit of the blog about this, and have read most of this post...

Not to downplay this at all, but sounds like this was a fluke kind of thing? This doesn't happen a lot, does it? Is this pier even in use very often or is it the last one used if all ships are in port on that day, which it seems like they were.

I've thankfully never run into this problem. We were evacuated from the terminal last time I went on Majesty due to a suspicious package or something, and it was kind of a mess getting back in (we had gotten through security but not to check in). Thankfully there was shade across the street. I was more annoyed with the lack of information than anything, but we were only out there for about 30 minutes. Granted, this was at 11am, so if we had shown up at the time listed for passengers, we wouldn't have known about it. We just always go early.

I do think it was the "perfect storm" situation and definitely not the norm. We have only had one other bad embarkation and that was caused by a security breach in the terminal but we then also had poor communication from the people manning the terminal. If nothing else is learned, there needs to be communication (and as I have said, a contingency plan) so people at least feel like they are valued and the cruiseline is trying to rectify the situation.

The reports are coming in that the passengers that boarded at Terminal 29 the day we returned had no issues or lines. Good..and lets hope it stays that way.

Some of these pop inspections are announced to RCI I took the all access tour on the Oasis and saw the Safety drill schedule and it said Nov 19th all crew drill - USCG Annual. It happened to fall when i sailed. I boarded at 12:30 and the longest line was for the apass machine pictures. The Coast guard was testing fire doors when i boarded. I was in line at Terminal 25 for Liberty of the seas on the 26th and heard the horns sounding on the Navigator of the seas for the all crew drill/inspection

Archived