Coffee Card / Caribbean Princess update

donna5

DH just went down to get brewed coffee. Was told they no longer have fresh brewed coffee in I.C. They will give you a shot of Cafe Americano and add hot water. (Espresso + hot water) and you will be charged a punch on your card. They do not have a regular coffee pot in the I.C. on the Caribbean Princess.

Hi donna5, thank you for posting of the coffee card. I am on the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks and was wondering how she looks after her drydock? I had been reading she was looking a little tired. Is she spruced up? Hope you have wonderful cruise. thank you, Pam

DH just went down to get brewed coffee. Was told they no longer have fresh brewed coffee in I.C. They will give you a shot of Cafe Americano and add hot water. (Espresso + hot water) and you will be charged a punch on your card. They do not have a regular coffee pot in the I.C. on the Caribbean Princess.

Where then, are you supposed to get brewed coffee?:confused:

Thanks for the update which seems like a poor way to do it & not one desired by too many passengers.

Could it be possible that the coffee brewing machine was broken & removed for repairs? Or did they say it's a permanent change? I'm grasping for any possibility to explain your situation because it's odd to sell coffee cards which include brewed coffee to be watered down espresso instead. :confused:

I still have a few more punches left on the coffee card that I purchased on the Caribbean Princess last fall (2010). I used some of the punches on the Island last winter but hope that I can still enjoy an iced mocha or cappucino on the Crown in January. I never used it for fresh brewed coffee and would probably not purchase the card again as I don't drink enough specialty coffee beverages to warrant it.

Bottoms up!

Chris

I still have a few more punches left on the coffee card that I purchased on the Caribbean Princess last fall (2010). I used some of the punches on the Island last winter but hope that I can still enjoy an iced mocha or cappucino on the Crown in January. I never used it for fresh brewed coffee and would probably not purchase the card again as I don't drink enough specialty coffee beverages to warrant it.

Bottoms up!

Chris

While nothing is official yet, some posts have said the new cards will be available with different number of specialty coffee drinks such as 5, 10 or 15.

Maybe Princess found a way to get around the unlimited life time supply of free fresh brewed coffee as long as you had one punch left in the card agreement.

This has been discussed often recently & based on tests being done on some ships plus some employee input, that will end soon. Nothing official yet but it appears that the new cards will allow free brewed coffee on the cruise it was purchased only with leftover 'punches' being valid on future cruises.

Again, no official policy yet but old card 'punches' may be accepted or transferred to a new card...unlimited brewed coffee with 1 punch will soon be history.

This has been discussed often recently & based on tests being done on some ships plus some employee input, that will end soon. Nothing official yet but it appears that the new cards will allow free brewed coffee on the cruise it was purchased only with leftover 'punches' being valid on future cruises.

Again, no official policy yet but old card 'punches' may be accepted or transferred to a new card...unlimited brewed coffee with 1 punch will soon be history.

That's if we can find a brewed pot of coffee.

I know.... I have read all of those discussions and that's how I came to the conclusion of what better way to end the unlimited free coffee than by not offering it at all.

Just got off the Sapphire and was told my old card would be honored for this cruise, but that I would have to purchase a new card on our next cruise on the Sapphire in February. It seems to me just another way to squeeze every last peeny of profit they can. Might just be cheaper to pack a little 2 or 4 cup coffee maker and make my own in the cabin.

I talked to customer service about the origonal post. They said they had heard nothing of the lack of fresh brewed coffee in the IC. She then accessed her own files, which are supposed to be updated at ANY change, and said the IC WILL have fresh brewed coffee. She thinks OP is somehow mistaken, but urged me to call back tommorrow to see if anything new can be added. She actually read me the entire menu of drinks the IC is ALWAYS supposed to have [24 hrs on the Caribbean Princess], which did include, as you would expect, fresh brewed.

Hopefully, some mistake has been made. Whatever, if OP or anyone else onboard is able to keep us informed, that would be great. We leave Friday. All this talk has got me thirsty for some fresh brewed coffee.

Doug

Just returned from the 11/20 sailing on CB. Unfortunately free fresh brewed coffee at IC was history! :(

We had 2 coffee cards, one new one and one with just a few punches and could not use them for fresh brewed coffee, only specialty ones. We paid for our fresh brewed, $1.44 per cup with gratuity included. We were told if we purchase a new coffee card onboard it would be good for fresh brewed coffee during the duration of the cruise. All unused punches would be honored on future cruises but just for specialty drinks.

Have to say the CB was great! Nice and clean with new rugs throughout the ship, cabins included. They were showing a documentary on TV about the drydock and all the staff helped get her ready! They did a very nice job!

We are on 12/4 for 2 weeks, so this is an urgent question. Where on the Caribbean Princess CAN you find fresh brewwed coffee? Has it been removed utterly?

Doug

I talked to customer service about the origonal post. They said they had heard nothing of the lack of fresh brewed coffee in the IC. She then accessed her own files, which are supposed to be updated at ANY change, and said the IC WILL have fresh brewed coffee. She thinks OP is somehow mistaken, but urged me to call back tommorrow to see if anything new can be added. She actually read me the entire menu of drinks the IC is ALWAYS supposed to have [24 hrs on the Caribbean Princess], which did include, as you would expect, fresh brewed.

Hopefully, some mistake has been made. Whatever, if OP or anyone else onboard is able to keep us informed, that would be great. We leave Friday. All this talk has got me thirsty for some fresh brewed coffee.

Doug

THE OP IS NOT WRONG. Last night we walked around the whole ship to all the bars and not one has a coffee pot. So don't buy a coffee card for fresh brewed unless you want cafe americano shot with hot water added. And it will be a punch.

Left the ship Sunday and they did have brewed coffee in the IC. We could use our old card for specialty coffee, but had to use a punch for fresh brewed. No big deal. Still able to get those great iced lattes!!!

That seems to be the norm while transitioning to the new cards & procedures except for the OP currently on the CB which isn't right to me. Since 'cruising oceangal' had a similar experience as you on the CB, I don't understand why the CB now has no brewed coffee. :confused:

Hopefully the new system will be in place soon to have a standardized new coffee card.

We just returned today from the Island, they had brewed coffee but you had to purchase a new coffee card for free brewed. They honored the punches left on the old card and said they would continue to do so, we still have a couple left. The only problem was that they did not open until 7AM and we need our coffee long before then.

Archived