Coffee Card / Caribbean Princess update

donna5

We just returned today from the Island, they had brewed coffee but you had to purchase a new coffee card for free brewed. They honored the punches left on the old card and said they would continue to do so, we still have a couple left. The only problem was that they did not open until 7AM and we need our coffee long before then.

Wow! On the Ruby TA in Oct the IC was open 24 hrs. The Horizon Court was no longer open all night though.

We had 2 coffee cards, one new one and one with just a few punches and could not use them for fresh brewed coffee, only specialty ones.

It seems fair to not honor the free fresh brewed on the card which already had at least one punch as that means it had the unlimited fresh brewed on a previous cruise.

On the other hand, the unused card did not get any of the free fresh brewed that it should have as it was not used previosly. It would seem fair to stamp an unused card indicating the current voyage and allow the unlimited fresh brewed on that single voyage only.

It seems fair to not honor the free fresh brewed on the card which already had at least one punch as that means it had the unlimited fresh brewed on a previous cruise.

On the other hand, the unused card did not get any of the free fresh brewed that it should have as it was not used previously. It would seem fair to stamp an unused card indicating the current voyage and allow the unlimited fresh brewed on that single voyage only.

I was kind of hoping that's what they would do since I have several unused cards that I purchased last year with the BOGO coupon. I don't drink the fresh brewed but I LOVE the premium tea I could get with a card.

Oh well..... I guess an extra $30 isn't going to make or break me for each cruise.

On the other hand, the unused card did not get any of the free fresh brewed that it should have as it was not used previosly. It would seem fair to stamp an unused card indicating the current voyage and allow the unlimited fresh brewed on that single voyage only.

Good idea!

Please! I do not care the terms of the card. I care if there is ANY fresh brewed coffee on the Caribbean princess [other than at dinner in the MDR]! Not having it AT ALL in the IC or at the bars is the absurdity. No one wants to drink that swill in the buffet. What IS going on there?

Doug

OK at lunch I was checking the I.C. And there were two coffee pots caf and decaf on burners. I asked if it was brewed or syrup and they said it was brewed and that they have it there all the time. Well they must be lying since it was not there before. We did not check this morning or last night so I don't know when they turned up. They swear it is brewed.

OK at lunch I was checking the I.C. And there were two coffee pots caf and decaf on burners. I asked if it was brewed or syrup and they said it was brewed and that they have it there all the time. Well they must be lying since it was not there before. We did not check this morning or last night so I don't know when they turned up. They swear it is brewed.

Oooooo....the coffee conspiracy deepens... :rolleyes: :p :)

As someone else said, they must have had a problem with the coffee brewing machine to not have it available.

I asked that question at the start of this conversation but got no reply from the OP. To me, that seemed to be the only logical answer because why would they have a new program which included brewed coffee then remove it from the IC.

As they say on crime shows...'case closed'...the case of the missing brewed coffee pots has been solved. :rolleyes:

Please! I do not care the terms of the card. I care if there is ANY fresh brewed coffee on the Caribbean princess [other than at dinner in the MDR]! Not having it AT ALL in the IC or at the bars is the absurdity. No one wants to drink that swill in the buffet. What IS going on there?

Doug

If I read your post correctly, you believe that it's fresh brewed in the MDR for dinner? If so, it's been posted many times that it's the reconstituted coffee concentrate (AKA 'syrup') 'swill' that is served in the MDR at all times & not fresh brewed.

I agree it would be absurb to not have brewed coffee in the IC/Lobby Bar & that was why I asked the OP if it was temporarily unavailable.

DH just went down to get brewed coffee. Was told they no longer have fresh brewed coffee in I.C. They will give you a shot of Cafe Americano and add hot water. (Espresso + hot water) and you will be charged a punch on your card. They do not have a regular coffee pot in the I.C. on the Caribbean Princess.

Just of the Emerald . There was brewed coffee and the card wasn't punched.

Coffee cards are good until all the punches are used up.

The card can only be used for fresh brewed coffee and tea (without punches) during the cruise they where purchased on.

Have to say the CB was great! Nice and clean with new rugs throughout the ship, cabins included. They were showing a documentary on TV about the drydock and all the staff helped get her ready! They did a very nice job!

*perk* Documentary? TV? Where? What channel!? Would love to tune in since we're sailing on her next May. :D

Just of the Emerald . There was brewed coffee and the card wasn't punched.

Coffee cards are good until all the punches are used up.

The card can only be used for fresh brewed coffee and tea (without punches) during the cruise they where purchased on.

That seems fair enough to me. I was amazed that we could get coffee without any punches when we bought the card last time we went Princess. With all the delicious salads and desserts and then no cost for coffee too I was happy. I just went on a Celebrity cruise that charged $4.50 for a coffee in the cafe and had no desserts in the afternoon except dry chocolate chip cookies. The coffee card is a great buy, all in all.

Archived