It's official ! Change to Latitudes program!

auntierobin

When NCL looks at our cruise history, do they count points from the original reservation? On several of our cruises, we booked at one level and then accepted upsells. MyNCL only indicates the original booking, i.e., balcony when in fact we were in a suite. Makes a big difference if they have a balcony for 14 days vs. a suite for 14.

Me too I have had 5 suites and one was an upsell and that one is coming up balcony with no double points.

I think they only count the suite if you booked one originally. If you were in a penthouse and upsold to an owners suite, I think the points will still be there.

This could be tricky because even an upsell requires you to pay more money for the suite, it's not like a free upgrade. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

After you sign in click on Latitudes Rewards everything should be there..

It is!! They did a nice job (I think)

I also noticed that they awarded me the 'suite' points for a mini.

Hey..I'll take 'em. That leaves me 21 away from platinum...which means I will exactly make that after my one next NCL cruise instead of two.

Because my next is 7 days, in a suite, booked way more than 9 months in advance.

:eek:

Nice :D

So, I will be platinum when I cruise on the Sun in 2013.

(I feel a little bad feeling so giddy over this when I know others are feeling cheated...but

BIGgrin.gif

I have to agree with you.....nice job..and if someone has a problem they give you a way to solve it...

Same here with the mini suite...it shows as a suite..NCL is right on with all our cruises...:D:D

I have to agree with you.....nice job..and if someone has a problem they give you a way to solve it...

Same here with the mini suite...it shows as a suite..NCL is right on with all our cruises...:D:D

My 7 day mini-suite shows up as 7 points (which is what I expected). Definitely a glitch there somewhere.

My 7 day mini-suite shows up as 7 points (which is what I expected). Definitely a glitch there somewhere.

My minisuite experience was in 04...back then one received concierge service but no butler..perhaps NCL is counting the old mini bookings as a suite...just a guess...

My CAS upsell appears as inside not suite...and I agree..I paid lots to upgrade..thought I would be credited for suite:o Emailed them...we will see

Sweetie.....maybe its a conspiracy.....;)...I'm sure they will straighten it out...just let the dust settle..:D

http://www.facebook.com/norwegiancruiseline

You can sort by Everybody or Norwegian so you can see just their posts. It's the 2nd one down.

It says this:

"What do you love most about being a Norwegian Latitudes Member? Stay tuned, because exciting news about Norwegian’s new Latitudes Program will be announced in early December."

It's always "EXCITING" news. But for whom?

I will be curious to see how this all falls out. All my mini-suites on the Dawn are counting as suites, but my mini-suite on the Gem is listed as mini-suite. We will see how it all falls out.

Mine too. How odd is that??? Only thing I can think of is I was VIP on the Dawn.

I will be curious to see how this all falls out. All my mini-suites on the Dawn are counting as suites, but my mini-suite on the Gem is listed as mini-suite. We will see how it all falls out.

My account has similar consistency issues, plus a couple of missing cruises to boot.

At this point it hardly matters anyway...I was platinum before, remain platinum, and still have no higher tier to attain.

My Dec 2008 Gem cruise shows up as a mini-suite (we got a free upgrade to a full suite but not the points.. that makes sense)... Right before I booked that, I think that the mini-suites still got Butler/Conceirge services... maybe you get credit for a suite in a mini-suite if you booked when there were still perks.... otherwise, I should get the extra points for the mini-suite... just a guess

My account has similar consistency issues, plus a couple of missing cruises to boot.

At this point it hardly matters anyway...I was platinum before, remain platinum, and still have no higher tier to attain.

Actually getting those missing cruises credited does matter as there are a couple of rewards once you hit certain point levels. Still not a higher tier but it is something.

CCL give 25%/50%/75%/100% off when you hit 25/50/75/100 cruises. Currently there are only 300 Milestone (25 or more cruises) cruisers on CCL. I am not sure what this change will do to NCL numbers. But it seems like it will overwhelm the system initially.

Dave

Actually getting those missing cruises credited does matter as there are a couple of rewards once you hit certain point levels. Still not a higher tier but it is something.

CCL give 25%/50%/75%/100% off when you hit 25/50/75/100 cruises. Currently there are only 300 Milestone (25 or more cruises) cruisers on CCL. I am not sure what this change will do to NCL numbers. But it seems like it will overwhelm the system initially.

Dave

Only 300 Milestone cruisers on Carnival????? I would have thought it was thousands.

Just checked my account. I think they have it right. We were platinum before and still are, and my partner loves the strawberries and chocolate, so we're happy. Would have loved a platinum plus, but I think NCL did a nice job not downgrading anyone. I got to keep everything we like with berries and sparkling wine thrown in.

Anyone know about concierge service? I think it's making dinner and shore excursions without waiting in line.

Linda

Just checked my account. I think they have it right. We were platinum before and still are, and my partner loves the strawberries and chocolate, so we're happy. Would have loved a platinum plus, but I think NCL did a nice job not downgrading anyone. I got to keep everything we like with berries and sparkling wine thrown in.

Anyone know about concierge service? I think it's making dinner and shore excursions without waiting in line.

Linda

its potentially more than that. They also reserve seats at the theater for the suite guests and most of the time you can use that too. When you have a problem with anything the concierge is best to solve it.

As I said on the last cruise the concierge even watch the grand kids for a few minutes for us...

i just opened up my account and all cruises were listed with the proper points except there was no credit for booking 9 months in advance. Does that just start on 5 Dec for cruises booked after Dec. 5 --so it is not retroactive???

The FAQ portion did not address that issue--I sent an email to latitudes clerical but it may take forever for an answer--

anyone know the answer??

Thanks

BG

i just opened up my account and all cruises were listed with the proper points except there was no credit for booking 9 months in advance. Does that just start on 5 Dec for cruises booked after Dec. 5 --so it is not retroactive???

The FAQ portion did not address that issue--I sent an email to latitudes clerical but it may take forever for an answer--

anyone know the answer??

Thanks

BG

The 9 month prior point is only from cruises going forward. That one is not retroactive.

anyone know the answer??

Thanks

BG

I was thinking about the same question! Please post what you hear! We have three cruises booked right now, and they were booked waaaaaay in advance.

Kim

I was thinking about the same question! Please post what you hear! We have three cruises booked right now, and they were booked waaaaaay in advance.

Kim

When moving existing Latitudes members into the new program, only # nights at sea and cabin type will be included in points calculations. The 9 month advance booking and Latitudes Insider bookings start with implementation of the new program 12/5/2011.

"Existing members will be migrated into the program using reward points (based on points per night and additional point per night for suites and above.)

Archived