Anyone off a Diamond Cruise this week?

lauraapp

Others have been reporting the same thing..........to me,the points are worth more than the gifts,even though I like the luggage straps............much more so than another tote bag.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1526502

Hi Kathy! :)

Have never seen the luggage straps....that will be cool! :)

I am STILL not packed....!! :eek:

As I am writing this, I can hear one of the ship's horns from the port! :D

Not packed?? oh heck,you have plenty of time;)

Seriously have a wonderful time!!

Typing in green cuz I am envious how close you live to the port.:o.....

Last year was the really large, heavy pins, magnets & the metal water bottle. Does anyone know if Bank of America is doing the triple points again this year? We missed out on it last year because there was fraud activity while we were sailing & they had to cancel our card :( I pleaded with them to let us keep the RC onboard charge on it but they wouldn't (I know, it was for our good, & that's what they're supposed to do)

Almost packed, leave for PC on Sat.:D

Not packed?? oh heck,you have plenty of time;)

Seriously have a wonderful time!!

Typing in green cuz I am envious how close you live to the port.:o.....

Yeah, I figure I have all day on Saturday...which is when I will actually pack.

Awww... Kathy...you make up for extra cruises versus my close to port!! ;) ;)

Never having sailed during a December Diamonds event, I was unsure what to expect. The advert from RCCL indicated:

"During December, our Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club members will be recognized and pampered by the entire Royal Caribbean® Crew. In addition, they will receive double points for their sailing (triple points if sailing in a suite), special commemorative gifts and exclusive events."

The actual talley:

1 lapel pin

1 magnet (that went directly to the circular file)

1 luggage strap

Yep. That's it. No special events. No great Swag. No pampering.

Of course we did get double cruise points, but the gap between D+ and PC is so large that that really did not mean much to us. We had booked well before the D&D was announced, so that fact that not much happened was of little consequence, but for all the hype, I expected something a little more. This was on the 8-night NAV Eastern sailing that departed 11/26.

Is this really all there was to be or did we have a slack Loyalty Ambassador that forgot it was December?? (He did put up Dazzling December signs everywhere, so I suspect not...)

Heck, we didn't even get the luggage straps. Asked at the desk if the pin and magnet were all we were getting and was told that was it!!! Got back and saw here on CC that we were to get the luggage straps. I called C&A and their response was "well those are on the ship and we are on land." HUH??????????? I reminded her the ship DOES come to port every couple of days and that those gifts DID come from land to begin with. So, then I was told they ran out; should NOT be my problem, but apparently it is! We booked this thing a long time ago. I know, it's just lil luggage straps, but we were promised "gifts." So, then she says it will be a different gift on the next sailing and I told her to expect my call back when I find out it's still luggage straps all of December!

Now, it's the principle!

Heck, we didn't even get the luggage straps. Asked at the desk if the pin and magnet were all we were getting and was told that was it!!! Got back and saw here on CC that we were to get the luggage straps. I called C&A and their response was "well those are on the ship and we are on land." HUH??????????? I reminded her the ship DOES come to port every couple of days and that those gifts DID come from land to begin with. So, then I was told they ran out; should NOT be my problem, but apparently it is! We booked this thing a long time ago. I know, it's just lil luggage straps, but we were promised "gifts." So, then she says it will be a different gift on the next sailing and I told her to expect my call back when I find out it's still luggage straps all of December!

Now, it's the principle!

Like I said,maybe it was just DP that got them,due to the fact,there were hundreds of Ds on board.....

to those who also got the straps,are you D or DP??:confused:

Never having sailed during a December Diamonds event, I was unsure what to expect. The advert from RCCL indicated:

"During December, our Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club members will be recognized and pampered by the entire Royal Caribbean® Crew. In addition, they will receive double points for their sailing (triple points if sailing in a suite), special commemorative gifts and exclusive events."

The actual talley:

1 lapel pin

1 magnet (that went directly to the circular file)

1 luggage strap

Yep. That's it. No special events. No great Swag. No pampering.

Of course we did get double cruise points, but the gap between D+ and PC is so large that that really did not mean much to us. We had booked well before the D&D was announced, so that fact that not much happened was of little consequence, but for all the hype, I expected something a little more. This was on the 8-night NAV Eastern sailing that departed 11/26.

Is this really all there was to be or did we have a slack Loyalty Ambassador that forgot it was December?? (He did put up Dazzling December signs everywhere, so I suspect not...)

Tropicbird...if you can find the announcement of the Diamond December event, way at the bottom in the fine print there is a disclaimer that sailings starting 11-26 on 2 ships were excluded from this event. One ship was Jewel and I don't remember the other ship. Perhaps your ship was excluded from the Diamond December event and that's why you didn't get what you expected.

OK, call me stupid but what do you do with a luggage strap? What is it supposed to do? My luggage has handles already!

Karen-they go around the outside of the luggage.......helps to ID your bag and I guess keep it from popping open

L3.gif

Tropicbird...if you can find the announcement of the Diamond December event, way at the bottom in the fine print there is a disclaimer that sailings starting 11-26 on 2 ships were excluded from this event. One ship was Jewel and I don't remember the other ship. Perhaps your ship was excluded from the Diamond December event and that's why you didn't get what you expected.

TERMS & CONDITIONS * December Celebration events are held during the month of December 2011 and are limited to the Diamond level or higher Crown & Anchor member named on this invitation. Double and Triple Crown & Anchor Cruise Points Offer is applicable to all sailings departing Nov. 26 - Dec. 31, 2011, except for Liberty of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas sailings departing on Nov. 26, 2011. Triple cruise points awarded for booking in a suite category and double cruise points for all other stateroom categories. Cruise points awarded after completion of sailing. Booking must contain the member's Crown & Anchor membership number to qualify member for the events and points offer. Events and other rewards may vary by sailing and are subject to change without notice. Offer is non-transferable.

I was on Monarch Dec 2 and didn't get any luggage straps!!!! Well, I'm going again today so I will have to make sure I get one :)

There was nothing special on this cruise, but I thought it was because it's a low budget cruise. Last year on Radiance it was nice- they gave me 2 nice gifts.

I was on Monarch Dec 2 and didn't get any luggage straps!!!! Well, I'm going again today so I will have to make sure I get one :)

There was nothing special on this cruise, but I thought it was because it's a low budget cruise. Last year on Radiance it was nice- they gave me 2 nice gifts.

Plus it is hard to fit in extra activities on a 3 day cruise when you go to 2 ports........

Archived