Youngest Diamond Member ??

villauk

Hi All,

My DS has asked me to post this question as he wants to know what's the age of the youngest Diamond member? All points must have been accumulated by the child in their own right from actual cruises they have sailed on i.e. not from their parents/guardians cruise vacations. He is 9 and wondered if any children had become Diamond members at a younger age than him :confused:. I'm sure there will be lots out there, please let him know.

Thanks.

Our son was 13 (I think) when we all reached the Diamond level. Our son has always cruised with us. It's one of the best family vacations we take. We get some alone time and plenty of family time all in one trip. So, tell your son, so far , he wins!

I actually know of an 11 year old has nearly achieved pinnacle status on his own. Scary thought.

WOW!!! :eek: :D

Lucky kid. I thought I had it good becoming Diamond at age 21... okay, perhaps I do have it good. :p

I actually know of an 11 year old has nearly achieved pinnacle status on his own. Scary thought.

Well...I don't know if I'd say he achieved it ON HIS OWN. An adult must have paid for all those cruises this lucky child has taken to achieve such a lofty status. ;)

Hi All,

My DS has asked me to post this question as he wants to know what's the age of the youngest Diamond member? All points must have been accumulated by the child in their own right from actual cruises they have sailed on i.e. not from their parents/guardians cruise vacations. He is 9 and wondered if any children had become Diamond members at a younger age than him :confused:. I'm sure there will be lots out there, please let him know.

Thanks.

My 7 year old was a Diamond member on her first cruise at 7 weeks, but officialy at 9 months. My 3 year old was at 8 weeks but offcially this past week at 3.

Are you saying they did enough cruises by that age to get there on their own .. or you were, so they were. If they did that many by age 3, thats a lot of cruising.

My 7 year old was a Diamond member on her first cruise at 7 weeks, but officialy at 9 months. My 3 year old was at 8 weeks but offcially this past week at 3.

Wow, our 9 month old will get the automatic bump up to Diamond after his first cruise in a couple of weeks. Are you saying that you got yours up to diamond by actually cruising that much in her first 9 months? That's impressive. I'd love to hear the combination (long cruises, or something like 3 back to back to back on 3-days in a suite??)

Does he live on board a ship? Is he home schooled?

Can his parents adopt me:D

8 in our family

Just beat my DS then. He would have been 8 but the scheme changed so he needed two more days, and that meant another cruise just after he was 9.

WOW, didn't realise some babies would only be 9 months old when qualifying in their own right for Diamond status :eek: - that must be a record!!!

I have a friend who lives in Florida who will go on a 3-4 day about once every other month or so. They just watch sales sites until something pops up for super cheap and they'll go as a family. She works from home and makes her own schedule and her hubby has a 4-day on/3 day off schedule that flips to 4 off/3 on once a month so. They live only a few miles from the Miami port so it's super easy for them. Anyway, their 2 1/2 year old has already been on 9-10 cruises... maybe even more! Not all with the same cruise line, though since they just go for deals, but still... that's impressive to me! I went on my first cruise when I was 25! My parents are going on their first cruise when we all board NOS in February and they're almost 60. But I guess when you live in Florida, make a decent amount of money, and have a work schedule like that you have a different life style!

Edited by jebuell

Wow, this sounds almost impossible. I had to get the calulator

out. Eleven years old equals 4015 days of life. Assuming no

suites, he's sailed 700 nights? Now that's the life!

I was trying to be one of the youngest pinnacle's and my goal is

to reach it by 50. No use trying anymore :( .... but I will .:D

My DD made it at 10. Had we started w/RCCL vs DCL she could have been 7. Lol. I just hope my kids marry people that like cruising, they are addicts now!

Maybe someday they will meet their future spouses on a cruise. That's where I met mine! :)

We are Diamond Plus and my kids are Diamond Plus in their own right and my two grandchildren (6 Years old and 10 months old) are D Plus as well.

Kids earned it by sailing, Grandkids.......well they got Grandfathered, haha!

My youngest child earned Diamond Plus through her own sailings at age 16. Oh and we never did 3/4 nighters on the old ships. We and the kids earned it as they say....the hard way. Now the grandkids? They were born with it.