I wanted to go solo

TriciaEMTB

I'm trying to plan a solo on the valor next November to san Juan, la romana, grand Turk and Nassau

My family has invited themselves after hearing how much fun I had on my first cruise.

Now we are going on the legend out of Tampa! What!?! Where did my cruise go!?!

:( anyone else have similar problems?

After adding taxes and fees its not even much cheaper pp for two over 1.

Hi, so they are going on the Legend out of Tampa?

Book your own cruise as you had planned:) and explain that you

have another ship/itinerary you want to do on your own.

I've cruised alone several times. In order to avoid something like that happening to me (because I WANT to go alone), I usually book mine FIRST and then tell my friends and family closer to departure so nobody will be able to make plans that quickly and get on the same ship.....LOL

I've cruised alone several times. In order to avoid something like that happening to me (because I WANT to go alone), I usually book mine FIRST and then tell my friends and family closer to departure so nobody will be able to make plans that quickly and get on the same ship.....LOL

I can't help it. I was planning it the day I got home and wouldn't shut up about where I wanted to go next.

I liked going solo. I want to do it again!

Ugh. :( the more I'm looking at other ports though.... The harder it is to stick to my original ports.

I want to do them all!

I can't help it. I was planning it the day I got home and wouldn't shut up about where I wanted to go next.

Ugh. :( the more I'm looking at other ports though.... The harder it is to stick to my original ports.

I want to do them all!

TriciaEMTB-You can just keep doing cruises until you get to them all, and if you are a little sneakier, you can do them solo. Have a great trip, even if you are stuck going with FAMILY!! LOL

I want to do them all!

I think the real question is whether you'll have to share a cabin. If not, I imagine you can get out and about on your own, even if it means "missing" some gathering because you "forgot" about it. I'd think you can get a lot of the benefits of a solo cruise and just eat meals and maybe do a show or two with family if you're crafty. However it works out, have a great trip. By the way, my next three are solo before I do one next summer with the kids and grandkids. I'm looking forward to all of the cruises, and you'll not get me to say which I'm looking forward to most.

Ah that sucks! LOL

I book first and I usually tell my family I'm going a week after final payment! LOL That way, no changes can be made. They know how I am when it's come to cruising anywaze. If I don't invite you, then you know I'm going alone.

There's still plenty of time before your cruise; you never know what will happen!

• 2 weeks later...

I also wanted to try solo cruising - I've cruised many times with my ex-husband and family, but now I wanted to venture out on my own.

Just in this past week alone, I've gotten "oh couldn't find anyone to go with?"; "too bad, had I known I've have gone with you"; "gee you should have called me, I'd have gone".

It's the "poor soul" looks from friends that surprises me. I don't want to hurt their feelings by saying I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO COME WITH ME!! :D

I also wanted to try solo cruising - I've cruised many times with my ex-husband and family, but now I wanted to venture out on my own.

Just in this past week alone, I've gotten "oh couldn't find anyone to go with?"; "too bad, had I known I've have gone with you"; "gee you should have called me, I'd have gone".

It's the "poor soul" looks from friends that surprises me. I don't want to hurt their feelings by saying I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO COME WITH ME!! :D

Hi,:) I see you are sailing on Solstice.:) I was going to try and book

that one but found out the person who does my job when I am off

will be away for 2 days that week so I can't go......anyway, hope

you go to the roll call. I was lurking on there and it seems like a

nice group:)

I have been on all the Celebrity ships (except the newest Sihlouette)

and Solstice is really nice:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's what I do when it comes to travel in general. After having people invite themselves on my vacations a few times. I've learned to not give enough time for someone to do this. If I want someone to come I'll invite them. Inviting yourself is a good way to be uninvited. My favorite line that I've oft heard is: "oh you don't have to travel by yourself I'll come with you." :eek: "Nein danka."

Sorry that happened to you OP. If I were you I'd go with your family, because life is short and you never know what can happen to those you love, but I'd take it as a lesson for next time.

Archived