Do you remember what was offered on your cruise that first day at the Buffet?

serene56

Well, my most recent was just last Thursday, I can say, I don't remember what was offered on the Lido buffet, but I can say that I opted for the fresh mozzerella and tomato sub from the deli! :D

I have no clue what was offered at the Lido buffet.

After reading the boards for over a year I learned that you go directly to the Fish and Chips, LOL

Well, I tried the pizza place for a calzone but was met with THE one and only rude crew member and trotted up stairs instead.:D

You were so excited. You waited patiently for your turn to get to ding your card that very first time.

Then you headed to the Lido Buffet.

What did you eat? what was offered?

I went right to the deli and ordered a pastrami and corned beef sandwich on rye, extra meat. Yum!!

Carnival Burger and a DOD that is the sign of BEGININNG VACATION!! not a big fan of the DODs nor a big burger guy but that is ALWAYS the first meal as soon as we board. and we always try to be at least with the first 50 on board.

I have no clue what was offered at the Lido buffet.

After reading the boards for over a year I learned that you go directly to the Fish and Chips, LOL

FishAndChips-306.jpg

Fish & Chips, upstairs Lido!

Well, I tried the pizza place for a calzone

but was met with THE one and only rude crew member ===> Unusual

and trotted up stairs instead.:D

Buffet? I don't think so. :cool:

The buffet is for the inexperienced who don't realize there are about half-doz. alternatives, peripherally

usually with short lines, if any.

Why Carnival puts Vietnamese/Asian guys to do the pizza is beyond me.

Surely there should be at least two Italians in the back,there? :confused:

Buffet? I don't think so. :cool:

The buffet is for the inexperienced who don't realize there are about half-doz. alternatives, peripherally

usually with short lines, if any.

Why Carnival puts Vietnamese/Asian guys to do the pizza is beyond me.

Surely there should be at least two Italians in the back,there? :confused:

The Captain and his immediate staff are Italian...they probably cook the Pizza in the back as Carnival is cutting back...and adding extra work for the crew..

I don't like buffets, so I usually skip them, but last time I did not have breakfast, so went for Asian station. They had spicy food which was palatable, but that's as nice as I am going to be about it.

There is also desert station. Even though I am very partial to Carnival's buffet, Carnival blows Royal and Celebrity out of the water with their deserts in terms of taste, but not variety (both in the buffet and in MDR). Don't get me wrong, it is not 5-start cousin, but the deserts do hit the spot. Actually I feel that deserts in the buffet are so much better than in MDR - we usually grab several before dinner to eat at midnight (store them in the fridge).

They also have some regular grab (and call it Italian), but I recommend skipping it.

We're usually in the first hundred or so on board so no line at the buffet. After a Miami Vice, that's where we head. I don't remember what we had but my boyfriend remembers a vegetarian lasagna that he liked so much he went back for seconds and thirds, and he looks for it every cruise.

Do you know if they do a Turkey Ruben also? I do not like normal rubens, but this was great. I think it was called a Rachal Ruben.

I don't remember a turkey reuben BUT they do offer turkey sandwiches and you could always just ask them to make you one. I'm sure they'd accomodate you on this since they have the turkey anyway.

It's about the same on embarkation day as it is any other day. There is usually a fish, a chicken, some kind of pasta plus potatoes and rice some kind of hot green veggie and a carving station.

The salads are the same every day.

Hmmm, I don't think I grab food first thing, can't recall. If I did it was where ever the shortest lines were. I won't stand in them if I don't have too. I try to get to my room if I can, otherwise stroll around away from the crowded Lido deck. For me to relax I try to steer clear of the Lido deck and poolside as much as possible. Up high to view my surroundings is a pretty common place for me.

Deli is good though. Pizza could be better last time and never had a fish and chips option yet

I have no idea. I do remember that the food was lukewarm, at best. Some of it was downright cold. But, I don't blame Carnival. I blame Mother Nature. A Blue Norther had come through and Galveston was experiencing record low temps. Windy and blustery -- I do remember the hot chocolate was delicious!! And there were waiters everywhere peddling ice cold drinks of the day. I couldn't bear the thought of an icy drink given the cold temperature outside (and even inside), although it seemed that many people did not have my reservations and were perfectly happy to imbibe.

Next trip -- I'm having one of those DODs!

Archived