Do you remember what was offered on your cruise that first day at the Buffet?

serene56

It's interesting to hear that folks make a distinction between the Lido buffet and the places like the deli or the pizza place. To ME these are all just different stations at the Lido buffet!!

The area is more like a mini food court than a traditional buffet. There are separate lines for each food court station.

Do you know if they do a Turkey Ruben also? I do not like normal rubens, but this was great. I think it was called a Rachal Ruben.

Hi Chuck!! Yes, you can get a rueben made with turkey. They will make you anything you want with the ingredients they have on hand. Steven had a turkey sandwich on a country roll the day we boarded. For some reason they used the panini press on it and it was so good that way. The next time he ordered it they gave it to him cold the same way it normally is served. After that we started asking for it to be hot and they grilled it. Very yummy sandwich when grilled :) Just don't ask for a grilled chicken sandwich lol

It's interesting to hear that folks make a distinction between the Lido buffet and the places like the deli or the pizza place. To ME these are all just different stations at the Lido buffet!!

The area is more like a mini food court than a traditional buffet. There are separate lines for each food court station.

Like button!!!

You were so excited. You waited patiently for your turn to get to ding your card that very first time.

Then you headed to the Lido Buffet.

What did you eat? what was offered?

Hi serene!

Our last 2 cruises on the Dream, we boarded early, and headed right to the "make your own burrito" station...no one there and I had sauteed shrimp, grilled chicken etc:D Heavenly.

Have a great time on the Legend-our first.....

Mike

Hey guys, sorry for being ignorant, but what exactly is this Fish n Chips thing, and where is it located? Im from Puerto Rico so maybe thats why i dont get it :(

depends on the ship. on the conquest class, it's on the second level of the lido deck dining area.

Hey guys, sorry for being ignorant, but what exactly is this Fish n Chips thing, and where is it located? Im from Puerto Rico so maybe thats why i dont get it :(

The fish and chips is very lightly battered white cod, as good as I have had anywhere. Chips are, of course, french fries.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=21362682&postcount=15

i think the Victory has one located on the Panorama Deck- its called Mediterranean Lido Restruant

I never thought of it like that. A buffet is a line with a variety of foods to me. They have the hot food buffet and a salad buffet. They also have a pizza bar, a grill and a deli station.

I never thought of it like that. A buffet is a line with a variety of foods to me. They have the hot food buffet and a salad buffet. They also have a pizza bar, a grill and a deli station.

and lets not forget the mongolian station- the Asian kitchen, the taste of nations buffet.

Now I know why that deli line is so long that first day onboard

Me - I head straight to the fruit. Love fresh pineapple - and something about pineapple on a cruise is just so much better than anywhere else.

Please tell me Carnival still serves pineapple in the buffet? Daily?

Then after a couple of pieces of that, I round up protien. Shortest line wins.

1. I'll let you know when I get there, but honestly, the Fish and Chips is what I want.

2. Reubens are my favorite sandwiches

3. I want to lose 25 pounds before my cruise in June, 2012... :D That way I have room to wiggle! :p

This will be SO HARD. I love food. Almost all kinds of food. Hopefully I can stay busy and keep my mind off of it. At least I heard the coffee is really bad, so I will be able to get by without any, I think. :)

Me - I head straight to the fruit. Love fresh pineapple - and something about pineapple on a cruise is just so much better than anywhere else.

Please tell me Carnival still serves pineapple in the buffet? Daily?

Then after a couple of pieces of that, I round up protien. Shortest line wins.

If it's out routinely, it's only at one station instead of both sides like it used to be long ago. I ask around, and still have had trouble finding it. So I end up asking a server who is stationed where the other sliced fruit is, and they end up going in back to slice some up for me. Not readily available anymore.

Archived