Bringing Cooler on Cruise?

BengelaCruisers

For the 1st time, we are actually driving to the port and want to bring a wheeled cooler on the ship to put on our balcony so we can keep cold drinks out there while we sit/relax.

How big of a cooler can we bring and still get it thru the port security? It just has to fit thru the xray machine? And if it doesn't, can we just pawn it off to the porters w/the rest of our luggage for them to bring it aboard?

Anyone ever dealt with this?

I would ask this on the particular threads for that cruiseline as they all probably have different rules. Carnival for instance allows a 12 x 12 x 12, and if its even 1/2 inch larger sometimes will confiscate those rolling coolers.

They dont want them aboard.

with wheels, a cooler can be used as just another piece of luggage...u can put food, drink,whatever in it when boarding the ship...i plan to sit on my balcony w/a cold beverage and not have to walk down to a bar or even inside my room to refill it...come on, I'm on vacation!!! trying to minimize any work that i have to do!!! :)

For the 1st time, we are actually driving to the port and want to bring a wheeled cooler on the ship to put on our balcony so we can keep cold drinks out there while we sit/relax.

No, never brought a cooler on a cruise. Can't you just bring one of those collapsible coolers that fold up and fit in your luggage? We often take those to beach vacations. They certainly are large enough to hold whatever you need out on your balcony.

Archived