Live from Grand 12-17 departure

tashaw1234

Live from the Grand Princess 12-17 departure

Good morning from warm and sunny Fort lauderdale. We are heading out on the Grand today to Curaçao, Aruba and Princess Cays. I am going to try and update you on our trip throughout the week.*

We came in on Friday and stayed at the Springhill Suites in Diana Beach, Fl. First time staying at this particular hotel in FLL. Great shuttle service from the airport. Free water, cookies and a very friendly staff. Breakfast was typical buffet consisting of eggs, waffles, *sausage,**cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, and oatmeal. Again, service was great and plenty of seating. We are taking the 10:30 shuttle to the pier. We have preferred boarding....hopefully we will be on early. *It is gorgeous again this morning...so we are going to enjoy some sunshine before heading to the port. I will report back later on embarkation and all the first day activities.*

Live from the Grand Princess 12-17 departure

Good morning from warm and sunny Fort lauderdale. We are heading out on the Grand today to Curaçao, Aruba and Princess Cays. I am going to try and update you on our trip throughout the week.*

We came in on Friday and stayed at the Springhill Suites in Diana Beach, Fl. First time staying at this particular hotel in FLL. Great shuttle service from the airport. Free water, cookies and a very friendly staff. Breakfast was typical buffet consisting of eggs, waffles, *sausage,**cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, and oatmeal. Again, service was great and plenty of seating. We are taking the 10:30 shuttle to the pier. We have preferred boarding....hopefully we will be on early. *It is gorgeous again this morning...so we are going to enjoy some sunshine before heading to the port. I will report back later on embarkation and all the first day activities.*

Looking foward to reading your reviews...we do this itinerary in February.

Thanks for starting this live -- I came thisclose to booking this cruise at the last minute, but then decided to control my expenditures in anticipation of a big cruise coming up next year. So, I'm with you vicariously. I watched y'all sail away on the port's webcam and was waving back at everyone! Have a wonderful cruise!

Live from the Grand Princess 12-17 departure. Good morning from warm and sunny Fort lauderdale. We are heading out on the Grand today to Curaçao, Aruba and Princess Cays. I am going to try and update you on our trip throughout the week.*

Funny that my last cruise was on the Grand Princess and I stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach as well. It was a great hotel. Stayed there 2 nights before and 1 after the cruise. Can't wait to read your posts. Enjoy the cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I really wonder why someone would start a live from thread and never return. I don't do live from threads because I tend to not want to get online when I cruise. It might have something to do with my job that has lots of email and online activity and my desire to escape that while I cruise.

I just wish people that start a live from thread would do so with the intent of coming back and posting about their experience. I do love reading live from threads as I find them both informative and enjoyable.

A reason some people may not come back is the speed of the internet on board. When they realize how long it takes to post at times, they give up.

Or the Internet not functioning at all or the OP just too busy while "Escaping Completely."

Or the Internet not functioning at all or the OP just too busy while "Escaping Completely."

caribill, this is so true.

we had 300 minutes of internet time & were only able to get online one time on this cruise. we used 33 minutes out of our 300 minutes. this is from our aft cabin, while others say they had no problem. internet guy said our problem was due to so many smart phones & ipads tying up IP addresses, not that they were online.

internet guy said our problem was due to so many smart phones & ipads tying up IP addresses, not that they were online.

This is a new problem due to the use of technology not anticipated when Princess set up their WIFI system.

I wonder if anyone in the IT department is trying to find a solution to this.

Archived