Royal Caribbean Secrets They Don't Tell You

Hank1468

I know - all these experienced cruise critic users use acronyms and forget about us poor newbies :-(

I KNOW RIGHT TICK. The first time I used CC a few years ago, there was a thread telling u what they stood for: IMHO.....in my humble opinion.

DH ......darling husband. Mil, mother in law.

B2B, back to back cruising.

love it!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard for RCI ships that if you are sitting on a lounge or bar and have a waiter bring you a drink then you get 15% service charge added to your bill (in a group of 4 having an $8 cocktail each this is $4.80) but if you buy straight from the bar yourself you just pay the drink price. Any one able to confirm.

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard for RCI ships that if you are sitting on a lounge or bar and have a waiter bring you a drink then you get 15% service charge added to your bill (in a group of 4 having an $8 cocktail each this is $4.80) but if you buy straight from the bar yourself you just pay the drink price. Any one able to confirm.

It's been 4 years since my last Royal Caribbean cruise but I was charged the gratuity whether I bought from the bar or a waiter.

I could've literally eaten the scallop risotto from the MDR every day for the rest of my life and never grown tired of it. Mmmmmm!! That stuff is heavenly!! I last said RC in '09....hoping they still serve it!

If you dont see it, you can always ask for it - they wont say no and will find it for you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Not so much of a "secret" but Instead of packing perfume on our cruises, I just stop by the perfume shop each day for a sample spritz. That way you can try out diferent ones to see which you might want to buy.:)

That is a fantastic Idea! :) Why didn't I think of that?:rolleyes:

It's been 4 years since my last Royal Caribbean cruise but I was charged the gratuity whether I bought from the bar or a waiter.

Yep that is correct. We even had a very special bar tender at the Sky Bar tell us to not add extra tips on the bills, as they did not get it. If you want to tip someone for extra service, I'd suggest handing over a few dollars to them personally. I don't know if that is still true but that ia what he said.....

Yep that is correct. We even had a very special bar tender at the Sky Bar tell us to not add extra tips on the bills, as they did not get it. If you want to tip someone for extra service, I'd suggest handing over a few dollars to them personally. I don't know if that is still true but that ia what he said.....

that's good to know. I've had some really attentive bar tenders, and want to make sure they get the tips!

Not so much of a "secret" but Instead of packing perfume on our cruises, I just stop by the perfume shop each day for a sample spritz. That way you can try out diferent ones to see which you might want to buy.:)

That's a good idea until you spray one on that either you or your partner end up not liking.;):D

DH ......darling husband.

When I see DD, DH, DS, or DW... I make the D stand for Dumb.

Seriously... who under the age of like 100 uses the phrase "darling husband" in real life? Unless they are actually insulting the person and calling them a dummy?

"My DAHHH-RRRLING husand left a pile of dirty, stinky clothes on the hall floor."

Thus, I assume they are actually referring to their dumb relative.

I'd take a wild guess and say that if he has cash, it can disappear into his pocket. If it goes on the tab, it's shared.

When we have a special bartender, we always give them cash so they get the tip they deserve (IOHO). :cool:

I'd take a wild guess and say that if he has cash, it can disappear into his pocket. If it goes on the tab, it's shared.

When we have a special bartender, we always give them cash so they get the tip they deserve (IOHO). :cool:

Maybe it depends upon the ship or bar crew ?

I tipped cash a number of times while sitting at the bar. In all cases the cash went into a jar by the register. If being served at a table, of course we couldn't tell where it went.

Well I just returned and as per usual I tipped cash. My room attentend thanked me and gave me a huge hug. He explained when you pre pay your tips. Not only does that money get pooled and tipped out to assure everyone gets the same amount. Rccl also takes a portion for themselves as a fee. I gave him $50 for 4 days cash. He would have only received around $45 and change if I prepaid.

When I see DD, DH, DS, or DW... I make the D stand for Dumb.

Seriously... who under the age of like 100 uses the phrase "darling husband" in real life? Unless they are actually insulting the person and calling them a dummy?

"My DAHHH-RRRLING husand left a pile of dirty, stinky clothes on the hall floor."

Thus, I assume they are actually referring to their dumb relative.

No one, DP. They might instead use "dear" or "darn".