Royal Caribbean Secrets They Don't Tell You

Hank1468

Wash & Fold Special is $25 for the bag and you can send pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts and underwear. How the clothing is returned as far as how neatly it is folded all depends on what ship you are on and who is doing the laundry.

On Voyager in January our laundry came back in the same size bag we sent it off in:eek:...what a wrinkled mess!!!

This is a very good question. I am wondering about the speciality reasturants as well. I would prefer to eat my desert back in my cabin later on. Does anyone know if this is possible? To go dessert?:p

Pretty much anything is possible if you ask with a smile:D

Do they still serve free champagne at the Art Auctions? I'll admit, I went for the champagne, but ended up purchasing a small Kinkaid. Before he passed.

I think the coupon book has a discount for %10 off Britto's work.

The waterfall Urinal is nothing to be afraid of. Ever been to France or Amsterdam? In both places I used an outside Urinal where you can watch people walk by you and they all know what your doing but there it is no big deal.

Yes but if you use it are you a Euro pee'in??

• 1 month later...
I'm sorry....maybe it's the two glasses of wine I've had while reading posts...but I can't for the life of me figure out what DOD stands for???

Can someone tell me?? Please and thank you!

I know - all these experienced cruise critic users use acronyms and forget about us poor newbies :-(

There is an open air, but covered, dining area to the real of the Windjammer serving areas on all of the Radiance Class ships. Keep walking back and eventually you will find it. Nothing beets dining while listening to the wake of the ship. (YES! The wake does make sounds!)

DSCN8222.jpg

Do they have this sitting on the Freedom? I would love this!!

One tip I could give that I use would be if you are interested in cologne or perfume to price out the different sizes prior to leaving with your local stores. Sometimes the deals are meant to look like a huge savings when in fact they are only a couple of dollars difference. Watches on board as well can be tricky as my FIL once bought a nice Citizen on board and Kohl's had the same watch cheaper on sale. Sometimes it is nice to purchase such items to constantly remind you about the wonderful trip you had when you purchased it. My favorite purchase from cruise would be hands down a painting of the Charlotte Amalie harbour we purchased directly from the artist in the downtown area.

Beer prices per ounce

Bud family 16 oz aluminum ($4.50) 28 cents per ounce

Coors light ($3.50) 29 cents per ounce

Sam Adams ($3.95) 32 cents per ounce

Imports ($4.25-$4.50) 35-38 cents per ounce

And the deal that I found a couple of cruises ago:

Foster's Oil Can 23.5 oz can ($5.95) 25 cents per ounce

The draft prices are cheaper, but I don't remember those prices so if anyone can post a pic of the menu or pass on I can add it to the list.

I was suprised that Coor's Lt is more expensive and how the spread between dom/imports is not as great as it is in the states.

Beer prices per ounce

Bud family 16 oz aluminum ($4.50) 28 cents per ounce

Coors light ($3.50) 29 cents per ounce

Sam Adams ($3.95) 32 cents per ounce

Imports ($4.25-$4.50) 35-38 cents per ounce

And the deal that I found a couple of cruises ago:

Foster's Oil Can 23.5 oz can ($5.95) 25 cents per ounce

The draft prices are cheaper, but I don't remember those prices so if anyone can post a pic of the menu or pass on I can add it to the list.

I was suprised that Coor's Lt is more expensive and how the spread between dom/imports is not as great as it is in the states.

How recent are these prices? They seem kind of low from what I remember a few months ago.

Do they still serve free champagne at the Art Auctions? I'll admit, I went for the champagne, but ended up purchasing a small Kinkaid. Before he passed.

I think the coupon book has a discount for %10 off Britto's work.

The 10% coupon is to be used on the britto collections pieces. Not his work. I found this out the hard way when I purchased an original signed piece on allure.

I don't know if this is a true secret; but we found out last week that a CocoLoco and a Labadoozie (the frozen "island drinks" sold by the bar servers on Coco Cay and Labadee respectively) are the same thing. :eek:

Guys selling CocoLocos on CocoCay are more than happy to top your drink off with an additional rum floater. My girlfriends and I still get a kick out of a hearty "Cocoooooollllooooocccoooo"! :p

I could've literally eaten the scallop risotto from the MDR every day for the rest of my life and never grown tired of it. Mmmmmm!! That stuff is heavenly!! I last said RC in '09....hoping they still serve it!

They still served it as of this past June. Hopefully they will continue to serve it as they roll out the new menus.

I could've literally eaten the scallop risotto from the MDR every day for the rest of my life and never grown tired of it. Mmmmmm!! That stuff is heavenly!! I last said RC in '09....hoping they still serve it!

They do... or at least they did in February on Serenade. Was very good!

I don't know if this is a true secret; but we found out last week that a CocoLoco and a Labadoozie (the frozen "island drinks" sold by the bar servers on Coco Cay and Labadee respectively) are the same thing. :eek:

My experience was quite different. The CocoLoco was a frozen drink (consistency of a Love Connection) whereas the Labadoozie was a liquid mixed drink (consistency of a Rum and Coke). They were both very different.