Royal Caribbean Secrets They Don't Tell You

Hank1468

On the Navigator don't miss "peek-a-boo bridge" where you can go watch what the captain is doing. Look for the sliding door to nowhere in the Solarium. We were on the Nav a few weeks ago. We had a lovely time!

Is there a peek-a-boo on Indy too? And if there is how do we get to it?

Thanks

It's true. I've had dessert to go from the MDR and Portofinos. Actually, at Ports, the waitress insisted that we try a particular dessert. We were stuffed and told her so, at which point she said "no problem; I'll pack it up for you. It'll fit in your fridge so you can enjoy it later."

Most waiters will actually prepare the desserts to go, but will also arrange to have them delivered to your room, if you wish. That way, you do not have to return to your room to drop off the desserts.

Our last 2 cuises were on the Oasis and the Allure. Found out that Johnny Rockets does the best breakfast. Also the first few days no one really knows they do it so there is never anyone there and you can sit on the boardwalk and eat in peace and its FREE! It is also great to look out the back of the ship have breakfast while going into ports.

What time do they open?? Sounds wonderful!

Our last 2 cuises were on the Oasis and the Allure. Found out that Johnny Rockets does the best breakfast. Also the first few days no one really knows they do it so there is never anyone there and you can sit on the boardwalk and eat in peace and its FREE! It is also great to look out the back of the ship have breakfast while going into ports.

I thought there was a charge for Johnny Rockets.

What kind of breakfast is it? Buffet or plated/served style? Had no clue they did this, very cool. Is it all JR's on all class of RCI ships, or just the Oasis class/larger ships?

On Oasis I ordered bacon and eggs in Johnny Rockets! We were served. I do not know about other ships. Sorry! :D

On the Navigator don't miss "peek-a-boo bridge" where you can go watch what the captain is doing. Look for the sliding door to nowhere in the Solarium. We were on the Nav a few weeks ago. We had a lovely time!

Where is the bridge and where/what is the sliding door?? Leaving soon. :D

1. at the boring shopping shows they sometimes sell a small binder for $30 with $30 off a spa treatment AND a sticker for buy one, get one free DOD for the entire cruise. as many as u want. Unlimited. never ending.

oh and you can order a very nice cheese tray from the MDR to go. good for late night snack after DOD special above.

oh and you can order a very nice cheese tray from the MDR to go. good for late night snack after DOD special above.

is this on ANY ship or just certain ones? We will be on Monarch in a few weeks and that would be an awesome late night snack!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is this on ANY ship or just certain ones? We will be on Monarch in a few weeks and that would be an awesome late night snack!!!

all that I have been on. We would get it when we knew we were going to be out dancing or gambling all night. it really is! In fact, i think it is on the dessert menu.

1. at the boring shopping shows they sometimes sell a small binder for $30 with $30 off a spa treatment AND a sticker for buy one, get one free DOD for the entire cruise. as many as u want. Unlimited. never ending.

I have heard about the buy one - get one on the DOD... but have also heard it is just a myth :confused:

Does anyone know for sure? And is that on the Adventure?

Thanks!

I have heard about the buy one - get one on the DOD... but have also heard it is just a myth :confused:

Thanks!

I bought this on Liberty in May 2010. It was $25 and included two-for-ones on the drink of the day, spa discounts, jewelry discounts, a discount on floating beach mats at Labadee, and plenty more. It was totally worth it--I got my money's worth in drinks on the first day I used it. However, I think this was a very temporary promotion, as I have only heard of it on a few other cruises and have no seen it since.

Thanks!

it was true for me on enchantment and explorer. we saved about $300 on b oth ruises for this. it was also true for my friends who went on enchantment on 3 other times. its worth going to the shopping show just to find out.

Edited by Cru1s1ng2009

it was true for me on enchantment and explorer. we saved about $300 on b oth ruises for this. it was also true for my friends who went on enchantment on 3 other times. its worth going to the shopping show just to find out.

It was at the port shopping show on day one? I want to make sure I don't miss this in the future.

It was at the port shopping show on day one? I want to make sure I don't miss this in the future.

Yes, the show that no one wants to go to. it is brutal, trust me but I guess they need some incentive to go to it. why they dont advertise it more I have no idea.

It is so brutal that the DOD special is still considered a myth on these boards, lol. I guess it isnt on every cruise or every ship but I only learned about from a friend who sat thru the show and have enjoyed it a few times. I am worried that they may have stopped since the new year but ill let you know in 59 days.

The Johnny Rockets Breakfast is Free and usually pretty good. Everything it cooked to order.

DSCN4584-1.jpg

I had "The Works" which was excellent but I had to send back my crisp bacon because it was nowhere near crisp. English Muffins with cream cheese and grape jelly are one of my favorites.

DSCN4586-1.jpg