Absolutely Incredible!

T_Bone2012

I loved having a week without having to worry about home, children, animals, what to make for supper.........

I loved being spoiled by our room steward, no cleaning, no picking up laundry, no replacing towels.........

I loved exploring Alaska with my husband

I loved the icecream machine ( way too much ) ;)

I loved looking out our cabin window as we were pulling into the ports

I loved watching the CD and the chief make Black Forrest Cake

I loved the Quest

I loved booking our next cruise

I absolutely loved the fact that even though we started cruising LATE in life, my Husband and I are fortunate to be able to cruise

I love everything about sharing time with my DH on such beautiful ships to such fascinating places

I am extremely grateful for all the wonderful crew members who give up so much of their time away from their famalies to make us feel so pampered!

I am so blessed to have found Cruise Critic, I have learned so much from this wonderful site!

Not easy to bring it down to 3 when I could probably come up with at least 30!:

1) Leaving behind the cold and snow in Canada and feeling the sun get hotter as we cruised south to spend a few days on beautiful sandy beaches in the Caribbean.

2) The Schooner Bar with it's lovely views and wonderful staff (and ALL the friendly and hard-working crew on board).

3) Experiencing a 12-night cruise for the first time. We loved it so much, we booked the Enchantment again.

Since my last cruise was Montreal to New York on the Crystal Symphony and I'm here on the RCI forum, I'll add a special 4th.

1. The incredible service

2. The echoes of the air horns off the cliffs at Trinity Bay on the Saguenay Fjord.

3. Sailing past Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty and up past the Manhattan skyline.

---- AND ---

4. Stopping with the Jewel at Bar Harbor and Boston, giving me my first glimpse of my next ship.

Roy

I loved the feeling of adventure and seeing something new and unexpected around every corner..

I loved feeling completely disconnected with the world, having no worries, leaving all of that behind just over the horizon.

I loved the ship and the entire 7 days!

I have absolutely no negative feedback from that vacation.

• We love the opportunity to just sit and relax:)
  • I like the fact that dining is included in the price of a cruise, when we are on land vacations, I am constantly clipping a coupon or looking for a deal;)
  • We enjoy the opportunity to visit islands/countries that we might not otherwise ever see:D

I am taking a cruise next month, and just have been looking on-line for advice, excursion info, etc. So many of these posts are dwelling on the negative aspects of cruising! I was going to have my wife and parents read a few of the posts, but I'm afraid they would never go on the cruise if they read some of these posts! Lets forget about a steak that was a little tough, and the noisy neighbors on the balcony next to you, and ignore the rough seas!

Lets find out the three things that you absolutely loved about your last cruise.

I loved the sight of the dolphins chasing and jumping next to our ship on Christmas day

I Loved the bright colors and cheery natives in Curacao

I loved the food selection on Celebrity

We will be cruising with you and thank you for this positive post.

I can think of many things I love.

I love being at sea.

I love the beautiful ships.

I love meeting so many great people.

Jan

I loved the evening reception for Diamond (and above members) and the bartender who made the BEST Cosmo EVER!

I loved Giovanni's for dinner. Absolutely OUTSTANDING!

I loved that we got off the ship for a grand total of about 90 minutes and felt like we had the longest cruise ever since we decided to experience the ship (Oasis), not the ports!

THERE ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE ON CRUISES:

I absolutely love the fact that our (upwind) neighbors did NOT smoke cigars on the balcony on our December 11th (B2B) cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. We met this nice couple while chatting at muster and found out that they were our neighbors when we both returned to our cabins. We asked them if they smoked and the wife replied that she didn't and the husband replied that he smoked cigars. These wonderful people NEVER smoked cigars on their balcony. I will always consider them the most kind and considerate neighbors of any of our cruises. Although we bumped into them several times as they exited venues, I regret that we never had the opportunity to sit with them and enjoy their company.

On the December 4th portion of the cruise (we were again in cabin 8242) our neighbors smoked, smoked, smoked, and smoked cigarettes. Yes, they had the right to do so but it was a damper on the use of our balcony. We were never able to eat breakfast on the balcony because of them...we ate in the cabin three mornings and then gave up. When dressing for dinner we even had to keep the sheers AND curtains closed because the wind pushed their smoke through the joints in the balcony door. Even then our cabin would begin to stink. (This is the first ship that the balcony door leaked so much air). We were thrilled when we found out that they had to change cabins for the second half of the B2B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED waking before daylight and watching the moon set and sunrise over the ocean every morning (I am usually not up before 11 when DH is home)

I LOVED having options of where and how to eat, dress and go to the dining room or stay in cabin

I LOVED meeting and talking with new people from different places and walks of life

MOSTLY I LOVED watching my children's eyes light up and smiles on their faces every morning when they woke to begin each day of our cruise.

I LOVE everything about cruising from doing everything to doing nothing at all. This is truly one vacation that is what YOU make it and there is something for everyone of all ages.

1) People - DH, CC people we met on Roll Call and got to meet for real, and the staff!

2) Malaga and Cadiz!

3) All the relaxing sea days on the TA.

4) The full moon reflecting on the water.

Lots more, but I'm already over the limit. :)

Archived