Happy New Year on the High Seas!

Okay....this is my first New Years Holiday on the ocean! I have been on cruises for Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas each time having a great time!! Can anyone tell me what to expect on New Years? Balloon Drops, Promenade Party, Champagne Toasts, Deck Parties? I'm on the Allure for New Years and we are really looking forward to it!!

Okay....this is my first New Years Holiday on the ocean! I have been on cruises for Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas each time having a great time!! Can anyone tell me what to expect on New Years? Balloon Drops, Promenade Party, Champagne Toasts, Deck Parties? I'm on the Allure for New Years and we are really looking forward to it!!

I think that you can expect all of the above. From what I have read RCI really does New Year's Eve up well. We have celebrated Halloween on Jewel of the Seas and it is always a spectacular and fun event. New Year's should be even better. We will be on Navigator of the Seas for our first NYE cruise and are looking forward to it with equal enthusiasm. :)

I'm reading this in case I want to do the same some day. Do you know where the ship will be at that moment? I know for getting off and on the ship it stays in East (Port Everglades ) time. I would guess they consider the big moment the same way?

I can't say for RCI specifically; but we did NYE on the Crown Princess last year and it was spectacular! It was a formal night and everyone was dressed to the nines, champagne flowed freely starting before dinner, there were parties all over the ship including a balloon drop in the Piazza/Atrium and a big Times Square type party on the pool deck with the big screen showing Dick Clark's party in Times Square. They handed out streamers to everyone and the top of the pool deck was strung with wire... so at midnight, everyone threw their streamers in the air and they catch onto the wire for an amazingly cool effect of streamers everywhere! The DJ, the band, the bartenders were all so fantastic it was a night we'll never forget! This is the best way to celebrate NYE!!

We will also be on the Navigator for NYE and can't wait!! Enjoy your celebration on the Allure!

I'm reading this in case I want to do the same some day. Do you know where the ship will be at that moment? I know for getting off and on the ship it stays in East (Port Everglades ) time. I would guess they consider the big moment the same way?

I want to do this as well but can someone from Columbus and Pictown do the same cruise :eek::eek::D

I am trying to talk my wife into one maybe 2013 maybe 14 maybe 15 , well maybe someday;) Dont know if I could swing the Allure that sounds expensive .Of course the Poseidon may always come to mind as midnight strikes:eek::p

Really looking forward to being on the Freedom for new year. It's the first time of being out the UK to celebrate it! We will be calling back home at 7pm local time to speak to family back home seeing the new year in. So it's going to be a long day as it will be 5am GMT when we are celebrating it on the ship.

I want to do this as well but can someone from Columbus and Pictown do the same cruise

I am trying to talk my wife into one maybe 2013 maybe 14 maybe 15 , well maybe someday;) Dont know if I could swing the Allure that sounds expensive .Of course the Poseidon may always come to mind as midnight strikes

Your humor wasn't lost on me. The original is available for streaming on Netflix. If you see a guy sitting in his Mustang with his android phone plugged into the car's audio system while streaming Poseidon Adventure to his phone sitting on his dash in a mall parking lot, while his wife shops, stop and say hello ;)

We were on Radiance last NYE, on Jewel this NYE, and already have Freedom booked for next NYE. When you consider the price difference between doing a NYE cruise and an AI land-based NYE party in a resort hotel, it's almost a breakeven - and it lasts several days longer:)

As for parties - anywhere on the ship, if you could stand on it, there was a party on it:)

I will have to say this is the first thread I ever remember on this subject. :) My Wife and I have kicked around the idea of a NYE cruise , I have never really heard any stories as to what goes on, kind of guessed , but it sounds better than imagined.

Archived