HAL and CCL Shareholder Credit

LDVinNC

About two weeks ago I sent proof to both HAL and Cunard for upcoming trips. I had confirmation from Cunard within 3 days. I called HAL after about 5 days and was told the request was not received. I sent it again 7 days ago and still heard nothing. I just called and was told that yes, it had been received, but it would be next week before it was credited. I was surprised it takes so long, but was told that they got 30-50 of these requests every day and it takes a while to get them applied.

It would be nice if one was told the documentation was received and then hear back when OBC was applied. I asked to be emailed and was informed all was well one time. For my upcoming cruise, I didn't receive any notice so had my TA inquire. All was well. With email, shouldn't be such a hassle, eh?

About 6 months ago I applied for a shareholder credit and got an email response back in a couple of days (I requested an email response). Last month I did the same thing on another cruise and never heard anything back from HAL, but did get the credit in about a week.

DaveOKC

I applied for my shareholder credit in the beginning of Dec. After 10 days I asked my TA if she had seen anything. She hadn't. I sent it in again...still nothing. She phoned and they have rec'd it but told her they are working on Dec. cruises right now. Really? Dec. is pretty much over. According to them they are behind. That's an understatement. They used to be fast but not anymore.

I faxed my documents initially & heard nothing. My TA checked & said NO OBC yet.

I then emailed again & asked for email reponse when posted. I got an email after about a week from Jaime @ HAL.:D

Been spoiled by Princess in the past!

Lefty

I have done many HAL cruises, I have always had my credit applied within three days, until this trip. I started applying on 11/23 and no credit appeared. So I sent it again on 12/1, no credit appeared. My third attempt on 12/8 was applied AND I got an email from HAL telling me it was done. Which I had never had before. So I think they had a staffing or seasonal glitch in their customary service. I have not had a delay before, so I think this was an exception, not the rule. Just my experience.

Mary

I faxed my documents initially & heard nothing. My TA checked & said NO OBC yet.

I then emailed again & asked for email reponse when posted. I got an email after about a week from Jaime @ HAL.:D

Been spoiled by Princess in the past!

Lefty

Hi and Merry Christmas

Can you give me the email that you used please. I faxed mine on Dec 5th, my TA called them on Dec 12th and they said they received it but did not credit it yet. To date I have heard nothing further,

Thanks

Pat

Hi and Merry Christmas

Can you give me the email that you used please. I faxed mine on Dec 5th, my TA called them on Dec 12th and they said they received it but did not credit it yet. To date I have heard nothing further,

Thanks

Pat

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

There's a link on that site to a PDF doc that lists the contact info for the shareholder benefit for each ship line under the CCL umbrella. I don't know if that will be helpful to you or not, but might be worth a look.

We purchased our shares last month. On Dec 7 we made our final payment for our upcoming March cruise. Our TA was given our paperwork for the stock and sent it in to Hal. We received confirmation this week by mail from out TA showing the extra OBC. I was pleased with the timely response.

I haven't sent in the request yet... maybe you can advise. This is my first time doing this.

I had planned to print out our electronic statement, black out our account number and then fax it to them. Should I fax it to the TA also? Is there any other information I should black out?

I probably won't do any of this until after the first of January figuring that many folks may not be in thier offices and it could get overlooked easily. But Jan 23 will be 60 days passed booking.. if that matters? I had read on these boards that someone was told by HAL that the credit had to be requested within 60 of booking. I assume that if I send it within that timeframe that it will be acceptable even if they don't get around to crediting the account for a few weeks. We sail March 23. Thanks, m--

About two weeks ago I sent proof to both HAL and Cunard for upcoming trips. I had confirmation from Cunard within 3 days. I called HAL after about 5 days and was told the request was not received. I sent it again 7 days ago and still heard nothing. I just called and was told that yes, it had been received, but it would be next week before it was credited. I was surprised it takes so long, but was told that they got 30-50 of these requests every day and it takes a while to get them applied.

Cunard has a MUCH smaller fleet than HAL. That could most certainly be part of it

I haven't sent in the request yet... maybe you can advise. This is my first time doing this.

I had planned to print out our electronic statement, black out our account number and then fax it to them. Should I fax it to the TA also? Is there any other information I should black out?

I probably won't do any of this until after the first of January figuring that many folks may not be in thier offices and it could get overlooked easily. But Jan 23 will be 60 days passed booking.. if that matters? I had read on these boards that someone was told by HAL that the credit had to be requested within 60 of booking. I assume that if I send it within that timeframe that it will be acceptable even if they don't get around to crediting the account for a few weeks. We sail March 23. Thanks, m--

You should be fine. I've never heard of the 60 day rule and I booked my Feb. cruise more than 60 days ago. I haven't had much luck getting them to accept it before final payment although I can't get HAL to confirm that either.

We were the folks told my HAL about having to submit the Shareholder OBC within 60 days of booking. Well, I think the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in the dept that handles this.

We emailed our request along with our brokerage statement on 12/12 requesting an email confirming receipt. On 12/19 had not heard anything so I called...was told, not very nicely I must say, that they had not received the request and would not send an email as they get too many requests and they could not do this. We tried faxing the request but the fax didn't seem to work so DH called back and got a wonderful lady who said yes they did have the original request we sent on 12/12 and that she would be happy to send us an email confirming our OBC, which we received a little while later. She also said that what we told about having to submit within 60 days of booking was not correct. Sound like they had some people working here who weren't giving out correct information.

This was our first experience with requesting the Shareholder credit with HAL. Our experiences with Princess went a lot more smoothly.

Thank you Hobo. I guess I"ll try it and we'll see how it goes. Unfortunately I'm working with a TA that I have never worked with before so not sure about their communications either... but from what I've read here it seems that persistence pays off. I appreciate your sharing your experience to help us at least understand the variety of results that we may have.

Have a great cruise! m--

Archived