lost/stolen camera on Maasdam - request for pictures

cruizn2escape

On Embarkation,(12/12/11) we went to the MDR for lunch - since we are mariners that was an option. We had our carry ons with us since the cabins weren't ready. I put my carry on, purse and camera in a case on the floor, when we left, I forgot to pick up the camera.

Returned about 10 minutes later and it was gone...wait staff said they did not have it and to check at the Front Office - which I did several times throughout the cruise - no one turned it in.

So...for the first several days I have no pictures (I bought a camera in St. Kitts) If anyone would be so kind as to share their pictures with me, I would be grateful - particularily of the rainbow when we had the safety drill and up until we got to St. Kitts.

Please respond here or by email...maremc@hotmail.com with a subject Maasdam photos.

Many thanks in advance.

On Embarkation,(12/12/11) we went to the MDR for lunch - since we are mariners that was an option. We had our carry ons with us since the cabins weren't ready. I put my carry on, purse and camera in a case on the floor, when we left, I forgot to pick up the camera.

Returned about 10 minutes later and it was gone...wait staff said they did not have it and to check at the Front Office - which I did several times throughout the cruise - no one turned it in.

So...for the first several days I have no pictures (I bought a camera in St. Kitts) If anyone would be so kind as to share their pictures with me, I would be grateful - particularily of the rainbow when we had the safety drill and up until we got to St. Kitts.

Please respond here or by email...maremc@hotmail.com with a subject Maasdam photos.

Many thanks in advance.

So, all the staterooms are not necessarily ready at 1130 upon the commencement of embarkation with "Staterooms Direct"! :( I'm sorry that your camera was stolen! :( I don't own a camera so it is one less (valuable) item for me to avoid getting damaged, lost (or stolen) while travelling! ;)

So, all the staterooms are not necessarily ready at 1130 upon the commencement of embarkation with "Staterooms Direct"! :( I'm sorry that your camera was stolen! :( I don't own a camera so it is one less (valuable) item for me to avoid getting damaged, lost (or stolen) while travelling! ;)

When we got on the Noordam - the staterooms were not ready until about 12:30.

Many thanks in advance.

So sorry that someone obviously found your camera and wasn't honest enough to turn it into the front office.

I hope you get some pictures from someone.

Did you also ask this question on your Roll Call?

So sorry that someone obviously found your camera and wasn't honest enough to turn it into the front office.

I hope you get some pictures from someone.

Did you also ask this question on your Roll Call?

You can also post on facebook (for non CC members) as that might help too. I hope you find someone to send you pictures. So sorry to hear that.

I once had a camera stolen on Zuiderdam, many years ago, and it was an awful feeling. In my case, I didn't care as much about the camera as the photos that were in it. It was a neat camera and I had a name and address/telephone sticker on it so an honest person would have had no problem returning it to me. Obviously, this was a 'dishonest thief. ;)

I hope someone shares some photos with you.

A "dishonest thief". Now there's an oxymoron.

Several weeks ago we took our grandsons swimming at a local hotel and when we were ready to leave, one couldn't find his sneakers and the other had no hoodie which was all he had as a shirt. It was Thanksgiving weekend and there were lots of adults and grandparents there. Someone took them up to their room by mistake. After we left( with me wondering how I could tell his mother we lost his sneakers) we got a call in the car that someone returned them to the front desk. That was an honest thief.

:confused: I think there is only one Facebook.

I'm just not sure if they are referring to HAL at Facebook?

I'd guess the poster meant the HAL Facebook page.

To the OP, so sorry that happened to you...I hope that you get lots of photos from other posters. Often times, people post their cruise photos on here. So cross your fingers. I would also contact Lost and Found in Seattle...can't hurt.

It's so disheartening that this happened to you on board. I hope you get a good response for photos - you certainly came to a good place to ask!

I'd think that they have security cameras everywhere and would have tracked down this thievery. What a poor way to start a cruise and good lesson for all of us not to let our guard down too far when we feel like we've entered a little bit of Paraside on board. Sounds like you recovered and it didn't ruin your cruise, good for you. m--

I meant Holland Americas page on Facebook. If you know someone that has Facebook they could post a message on it for you. Sometimes people post pictures too and you might see one or two from your cruise and you could sent the poster a quick message to ask if they have more.

Sorry for the confusion. Good luck with your pictures.

iThat is too bad about your camera. I left my camera on a seat in the LIdo buffet on a Celebrity ship this past Thanksgiviing. One of the waiters picked it up, looked at the pictures, recognized my son and then found him and returned the camera to him. We got his name and made sure to write what he did on the comment card at the end of the cruise. He would not even accept a tip from us. I hope he got recognized for his honesty.

Archived