Todays special deal

ROYALBOY

Yesterday and today's incentives have been great. RCI has not had to lower the price and is offering a value-added incentive for both past and new cruisers to give certain sailings a try.

This thrills me to see prices headed higher and cruisers are offered an incentive to sail! Way to go Royal!!!

Yesterday and today's incentives have been great. RCI has not had to lower the price and is offering a value-added incentive for both past and new cruisers to give certain sailings a try.

This thrills me to see prices headed higher and cruisers are offered an incentive to sail! Way to go Royal!!!

Gina....I think I found a post that should change your mood and get you back laughing again.

well,no sense looking myself......sounds like today's "deal" is no bargain..:rolleyes:

Awww come on. Don't you want $100 OBC for a one week+ high priced cruise to bermuda? Who wants a balcony C&A discount with it. Surely not us! Throw out those next cruise bookings you made on board and go for this great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awww come on. Don't you want $100 OBC for a one week+ high priced cruise to bermuda? Who wants a balcony C&A discount with it. Surely not us! Throw out those next cruise bookings you made on board and go for this great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is tempting:rolleyes: Lemme sleep on it........BUT wait......I hope the price goes higher..;)

Funny, I have signed up repeatedly to get email offers from RCI and have never gotten one:( I am actually asking a company to send me mailings and they can't get it right:eek:

Anyhow...is it possible they are already sold out? Sometimes companies offer just a few cabins and once they are gone, so is the offer.

I also doubt they are sold out. I checked them 15 minutes past 12 last night and nothing was available :confused:

A certain TA on this thread is not bashful about letting everyone know what he is loyal to..... his commissions.;)

Nope. My dividends. My commissions do not necessarily increase with price increases. Of course my salary is not dependent on commissions at all.

I know a higher price brings a different type of passenger and for that I am grateful!

I am just amazed at people who think they should be able to combine discounts. This would be like trying to use multiple coupons for the same item. I am so glad RCI fixed the issue!

Nope. My dividends. My commissions do not necessarily increase with price increases. Of course my salary is not dependent on commissions at all.

I know a higher price brings a different type of passenger and for that I am grateful!

I am just amazed at people who think they should be able to combine discounts. This would be like trying to use multiple coupons for the same item. I am so glad RCI fixed the issue!

I that is your concern you'd be far better off selling your shares of RCI. There are plenty of stocks out there paying far more than $0.10 a share.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/featuredCruises/selectLandingPromo.do?promoCode=130977

PLUS it has all the typical fine print......not combinable with C&A discounts,shareholder,a NC,etc..

*Onboard credit offer is applicable to new individual bookings only; not applicable to groups. Bookings must be made on December 26, 2011 between 12:00am ET and 11:59pm ET. Offer is valid on Jewel of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas sailings departing between January 1, 2012 and April 30, 2012. Onboard credit offer is based on category paid; $25 per stateroom onboard credit for inside and outside staterooms and $50 per stateroom onboard credit for balcony and suite staterooms. One offer per stateroom. Onboard credit will be applied to reservation prior to departure date. No redemption required. Onboard credit has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (Seniors, Residents, Military). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Offer is only available to residents of the United States and Canada. Onboard credit is in US dollars. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare qualify for onboard credit. Itineraries and prices are subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Certain restrictions may apply.

Yeah, I booked that cruise just a couple of weeks ago. Figures. No $50 onboard credit for me. :(

Guess I will just have to have more wine at the Diamond Event to make up for it. ;)

Well, today's "special sale" is a real treat for C&A members. Its $100.00 OBC for any 2012 southern Caribbean sailing in a balcony or suite. Of course, it is not combinable with a balcony or suite C&A discount.

Way to go RCI.

Yup, and I just booked a South Carib cruise out of San Juan also.

Using next cruise certificate, I already get the 100 on board credit.

I am guessing they won't let me combine for 200 bucks. ;) ;)

Yet another "great deal" that is not so great. :eek: :(

A little off topic here...but what does that have to do with special deals?

As far as combinable deals, life would be much easier if I didn't need a GPS to navigate through all the deals that are out there to figure out which one is better. I like the KISS principle when it comes to marketing.

When they started telling us about this great week of sales and deals coming up, they should have specifically mentioned that it is for new cruisers only. Why did they email their C&A members with this prior to the event and why are they sending us daily "savings" promotions. Even first time cruisers who are shareholders can do better. They can get their OBC on every cruise on any day.

I guess if you forgot to book a next cruise while on board, aren't a shareholder, and only book rooms with no balconies, these "savings" might be for you. For the rest of us....it seems like scrooge showed up after Christmas.

I was hoping for a deal you can't refuse type of offer.

Gina

Yay for RCI for enticing more first time cruisers with offers they would not have available! Good for them. I hope they keep it up!

Exactly....first time cruisers....So WHY did they waste time, as previously mentioned, e-mailing C&A members (who obviously are NOT first time cruisers) about this great offer that was forthcoming? Most of us cannot benefit from these offers. (they are "offers" and not sales....there is no price reduction). It is okay for first-timers, but a waste of time for most of us. Gee, should I take $100 OBC and nothing else, or should I use a NCC, get the $100, and take my $250 balcony discount.....hmmm, tough decision.

Todays offer is the biggest joke yet:

Enjoy $100 onboard credit when you book a balcony or suite stateroom any 2012 Europe or Transatlantic cruise.

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

Enjoy $100 onboard credit when you book a balcony or suite stateroom any 2012 Europe or Transatlantic cruise.

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

UP TO 16 nights?

For the 12 night Europe cruise I booked on board, I get $350 off a balcony AND $150 OBC.

And they still call today's offer a "savings". I'm still wondering why they marketed this stuff to us.

Gina

I wonder if the person that thought this ad campaign up still has a job with RCI.:p

Archived