Some questions RE The Century

teigenes

We are crusising on the Century from Auckland to Perth departing on Jan 30th 2012. This will be the first time we have used Celebrity Cruise line other cruises were on P&O, HAL and the late Orient Line. I have some questions and would appreciate any replies. We have an oceanview cabin on Deck 4.

1. Are there robes supplied?

2. Is there a pull out clothes line in the bathroom?

3. What sort of shampoo is supplied or does one take their own?

4. Is there a hair dryer?

5. is there a deck where on can do a walk everyday?. Recently been on the Volendam which had a great deck that one could do a daily walk around the ship.

6. Which bar would you suggest for a quiet drink before dinner. Not into loud music at that time of the day.

Thank you

Yvonne

We are crusising on the Century from Auckland to Perth departing on Jan 30th 2012. This will be the first time we have used Celebrity Cruise line other cruises were on P&O, HAL and the late Orient Line. I have some questions and would appreciate any replies. We have an oceanview cabin on Deck 4.

5. is there a deck where on can do a walk everyday?. Recently been on the Volendam which had a great deck that one could do a daily walk around the ship.

6. Which bar would you suggest for a quiet drink before dinner. Not into loud music at that time of the day.

Thank you

Yvonne

I'll give it a shot. The Century is a wonderful ship, btw.

1. Yes, there are robes.

2. I think there's a clothesline. There used to be. Why would they remove it?

3. The shampoo and conditioner are nice. Can't remember which ones you will receive but I found they were just fine. No need to bring your own.

4. Yes there's a hair dryer. It's a big tube blower, however, and some people prefer to bring their own.

5. There are three areas to walk outside on the uppermost deck, the sports deck! Nice walking and running areas, separate by designation, and the area above the pool, which also works although there are chairs and people on either side of the walkway.

6. Michael's Club, next to the martini bar, is a quiet haven before dinner and there may be other quiet venues as well on any given evening.

Have a wonderful trip. I am on her in March!

Fern

The DH and I were on 18 night cruise last November from Honolulu to Sydney. It was our first time on Century, but we were on her sister ship Mercury three times.

We have never stayed in an ocean view, but I think I can answer some of your questions.

Robes are in Concierge and Suites, but I don't know about ocean view rooms.

There is a clothes line in the bathroom.

There will be at least shampoo, hair conditioner, shower gel and bar soap.

There will be a hair dryer.

The hubby and I enjoy quiet music with a drink before dinner. We loved the Cova Cafe. The music changes through the evening, but the Celebrity Today will have a music menu. We have seen Richard Rubin on another Celebrity ship where he was one of the entertainers in the Cova. On the Century he was in Michael's Club, and it was so packed on our cruise that we never were able to get in to listen. He is another alternative to really loud music.

I have never been on the Volendam, but so can't compare.

1. Yes

2. Yes - big enough for small amount of underwear.

3. Yes - Shampoo, conditioner & moisture lotion provided everyday - Lemongrass in small containers.

4. Yes - Not that strong if you have long hair.

5. Yes - Sports deck (quite small) but I dont think you can walk right around the ship.

6. Martini Bar (not sure about the music but must have been unobtrusive) or Cova Cafe where they have quiet pre-dinner live music most nights. There is also the rendezvous lounge where there will be live music but not loud.

It may be an idea to go to the roll call for your cruise as you will find out information that could be helpful as well.

Thank you

Yvonne

1. Robes for Inside/Standard Oceanview and Standard Balcony cabins are thin waffle weave, Concierge Balcony and above get plush terry-cloth robes . Both are of the "one-size fits all" variety, which is really a misnomer as larger persons will find them inadequate. Robes are re-used from cruise to cruise and are removed the last day to be laundered.

2. Clothes line is located in the shower and is retractable.

3. Bath Products - Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel, BAr Soap and Body Lotion are provided. They are "Elemis Aqua Spa" branded and have a nice lemongrass scent. I found the quality quite decent and cabin stewards replenish them generously. Should you ever require more than they supply just ask.

4. Hair Drier is wall mounted tube style mounted on bathroom wall. Not overly powerful, hand unit gets hot to touch quickly and can be a nuisance for women with long hair who need to style while they dry. Best bet is to bring your own. There are both 220v and 110v outlets by the desk.

5. As others have mentioned there are several areas for walking topside that provide nice views, and a dedicated jogging track.

6. Concur with Michaels or Cova. Cova had a mix of pianist, guitarist, string quartet or Acapella vocal group depending on time of evening, and is great for people watching. Michaels club was not overly utilized on my Hawaii Cruise, except for Richard Rubin on the piano later in the evenings, which was usually standing room only.

The Century is a lovely ship, with gracious service from a very hospitable staff. Many staff who work on Century prefer the smaller ship and have chosen to stay with her rather than go to the newer Solstice class. I saw many staff members on my 2011 Hawaii cruise that I knew from my 2010 Alaska cruise on Mercury. They were a happy bunch and take great pride in serving on such a charming vessel.

When last in the Martini Bar..music was loud techno crap. !!:mad: Bar Tenders tipped to turn it down. Worked until the Hotel Manager came by and even though we plied him with drinks (Not true but we tried) sound remained same.

Actually, last November our Century sky suite did not have the "tube" style wall mounted hair blower. I was expecting to find one since we were on Mercury three times, always in a sky suite, and always had the "tube" style. Our Century stateroom had a wall mounted hair blower, but it was more of a "conair" style. It was the type found in American hotels. I have medium length hair and it worked very well. I have no idea if the original "tube" style hair blowers have been in replaced in all staterooms, or, for some reason, was in replaced in ours.

Anyone know if Century will be doing the West Coast/Hawaii cruises in the fall of 2013? Thanks :)

We should see Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring 2013-2014 itineraries available for booking sometime in March/April. I'm waiting to see as well - I'd like to get on Century one more time before she leaves the fleet :D

Archived