A decent cruise line with two teenagers

isdoo

Hello,

Have sailed with Royal Caribbean several times, but are looking for other options for this summer. Considering Celebrity, but there must be others.

Looking for a cruiseline that will keep our two teenagers (both below 18) amused and at the same time give us the relaxation of doing not a lot.

We are just as happy to be sitting on a balcony for 7-14 days and not a lot else. We are not fussed as to whether we do a port itinerary or long cruises, having done a TA. We tend not to get off the ship in ports either.

We will have to go in July probably and probably in Europe, otherwise we have to add another £4000+ to the costs for airfare to the USA, and would rather spend thet £4000 on the main part of the holiday.

We are used to suites on RCI and get a benefit from the lounge, but are happy with any decent balcony offering.

Any suggestions?

I would think RCI or Carnival would suit just fine....lots to do on the ship. Older teens don't tend to frequent the "clubs"....(they're waaaay too "cool" for organized activities!), and will hang out at the pool, sports deck, arcade, etc...with other kids their age.

Carnival's cabins are larger than RCI's will be for standard balconies.

My daughter was 13 on our last cruise (her fourth on Princess, her seventh altogether) on the Golden Princess to Hawaii. She met some girls her age on the first night in the Remix club area and they would hang out for the next two weeks. Mainly the pool to watch movies on the big screen outside, the various shows, playing computer games in the teen rooms. Some other teens seem to like the adult activities (lei making classes, hula classes, uke classes, trivia as well as teen activities). No rock climbing walls nor skating rinks like on RC ships, but she would be bored with those after a short time.

One nice thing about Princess is that you can basically eat anytime -- a big thing with teens.

NCL's suites are known to blow other lines away, and you get quite a bang for your buck. My oldest was 14 on our last cruise, showed up at the club the first night, and travelled in a pack of teens for the rest of the cruise.

Thanks - read a topic on the NCL forum, which indicated that it was a dreadful line and others would choose say RCI, Princess etc., above them.

Thanks - read a topic on the NCL forum, which indicated that it was a dreadful line and others would choose say RCI, Princess etc., above them.
I only travel in suites and can say that the courtyard suites are overpriced dedications to a lack of taste and this is the impression I get just from the brochure :eek:

MSC Yacht club in my opinion offers a much better experience.......free drinks in YC areas, private direct access to the spa, private dining room, butlers, etc etc etc.for the kids on the fantasia class vessels (which are the Splendida, fantasia and devina) there are 3d cinemas, arcade, lots of action (albeit in several languages) so I doubt your kids will be entertained non stop.

Hello,

Have sailed with Royal Caribbean several times, but are looking for other options for this summer. Considering Celebrity, but there must be others.

We will have to go in July probably and probably in Europe, otherwise we have to add another £4000+ to the costs for airfare to the USA, and would rather spend thet £4000 on the main part of the holiday.

We are used to suites on RCI and get a benefit from the lounge, but are happy with any decent balcony offering.

Any suggestions?

Our families are the same size and almost the same age. We have booked connecting cabins - mostly balconies - on RCCI for years. We like this option quite a bit for the space, privacy, and 2 baths.

To be honest I don't think you can do better than the med in summer. We have done 3 med cruises with the family and never been disappointed by the weather.

Let us know what you come up with. I have been thinking about trying Celebrity as well.

You got all of that from one thread? I've sailed them twice, and actually prefer NCL over DCL, but whatever. I found nothing close to dreadful, and my kids LOVED their cruises (ages 8, 10, 12, and 14). When we sailed DCL, my oldest at the time (9 and 11) hated the kids clubs.

Hello,

Looking for a cruiseline that will keep our two teenagers (both below 18) amused and at the same time give us the relaxation of doing not a lot.

We are just as happy to be sitting on a balcony for 7-14 days and not a lot else. We are not fussed as to whether we do a port itinerary or long cruises, having done a TA. We tend not to get off the ship in ports either.

Any suggestions?

What about Carnival? I can't compare with any other cruise lines, because all we've been on is Carnival. But my DD's love going to the clubs to meet new friends that they usually hang out with the whole cruise. Keeps them occupied, keeps us relaxing by the pool. They also love the food, and they can be picky eaters. I've heard that Celebrity is more adults than kids, but I don't know if that statement is true or not. Keep us updated to let us know what you pick!

My teen Son, 16.. loves the NCL teen club.

saw him in the morning for breakfast, then at 115-130 am....everynight

the teen club and counselors keep them busy all day.

he could sign himself in and out as he pleased, but mostly they group together and have fun all day long

Archived