Vanilla in Cozumel

vawalkers

Yes we do!! We've been to Cozumel a few times. The very best that we have found is at the Carnival Puerta Maya Pier. The bottle reads....Los Cinco Soles Mexico. Natural Gourmet Vanilla. "For those that know the difference".

The label is yellow red and white. We've tried other vanilla from Mexico but this is by far the best. As you walk down the pier (after getting off of the ship) it is in the shop to the far left. At least it was 2 yrs ago. My wife is an awesome cook/baker and loves this brand. Same for me and our kids. We will be back in Cozumel this February and plan to buy a few bottles. Hope this helps.

I didn't buy any myself, but did see it everywhere. There was a kiosk behind the excursion 'meet up' signs that had several bottles. Cinco Del Sols would have it too, although I didn't make it into that store myself. Is this your first time in Coz?

Yes we do!! We've been to Cozumel a few times. The very best that we have found is at the Carnival Puerta Maya Pier. The bottle reads....Los Cinco Soles Mexico. Natural Gourmet Vanilla. "For those that know the difference".

The label is yellow red and white. We've tried other vanilla from Mexico but this is by far the best. As you walk down the pier (after getting off of the ship) it is in the shop to the far left.

I agree. This is where I buy my vanilla. I've tried several brands and stores, and this is the best. They offer it in several different sizes, including a pack of 4 little bottles, which is a great souvenir to take to friends. I have a friend who loves to bake, and I always buy a big bottle for her. At Los Cinco Sols, you know it's going to be fresh and not exposed to sun as in most other stores. As you walk from the ship, you will make a left turn going through the lines of shops, and just keep walking until you see Los Cinco Sol in front of you. It is the largest store in the pier "mall".

The label is yellow red and white. We've tried other vanilla from Mexico but this is by far the best. As you walk down the pier (after getting off of the ship) it is in the shop to the far left. At least it was 2 yrs ago. My wife is an awesome cook/baker and loves this brand. Same for me and our kids. We will be back in Cozumel this February and plan to buy a few bottles. Hope this helps.

There is a Dufry (duty free) store that you have to walk through now, it's actually on the pier. They have the Vanilla there and actually their liquor prices were really good as well. The store in Progreso was $2 cheaper per bottle on Vanilla btw.

Don't know but we get it and use it all the time. Been to Cozumel 12 times (number 13 coming up next month), and have bought it every time.

We have our last one about two years and more than half full. smells ok but wondering how long is too long.

We have our last one about two years and more than half full. smells ok but wondering how long is too long.

Take a look at your bottle. Mine has an expiration date on it. I only use expiration dates as a "guideline".

Archived