Eurodam Cabana closed alot or no?

califgary

I read a disturbing item on the board that I need to ask all the folks in the know a question. I read that someone was on Eurodam recently and they had a Retreat Cabana - it turns out that area was closed alot due to weather conditions (they were wondering about any refunds) - my question is.....Is this common to have that area closed?? We paid $749 for a family cabana on a 14 day cruise and if these things are closed frequently Im thinking about not doing it -

Any thoughts on this? As always all info appreciated!

I read a disturbing item on the board that I need to ask all the folks in the know a question. I read that someone was on Eurodam recently and they had a Retreat Cabana - it turns out that area was closed alot due to weather conditions (they were wondering about any refunds) - my question is.....Is this common to have that area closed?? We paid $749 for a family cabana on a 14 day cruise and if these things are closed frequently Im thinking about not doing it -

A thread from someone JUST off the Eurodam 2 days ago (review was posted just a couple hours ago and is being updated as she gets housework etc., done) and they had a Cabana that they used the entire cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1544711

I do remember old posts about the Retreat Cabanas being closed in rain and heavy winds, which would make sense.

Joanie

Funny you saw that report, but didn't see the thread from yesterday where we discussed this. My report was we were on N. Amsterdam for 14 days, and were able to use our cabana for all but about 1 hour one day, due to weather. We rode out several heavy rains. No problem.

agreed on the weather issue - just off Statendam last week and the wind factor (gale force) coming up from Cartegena to Florida made me concerned about the potential closures.

I would hate to waste the $750 is all. We had such a great time on Statendam we may just do that itinerary again (2 different ports than this past itinerary)...

thanks to all for the input!

I am going a little off topic here but I am curious how many sea days on you upcoming cruise? I am guessing four which means you are paying $187 per sea day for the cabana's, is that right? I would not think you would use them on a port day. Each to their own, not trying to offend or start something but I just don't see me doing that. There are too many other things I enjoy doing on sea days (certainly lounging in one for a part of the day would be nice :p) .

OK, I got curious and went to HAL and see that the price ranges from $30 to $75 per day (this is a 2008 press release so the price might be higher now). That sounds a little better if you can just reserve them for a couple sea days.

OK, I got curious and went to HAL and see that the price ranges from $30 to $75 per day (this is a 2008 press release so the price might be higher now). That sounds a little better if you can just reserve them for a couple sea days.

The price hasn't changed. We came up with about $35/day for a 14 day cruise.

We managed to spend an hour or two every port day, and never missed the champagne.

We were on the Eurodam 12/31 and there were a couple rain periods, didn't last long and we used our cabana. They were never closed on our cruise but we never had severe weather. Our guys would close the flaps looking out on the water so it didn't blow in but we were fine.

We also used it on port days when we would get back to the ship for at least an hour or two.

I could understand heavy winds and severe weather closing them down though.

Have fun on your cruise!icon7.gif

Archived