Freedom Help Please- First Hump with Sofa bed or Midship with Pullman Bed?

kruzerci

I have had 7594, an E1, booked for months now on Freedom, it is midship with a pull down bed for our daughter.

The first hump cabin, 7630 just became available, and it has a pull out bed instead of a pulldown bed.

I dont know which one to choose. We have had 7294, same cabin on opposite side, on Freedom and liked it, but it would be great to have a sofa bed rather than pull down. I just cant pull the trigger because it is the first hump cabin and there are so few E1's with a sofa bed.

Cabin.jpg

I have had 7594, an E1, booked for months now on Freedom, it is midship with a pull down bed for our daughter.

The first hump cabin, 7630 just became available, and it has a pull out bed instead of a pulldown bed.

I dont know which one to choose. We have had 7294, same cabin on opposite side, on Freedom and liked it, but it would be great to have a sofa bed rather than pull down. I just cant pull the trigger because it is the first hump cabin and there are so few E1's with a sofa bed.

Cabin.jpg

Ask the person who will be sleeping in the third berth, not us.

7630 is not really a hump cabin, but it is right next to the elevators and stairs, a great plus for me. The pullman beds on Freedom run perpendicular to the main bed, so the person in the pullman is sleeping directly above the heads on the people in the main bed. I personally prefer the sofa bed for that reason.

You will lose significant space in the cabin with the sofa bed when it's open, almost to the point of not being able to move around at all! As someone who has slept in many pull down beds, I find them super comfortable and allows for a TON more space in the room. I grew up with bunk beds as a kid, so it doesn't really bother me about sleeping above someone's head, or vice versa.

I just know with the pull down pullmans beds you have a nice thick regular mattress to sleep on. With a sleeper sofa, there is normally a thin uncomfortable mattress to sleep on. If your child is small, it may not matter. When the sleeper sofa is pulled out, there will be little room to move around in. Personally, I would keep what you have.

Not a great hump cabin since the hump is actually going to block you from seeing towards the back of the ship since this cabin is really just before the hump. Having said that, I would probably switch to the sofabed because I don't like the pullman over the main bed.

Really a toss up.

Our daughters each have 2 children each and have always had drop down bunks but last year we went to Europe and their rooms had pullout sofa.

It is their vote for the bunks. The pullout takes out alot of room when out and it also did away with the storage drawers.

Hope you have a great trip.:)

How old is your daughter? That would have some bearing on my decision...but I am in my 60's and would take a pullman over a pull out any day I have slept in both and ...the pull outs are just plain HARD..there is no mattress...the back of the sofa drops down..and the bottom pulls out...even with an eggcrate topper it's bad...plus it will take up all your floor space at night when open..and if it's not near the balcony will make getting to the bathroom in the middle of the night challenging to say the least...just my vote..

Depends on the age of your daughter. Just got off the Freedom and will not have my son above us again, if he even travel with us again. Before he turned 21 it was not a problem even with the bed right over our heads. This trip after spending every night and early morning in the Crypt it was not fun. So not a good idea for an older child.

We sailed LOS a few years back at the time our son was 15 yrs old and he was very uncomfortable in the pulldown bed. He was about 160 lbs and 5'7 at the time. We have always had a pulldown bed for him and he was very comfy when he was younger.....and smaller!!

Archived