the water bottles in your cabin

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

That's a decent sized fridge though. Do all ships have them?

I would totally want the room steward to remove them though so I can make room for my own stuff.

just remember beer removed will be skunked.

and that request is above and beyond your stewards duties. be prepared to tip him if he agrees, or even be told no. removing them yourself might find all items charged to your account and then restocked.

but the are hardly refrigerators like you are used to. barely keep things cool.

They were $3.95 on the Dream last month:

DSC00604.jpg

And in case you're wondering what else is in the cabin :)

DSC00603.jpg

Wish I could get them to stock it with bud lite and only bud lite, but they act like that would take an act of congress. I don't need all that other crap taking up room in MY fridge.

Never thought I would see the day where water costs more than most other drinks, either. Almost as much as gas or beer.

Never thought I would see the day where water costs more than most other drinks, either. Almost as much as gas or beer.

Actually as far as "resort" prices go, $3.95 for a 1.5 litre bottle of water ain't bad. You should see what Mandalay Bay charges for a regular size bottle. :eek:

They were $3.95 on the Dream last month:

DSC00604.jpg

And in case you're wondering what else is in the cabin :)

DSC00603.jpg

I remember this. I had the room steward lock the fridge as soon as we got there. Didn't want my daughter to forget and drink them. LOL

We used to always bring our own water on board....however, a few cruises ago we found that the $3.95 huge bottle in the room is more than enough water in the room for 2 people. It makes our carry on bags so much lighter and really...it's 4 bucks. That's one less spin on the slot machine. :) Just my opinion.

can't remember- are they free? otherwise my cheap a%& plans on bringing a water bottle from home
Think I would get along with your cheap a%& (not sure about you!:p ).

We bring water and soda aboard as well as insulated coffee cups. Figure we save enough doing this to pay for the steak restaurants and maybe a glass of wine as well.

I stopped bringing water on the ship as I found the ship water / lido

Is fine and just as good as store bought

A couple years ago my kids kept on visiting our room and taking the water , thinking we brought it on board. But they never charged us ..

Btw the currant charge. Really is bad compared to some other places/ resorts

even water they rip you off on. the element of life.

And this is different from any restaurant, convenience store, caterer how?

Do you give equal time for all the other companies in this world that try to turn a profit, or do you just have it in for Carnival?

I know you're going to blast me, but I happened to think that the price for the size of the bottle wasn't unreasonable.

And this is different from any restaurant, convenience store, caterer how?

Do you give equal time for all the other companies in this world that try to turn a profit, or do you just have it in for Carnival?

I know you're going to blast me, but I happened to think that the price for the size of the bottle wasn't unreasonable.

Possibly the fact it is $4 per bottle is what annoys many people given the consumer price at any grocery store for that size is under $1 per bottle. It is not just cruise lines that annoy me with that tactic, movie theaters and hotels also come to mind.

Possibly the fact it is $4 per bottle is what annoys many people given the consumer price at any grocery store for that size is about under $1 per bottle.

Compare apples to apples-- compare to hotels, caterers, etc.

I stay at hotels and no bottles of waters at any hotel have ever been grocery store pricing. Why would anyone epect that from Carnival, or RCL, or any other cruise line?

It just seems like every time there's a comment about pricing, Carnival is trying to gouge people. Carnival is no different than any other company-- no profit, no company.

Archived