Share suite benefits?

thymegirl08

My husband and I are thinking of booking a vista suite for ourselves and 2 interior staterooms for our grown children. My question is--Is family (in other staterooms) allowed to share certain suite benefits, such as breakfast in Sabatinis, priority boarding,etc.?

Would love to have a suite, but not be separated from family!

Thanks!

My husband and I are thinking of booking a vista suite for ourselves and 2 interior staterooms for our grown children. My question is--Is family (in other staterooms) allowed to share certain suite benefits, such as breakfast in Sabatinis, priority boarding,etc.?

Breakfast only if they are actually booked into the suite. They can check in with you. They may or may not be allowed to wait in the Platinum/Elite/suite lounge with you unless they are children under 18; that'll depend on the person managing the lounge. Sometimes, the lounge gets so full of "guests" that there's no room for those entitled to this perk, which is a shame.

Thanks!

Sorry but Sabatinis will not allow the non-suite family in. I have seen people try and each time they are turned away.

You can if you borrow their card for breakfast. ;)

Maybe day 1 or 2. They check your cabin off so if you had one group go early and the other later - they would figure it out. The head waiter isn't dumb.

And it's just not right!

My non-suite family members gave me their laundry to have done.

Molly

Thanks Molly, when they start limiting the amount of laundry we can send down, we can thank people like you for it.

That's abuse of the perk. I've also heard that many people who get upgraded to a suite do that.

That's another thing they could do in the future - give upgrades to suites but not include all the perks.

Maybe day 1 or 2. They check your cabin off so if you had one group go early and the other later - they would figure it out. The head waiter isn't dumb.

And it's just not right!

Maybe so, but it's worth a try right or not. What's the worst that could happen, they deny you breakfast?

We would suggest that you go to the Head Waiter and explain your circumstances of a family in two different accommodations, one being a suite but wishing to be together for breakfast. A positive response may depend on your generosity for we have seen it done. After all, at that moment Sabatini's is his realm.

And if everyone booked in a suite wanted to bring along two more cabins worth of people to Sabatini's?:eek: At some point, that perk might disappear for all suite people.

If it's important to dine together as a family, there are other venues to accommodate everyone concerned.

Yes, they do maintain a list of suite people and they check it til they get to know you. While the Sabatini's people might make a one-time exception, I think it is presumptious to expect the entire group to dine routinely at Sabatini's for breakfast.

I think that you would be able to order breakfast, lunch & dinner for everyone in your suite, but I would tip very well!. Sabitini's is a no go, suite only & they do check. Everyone will be able to board as one.

Jan

Room service is included in the tipping pool so why would you tip very well. Double tipping would be appreciated by the staff but is unnecessary .

Thanks Molly, when they start limiting the amount of laundry we can send down, we can thank people like you for it.
Yup. Not sure why someone would not only want to abuse this but let everyone in the world know they had.

Not too long ago, someone posted here on CC that they were Elite and she was traving with a boyfriend or whatever who wasn't and sent his clothes out with hers. He was charged for his share of the laundry and they were incensed that because she was Elite, he should have gotten his free, too. They slammed the Front Desk and argued/yelled until they got what they wanted. Sorry, I don't understand it but perhaps it's a generational "entitlement" thing.

I'm sure many of us remember when platinum Captain Circle people and above got unlimited free internet. I can remember seeing people who were platinum telling people who weren't to come over and use their computer in the internet cafe when they were finished because they wouldn't have to pay for it. Not long after, Princess set a limit on free internet minutes except for suite passengers.

If people abuse some of these other benefits, e.g. laundry, the same same will happen with them as well. As for trying to game the system at Sabatinis for breakfast by switching cruise cards, I'm sorry but I think it's insulting to think the staff are so stupid that they wouldn't be able to figure this out.

I'm sure many of us remember when platinum Captain Circle people and above got unlimited free internet. I can remember seeing people who were platinum telling people who weren't to come over and use their computer in the internet cafe when they were finished because they wouldn't have to pay for it. Not long after, Princess set a limit on free internet minutes except for suite passengers.

If people abuse some of these other benefits, e.g. laundry, the same same will happen with them as well. As for trying to game the system at Sabatinis for breakfast by switching cruise cards, I'm sorry but I think it's insulting to think the staff are so stupid that they wouldn't be able to figure this out.

The reason the internet was made limited is only because the in room internet was introduced & it would have been useless with all the Elite's being logged on 24/7. Even today the people in suites can share their service with close by friends very easily. ;)

I beg to differ with you. The policy re:internet minutes was changed before wi-fi was available in all cabins on all ships. As for suite passengers allowing their friends to use it for free, I have no doubt that some do. We always sail in a suite and have never done so because we think it's a little dishonest to do so. I guess it all depends on how people feel about stuff like that.

We also travel in suites and have never allowed anyone to use our minutes. My husband does not like to use the internet and has never logged in so I suppose I could sell someone his password and make some good money but there is NO WAY I ever would!!!

Archived