"will costa survive?"

H82seaUgo

OK , so backing down at slow speed to set your anchor is quite different from the captains claim that he dropped the anchor to manuever the ship !

that's not what i said.

i said dropping an anchor on a ship that has come to rest does nothing.

and at this point, i don't believe a word this captain is saying.

that's not what i said.

i said dropping an anchor on a ship that has come to rest does nothing.

and at this point, i don't believe a word this captain is saying.

Did I misunderstand ? Did you literally mean "dropping an anchor on a ship " ?

Originally Posted by cruiseerf

They Will survive as regardless of the chaos of moving 4000 people off a ship you have a less then 1% mortality rate....which shows their evacuation procedures worked. While no death is ideal...realistically this number is quite low given the situation

Maybe Costa can adopt this as a slogan " Less than 1% die" , Or "99% would sail with us again because they're still alive " or maybe "Check our safety record , so far only one of our ships fell over ".

I say they're toast.

I think some posters just want Costa to go away, for whatever reason. It's definitely not based on reality. Why would Europe's largest cruise line and a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation fold due to this accident that in the grand scheme of things was not a major maritime loss...? Not to sound cold.

The General Public has a short memory and even shorter attention span, do you think most could even name the ship that sank? I doubt it.

I think some posters just want Costa to go away, for whatever reason. It's definitely not based on reality. Why would Europe's largest cruise line and a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation fold due to this accident that in the grand scheme of things was not a major maritime loss...? Not to sound cold.

The General Public has a short memory and even shorter attention span, do you think most could even name the ship that sank? I doubt it.

Too late.....

###

New Name "Carnival Europa Cruise Lines" ?? They will have to do something to kick start a new image! Costa has history on it's side, but I bet we will see a name change??

I could be wrong?

Kel:)

I agree. I don't think they will cease operation, but I do believe they will be re-branded.

I would like to see them go away for the good of the industry and the future safety of all ship passengers . No one should have to even dream that their ship would be operated so unsafely and by such an unsuitable crew ever again. Just as the Titanic forced lifeboats to be carried for all the passengers , The Concordia must force better training , supervision and hiring of ships officers . Soon I believe she will slip into the deep .

They may totally rename/brand Costa. Who knows. My point is that they are going to have a difficult time keeping the Costa brand alive given the response to this situation.

By the way, there have been a number of other people interviewed on video news reports who have had similar experiences as the CC poster. Turn on CNN.

Maybe they can paint a big D on the funnels for their new brand D I S A S T E R L I N E .....oops sorry:cool:

The public are very influential just take a look at Cruise Critic and how influenced all of these these travellers are !...picky choosey you name it. And non cruisers will rethink about EVER sailing ... this episode will leave a big gap in the industry NO ONE likes a sinking ship..or pictures of one overturned in beautiful Italy..its not a good look.

Who will after this tom and jerry Costa mess, want to feel really good about parting with their money to sail Costa again ? They will have to rebrand rethink rehire

mind you personally I think Carnival will drop them off as a bad egg.

that's the disussion on the news outlets this morning.

hadn't thought much about this, yet are making such damaging statements such as "nightmare" "disaster" "disorganization" "chaos" and "every single thing in this was botched by costa cruise line".

passenger melissa goduti's account was interesting.

Carnival Corp (CCL) should change the name to 'Princess Mediterranean' or 'Cunard/Med' or even Carnival/Med. Costa as a brand is done.

Titanic resulted in more lifeboats for all passengers, but White Star didn't disappear... as I have said, as a result of this the industry will improve and I believe Costa will probably be the safest line on the Seas for years to come as a result...

RCCL sure became very evironmentally conscious with it's "save the waves" program after it got caught bypassing systems and dumping sewage about 15 years ago and the scrutiny that followed.

I had a fantastic cruise on the Costa Atlantica in April 2010.

My wife and I cruised in the Western Mediterannean on COSTA MAGICA in October. We had a good time, and so did the other Americans we met on the ship.

I wouldn't hesitate to cruise with Costa again. Also, I suspect that the CONCORDIA accident will make cruise lines in general--and Costa in particular--all the more conscious of the need for accident avoidance and improved safety procedures.

Archived