what is your favorite organized activity on Celebrity cruises

alenushka

I haven't read all the replies but I enjoy the Culinary events very

much for daytime activities:) They have the Chef's Competition

which usually takes places in the Theater. I got to be a judge

once and that was alot of fun:D

Evenings, watching "Dancing With The Stripes" is fun as well:)

I have not participated in Trivia in many years. I did it quite often

when I first started cruising but realized after a few cruises there

are too many people out there that are just too "dog eat dog, cut

throat" about it....and the women (yes girls, the women) are worse

than the men (in my experience anyway)....it is just trivia people:eek:

I haven't read all the replies but I enjoy the Culinary events very

much for daytime activities:) They have the Chef's Competition

Evenings, watching "Dancing With The Stripes" is fun as well:)

I have not participated in Trivia in many years. I did it quite often

when I first started cruising but realized after a few cruises there

are too many people out there that are just too "dog eat dog, cut

throat" about it....and the women (yes girls, the women) are worse

than the men (in my experience anyway)....it is just trivia people:eek:

Hi Lois (Barb here...)

I agree with you about the trivia, but we have managed to avoid the groups that take it too seriously and have always enjoyed it.

I think the person who runs the event has a good impact on how it is going to run. We have avoided certain leaders for this reason and flocked to those who manage to have control over the group and make it fun at the same time.

We have 4 medals (2 each) for the progressive trivia on our last 2 cruises on X. Oh yeah, we enjoy it!:)

They have the Chef's Competition

I got to participate as one of the contestants in the chef's competition on our Infinity cruise. What fun! I was quite pleased to learn that the chefs in the galley use the same knives that I use at home. My chef and I won the competition. I took home the paper toque and shared the prize of a bottle of nice champagne with out table at dinner.

I got to participate as one of the contestants in the chef's competition on our Infinity cruise. What fun! I was quite pleased to learn that the chefs in the galley use the same knives that I use at home. My chef and I won the competition. I took home the paper toque and shared the prize of a bottle of nice champagne with out table at dinner.

Just wondering: what are chef's competitions? do you get to cook food with the chef? :confused:

Just wondering: what are chef's competitions? do you get to cook food with the chef? :confused:

Yes, you do:D it is fun too. It is sort of like Iron Chef on Food Network.

2 Chefs and each Chef has a passenger as an Assistant...they cook

3 different items and the judges get to taste and vote on who they

think did the best and pick the winners:)

Congratulations Janet on winning your competition:D

SORRY TO HIJACK but PAM (cruisini) email me at my screen name @ gmail.com. It'd be great to get together at Seasons 52. That and Capital Grille are 2 of my favorite lunch spots. I don't have your email (unless your last name starts w/ C... I do have an "unknown" Pam in my contacts whose last name starts w/ C...g.)

Sorry all and thanks for letting me interrupt. You may now resume your usual programming.

Reading about the winetasting with the Riedel glasses got my curiosity going. I checked the retail cost (ouch) and then checked Craigslist. Found a local sous chef selling about a dozen of the (4 stemless, 4 whites, and miscellaneous other sizes) and I got them for $25. I think you're right - a medium bottle of wine does taste great with them.

:p

Reading about the winetasting with the Riedel glasses got my curiosity going. I checked the retail cost (ouch) and then checked Craigslist. Found a local sous chef selling about a dozen of the (4 stemless, 4 whites, and miscellaneous other sizes) and I got them for $25. I think you're right - a medium bottle of wine does taste great with them.

:p

I saw the stemless ones in Target last week. They also have a line of the stemmed ones. It appears that other companies have jumped on the bandwagon as Libby and one other were also offering Reidel-style glasses in Target.

I just got off the Silhouette yesterday. I went to one trivia contest and it was called English Pub Trivia. I believe it was hosted by your lovely daughter. Being an American I did horribly on the trivia but I did have a good time. I also saw lady Gaga on board and she looked very much like your daughter.

Everyone on the Silhouette did a wonderful job. I also ejoyed being in the Celebrity Choir.

It was my favourite activity as my daughter was the crew member who hosted it.

You can now catch her aboard Silhouette now

We just got off the Silhouette yesterday. Don't miss the Dancing with the Stripes. It was hilarious. The crew members were really getting into it and their dancing partners went along with the fun. The martini tasting was very entertaining with the bartenders doing tricks like Tom Cruise. We also enjoyed the tasting at the Molecular bar. I was also in the Celebrity choir. We practiced all week with Jess and Micky and then performed two songs on the last day of the cruise.

We did the closing song from Les Mis. I think it is called Do You Hear the People Sing and we also did Don't Stop Believing. There were more than 60 people in the choir. I would do it again but I can't get the songs out of my head. It was a lot of fun.

What songs did you sing in the Choir? How many people participated? Would you do it again? Thanks!

SORRY TO HIJACK but PAM (cruisini) email me at my screen name @ gmail.com. It'd be great to get together at Seasons 52. That and Capital Grille are 2 of my favorite lunch spots. I don't have your email (unless your last name starts w/ C... I do have an "unknown" Pam in my contacts whose last name starts w/ C...g.)

Sorry all and thanks for letting me interrupt. You may now resume your usual programming.

Ohhh.....I have to chime in to your post too;) forgive me....

I ate at Seasons 52 for the first time on Saturday....all I can say

is OMG...IT IS FABULOUS:D:D:D

Back to regular programming..........

I just got off the Silhouette yesterday. I went to one trivia contest and it was called English Pub Trivia. I believe it was hosted by your lovely daughter. Being an American I did horribly on the trivia but I did have a good time. I also saw lady Gaga on board and she looked very much like your daughter.

Everyone on the Silhouette did a wonderful job. I also ejoyed being in the Celebrity Choir.

Huh? Lady Gaga was on the cruise????:eek:

Any form of trivia except 80s music.

Team up with me, Yogi! I have that topic covered, as long as you can do sports for me!

I love trivia, and I agree with the poster who qualified that with as long as it isn't taken too serious. I hate when people get too competitive at trivia!

On future trips I will avoid having any spa services. I love being pampered in my home town and on land based trips with a relaxing massage, facial, or other spa treatment, but on cruises, the product sales pitch is just a huge turn-off and cranks up my anxiety level. I want to stay very relaxed and at peace, and getting the hard sell - or ANY sell - after a treatment is so inappropriate! My massage therapist at home has some products for sale that are displayed in the reception area if you are interested in buying or learning about it, but she would never pitch anything to me during a scheduled treatment. 2 onboard massages on celebrity were the same, and enough for me!

I also must confess that I was bored with the hot glass show. Just not my cup of tea.

I love, love, love the aquaspa pool, and spent almost all of my time there. So relaxing and comfy! I'm very much looking forward to checking out the T-pool on my upcoming Millenium cruise, first time on M class.

Favorite activity? DW and I are very big participants in the "group reading" activity. Along with a very large group of other passengers we find a nice comfy seat (outside if the weather is good) and curl up with a good book. It is amazing how large our reading group can be....sometimes we see hundreds of folks curled up with their book.

Hank

Adding it to my "must try" list! Thank you all!

Must try list:

e-konnect box

Dancing with the stripes

FOR DH (especially :

-- cook in the MurNo galley with Chef Dena Marino.

-- The International Wine Tasting

--The Celebrity Chef Challenge

--Riedel Wine tasting.

Trivia of any kind - only if not taken too seriously

Watercolor painting

art classes

backstage tour and/or bridge tour (if offered)

Find a nice spot on the ship to relax

Check out choir (love Les Mes)

Find Lady GAGA :)

if in Texas - check our Seasons 52 known for amazing food :p

Great list! keep it going, please!

ALENUSHKA,

As Lois mentioned, Seasons 52 is GREAT. Nothing over 475 calories and SOOOO good. There are a bunch of them in Florida too, including one somewhere in Fort Lauderdale!

So as for organized activities, I love the pre cruise dinner w/ a really good roll call. What a great way to get the cruise started before we even board!

ALENUSHKA,

As Lois mentioned, Seasons 52 is GREAT. Nothing over 475 calories and SOOOO good. There are a bunch of them in Florida too, including one somewhere in Fort Lauderdale!

So as for organized activities, I love the pre cruise dinner w/ a really good roll call. What a great way to get the cruise started before we even board!

Very good point!!! Thank you for details on Seasons 52! I was joking in my previous post, but as a result learned some very useful information :) It is very hard to find very good tasting food under 500 cal. Good to know they have them in Fl. too.

Archived