What do you wish you had made time for?

melmar02

On our last cruise, we never noticed the miniature golf course until the morning of the departure. :eek:

This time on the Liberty, I'm determined to see the helipad. Oh, and I want to spend some time at the Champagne Bar.

Last time we didn't do any shows, we perferred walking around the ship at night and having a few drinks, or playing miniature golf while everyone else was AT the shows! We might try a few this time but I don't think I will be heartbroken if we don't! Other then that, we explored our ship, did lots of fun excursions and took lots of pics! ;)

The only thing I can think of that I KNOW about and have missed is climbing the rock wall. I'm not sure I really WANT to climb the rock wall, however.

I've discovered new things on every cruise.

Last cruise I tried ice skating for the first time.

I remember discovering the piano bar...what fun!

Two cruises ago, I discovered karaoke and had fun.

No matter how many cruises you take, there are always new things to discover!

Just chill. My first cruises I was so delightfully overwhelmed with all of the activities, I hardly ever just sat still. I want to do that for a change in the evening instead of wearing myself out each day completely.

That is exactly what our last cruise on Allure was. We skipped Love and Marriage as well as Quest, while we normally look forward to those, we just chilled. We spent at least an hour everynight after 11 in one of the hot tubs. Allure will be there when we go back in 13 to see what we missed.

Go stargazing

Dress up for formal night ( have not done it last 5 cruises)

Attend quest

Breakfast on balcony

I love breakfast on the balcony! Our last cruise we did that the last couple of days - now it is on my "to do" list for every day! ;)

Sounds like I did most of all that was listed here.

I did walk around the top deck at night. AO is up there too and we would walk around there before we would pick up DS. It is quiet up there and the pools are quiet too.

Swam everyday and sat in the hottub. Loved every minute of it and would be there right now if I was on a cruise. DS played in H2O and loved that

50 yrs old and did the flowrider. I actually stayed on so dont get intimidated and just do it.

Had bfast on the balcony most mornings. We loved room service and would order it when we got back in the evenings. We would order our bfast then an evening snack. Fun! I would be doing that right now too if I was on a cruise!:)

Played putt putt and it was fun. Not the best course but we had fun. Hey! We were on a great ship!

Didnt do Climbing wall or Spa. Dont know if I would though. I would LOVE to do the spa, but hard to justify the jacked up price.

Not sure what I would add to my experience. I might do the same

Phil, when I read comments by husbands like you, it melts my heart. You have a blessed lady!

I've been going through old cruise pictures and just realized that I have never been out on deck after dark. We have always had a balcony, and between that and running around to the nightly activities, we never bothered to get out on the top deck after sun down. So I'm going to make a point to see the pool area and outside promenade decks at night next time around. Plus start a list of those other little things I wish I had done in hindsight!:p

What are some of the things you didn't get a chance, or forgot, to do that is on your list for the next time?

That bar in the lobby when you first enter the ship, I want to just sit there and have a beer!

This next trip I hope to find time to break our cruise habits. :p

On one cruise or another, we have done pretty much all the activities. Yet, there are certain things that we find ourselves doing over and over, like Quest or the L&M show for example. And while these are fun, I'm starting to think that there's a fine line between tradition and habit.

It's almost like I don't want to break our 'tradition' of going to Quest, because we've done it on every trip and it's become part of the experience. With that said, we've done it on every trip! We know what it is! Maybe it's time to use that time trying something new, rather than feeling obligated to go to a traditional event.

The Allure is going to be a whole new world. Will think about making it a different experience as a whole ......

So long as I ride the zipline - will not leave the ship with that regret! And the carousel.

May possibly make time for:

- 3D movie

- outdoor movie at night

- meeting a cartoon character (why the heck not?)

- gathering clues in the Allure book

- browsing the Britto gallery

- watching the grass grow in Central Park

- mini golf

- fountain shows

- and sleeping it off on the balcony

Staying on the ship while in port. I'm always ready to get off and get busy...after all....isn't that why we stop??

One of the stops in April will be in Coz and we've been many times, but since we were just there in December we're going to try to stay on the ship and enjoy the quietness.

I highly recommend staying on the ship if you've been to the port before. We stayed on the ship in Jamaica and enjoyed the quiet. Our daughter was married on the ship when we arrived at Port Canaveral. We basically had the whole ship to ourselves during the day and it was a lovely wedding and reception!:)

I've been going through old cruise pictures and just realized that I have never been out on deck after dark. We have always had a balcony, and between that and running around to the nightly activities, we never bothered to get out on the top deck after sun down. So I'm going to make a point to see the pool area and outside promenade decks at night next time around. Plus start a list of those other little things I wish I had done in hindsight!:p

What are some of the things you didn't get a chance, or forgot, to do that is on your list for the next time?

Walking around the deck at night is a lot of fun...the ship is usually cruising along pretty fast so its super windy. The kids will put their arms out like they are flying and try to fight the wind. We usually only make it for a lap but it's a fun time. It's nt quite as windy down by the pool. Bring a video camera if u do it. It's loud but fun.

Here's the list of things that I meant to do and didn't get around to it...

Check out the movie theatre on the Voyager and Radiance class ships

Go to Johnny Rockets when there were the free coupons in the C&C book

Go to more wine tasting classes when they were included in the C&C book

Things I can do on my upcoming one...

Play mini golf for the 1st time, not big pool/solarium people, but might give it a go

Things I will not probably do is climb the wall, but then again you never know...

I'm really looking forward to a few things on my next cruise on the Allure!

Do some Trivia. I love those but haven't yet had the time on a cruise!

Sail Away! We've always been doing something else when the ship takes off.

Eat breakfast somewhere else than WJ or our balcony.

See a movie in the Aqua Theater.

Archived