FOS lounge chair flags to request service?

lov2sun

Most people are supplied with things they call hands, that can be freely waved at passing bartenders. Do not worry they will find you even if you twitch a toe, they always want to serve those "drinks of the day" even if you insist you do not want one.

No flags but it seems to me there is someone walking by asking if I need anything about every 10 seconds.

This ^

One thing is for sure on a cruise. Whether its the staff trying to sell you drinks on board or the islanders trying to sell you goods or dope on shore, "No thank you" is something you will learn to repeat many many many times :p

Of course, the frequency of waiters passing DOES depend on where you're sitting! A large group of us were up a deck from pool level, and forward....couldn't get a waiter to save our souls! But, we finally flagged one down, and told them that a whole group were wanting drinks....so they finally sent someone to our area....sometimes, you just have to make your needs known!

Most people are supplied with things they call hands, that can be freely waved at passing bartenders. Do not worry they will find you even if you twitch a toe, they always want to serve those "drinks of the day" even if you insist you do not want one.

That is why I prefer the flag for service method as I prefer not to have them buggin me if I dont need anything and sometimes I am absorbed in a good book and don't want to be on the look-out for a passing server. Oh well, it's all good.

Thanks for the info!

Personally I also like the flag idea, but Royal seems to work on the idea that the only way to have a bar waiter stop bugging you, is for you to have a drink in your hands, and that does not stop some waiters.

I just wish they would allocate an area for each bar waiter, as often you can get them come along one after another after another.

That is why I prefer the flag for service method as I prefer not to have them buggin me if I dont need anything and sometimes I am absorbed in a good book and don't want to be on the look-out for a passing server. Oh well, it's all good.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!

I had not heard of the flag thing but I would love it. I don't drink and I like sleeping on the lounge chair. If I wake and roll over and make eye contact with one of the zillions of waiters walking around it DOES NOT mean I want "bar service" :D

No flags but it seems to me there is someone walking by asking if I need anything about every 10 seconds.

For me it seems like the time between each passing is proportional with how much you are longing for a drink.

The more you long for a drink, the longer time it is between each passing....

Cheers, Atle

Archived