Cape Liberty Parking

dond3131

Does anyone have any insight into the parking situation at the port?My wife and I will be driving up on 5/10,not worried about getting there ,just whats involved after I drop her off with the luggage and go to park the Truck.Tried to look on Google Earth but I'm seeing multiple areas to park in and not sure which ones they use for the ship parking.Also hows the boarding process set up?Looks like its something like getting on the ship down in the islands down on deck 2.

Thanks in advance

Don

Steps to parking at the port;

1. Show cruise documents at entrance to port.

2. Drive to luggage drop off and they take all your checked bags.

3. Make another turn around the pier and back to the parking area.

4. Pay ( I think it's $19 a day.)

5. Park car and walk (with your carry ons) to terminal building (next to parking lot)

6. Go through the lines and get your key card etc.

7. A short ride on a shuttle bus and you are on your way...

bosco

Steps to parking at the port;

1. Show cruise documents at entrance to port.

2. Drive to luggage drop off and they take all your checked bags.

3. Make another turn around the pier and back to the parking area.

4. Pay ( I think it's $19 a day.)

5. Park car and walk (with your carry ons) to terminal building (next to parking lot)

6. Go through the lines and get your key card etc.

7. A short ride on a shuttle bus and you are on your way...

bosco

exactly.....yes it is 19/day....

you MUST ride the bus to the ship...for safety, and it's a bit too far to walk.

you board on deck 1..not the prettiest, but heck, ride up a couple decks and you're good to go!

Brand new parking facility premier parking usa. They charge about $8 a day cheaper. Lot is a small distance away from the pier, but they provide a shuttle. Google Premier Parking USA. Not sure if they will let me post the actual link in here.

My 11 night next month is costing me $158.95 instead of the $228 at the pier.

This is a new parking option at Bayonne which just opened this week. If you try it out, please post a review.

If you park at Cape Liberty, you can get closer to the ship by driving through the first lot (go straight ahead and make a left heading for the break in the chain link fence), crossing the access road (usually a guy to stop traffic for you), and parking on the side closest to the ship and terminal. The parking close to the terminal is all handicapped parking, but there is plenty of regular parking as well. The advantage is that you can walk back to the entrance without dodging the inbound traffic on the access road. When you disembark, you can usually get porters to wheel your stuff directly to your car.

• 1 month later...
Brand new parking facility premier parking usa. They charge about $8 a day cheaper. Lot is a small distance away from the pier, but they provide a shuttle. Google Premier Parking USA. Not sure if they will let me post the actual link in here.

My 11 night next month is costing me $158.95 instead of the $228 at the pier.

So, how did your parking experience turn out?

Hi all,

Just got off the Celebrity Silhouette on Sat. We used the Premier lot. It was cheaper and the lot was ok but the shuttle service was the pitts. DH and friend waited 90 min for the shuttle back to the port once they dropped of the van. They should have walked! The company is new there and they only had 1 van. They were still bringing people from the ship that were getting off at 11:30 am. The guys decieded to get a taxi when we returned instead of waiting for the shuttle and that turned out ok. But you have to find a local taxi- most waiting at the port are NY bound taxie's. Hopefully the company will invest in a few more vehicles because the savings is a good bit- especially on a 12 nite cruise! Hope this helps you future cruisers- we had a blast hope you do too! :)

Hi all,

Just got off the Celebrity Silhouette on Sat. We used the Premier lot. It was cheaper and the lot was ok but the shuttle service was the pitts. DH and friend waited 90 min for the shuttle back to the port once they dropped of the van. They should have walked! The company is new there and they only had 1 van. They were still bringing people from the ship that were getting off at 11:30 am.

EXACTLY what I posted in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1561212

With only one van, it will definitely be hit and miss WHEN you get to or from the ship.

It sounds like you saved about $70, two folks from your party lost 3 hrs getting from the parking to the pier, and to add insult to injury they had to pay for a taxi back to your cars.

By comparison you could have stayed at the Ramada for $112 including 14 days parking, and arranged Independent Driver to take 4 of you to the port for $40 each way.

We just returned from a cruise and used Premier Parking. After reading the negative reports we called and asked questions before booking. It is $19/day, the lot is not much to look at but fenced, lit and secured. There is security on site. The shuttle was waiting to take us to the pier so we were on our way fast. Upon return we had a number to call and the shuttle was there as we arrived at the pick-up place. They were running two shuttles. We chose self departure at the ship which we were off by 0810. The shuttle had us in our car and on the road by 0900. Can't complain about that! It was a great experience. We will definitely use Premier next cruise.

$19 per day???? Am I missing something? That's the same price as parking at the pier where you can just walk to your car or have a porter take your luggage directly to your car.

I'm sure that's just an innocent mistake by the poster. Premier Parking's web site lists their rate as $11.99 per day (plus tax, "processing fee" and "port access fee") .

The premier parking sounds like a good price. Wouldnt there be extra fees for parking at the pier also? I figure if I can save $50 on parking I can eat at Portofinos more than once. That sounds good to me

The premier parking sounds like a good price. Wouldnt there be extra fees for parking at the pier also? I figure if I can save $50 on parking I can eat at Portofinos more than once. That sounds good to me

No...there are no extra fees for parking at the pier. The $19 includes tax, and there's nothing comparable to the booking and access fees charged by Premier either. It's a flat $19 a day at the pier, so the actual savings for 7 night cruise is about $35, not $50.

Archived