Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Out of pure morbid curiosity, I paid a visit to the page from he who shall not be named here and it never ceases to amaze me how can one person have such a vivid imagination. He could make an entire TV series of conspiration theories behind every single aspect of the Concordia disaster.

He endlessly keeps adding predictions and assumptions (some of which are so obviously wrong) that never come true. It is totally insane. At this stage of things (ship being demolished and recycled) I wonder why he keeps spending so much time on something that is now pointless.

Since I am not going to post links or the name of the person to avoid creating undue attention, go to page #234 of this topic and look for post #4674 and read on. I guess you have not been following this topic long enough. That was more than 2 years ago.

Since I am not going to post links or the name of the person to avoid creating undue attention, go to page #234 of this topic and look for post #4674 and read on. I guess you have not been following this topic long enough. That was more than 2 years ago.

Oh, I've been on the thread from before that, just forgot completely about that tin foil hat case. He hasn't gotten any smarter, or less lunatic. It's amazing that everyone in the world, but him, are incorrect.

I had to have a look. I posted just after you. Hard to believe it's over 2 years. Time flies

• 2 weeks later...

They have been going swiftly for the last few weeks. Now that the huge drilling ship that was behind is gone it is now easier to see from the webcam. They have taken down decks 8 and 7 entirely except for the portion where the tower crane is located and a portion where the funnel used to be. Now this morning I noticed that the entire forward section of decks 6 and 5 have been removed. This means that the main theater is now an open air arena. The floor of deck 6 was the roof of the theater. Deck 6 is also the lowest deck entirely above the hull

They have been going swiftly for the last few weeks. Now that the huge drilling ship that was behind is gone it is now easier to see from the webcam. They have taken down decks 8 and 7 entirely except for the portion where the tower crane is located and a portion where the funnel used to be. Now this morning I noticed that the entire forward section of decks 6 and 5 have been removed. This means that the main theater is now an open air arena. The floor of deck 6 was the roof of the theater. Deck 6 is also the lowest deck entirely above the hull

I seen that also this morning.

Ship.jpg.da8478a79afd86e598bfdaacbae841d9.jpg

Got lucky today and catched a glimpse of a big chunk from decks 5 and 6 forward being lifted out of the wreck in the webcam. I was able to capture a few images but just as the crane barge rotated to move out someone else started moving the camera and I lost sight of the crane. By the time I was able to regain control for just enough time the barge had moved out and the large piece lowered out of sight already.

Untitled.jpg.e8ded415cc5b34ccdc383b55879516db.jpg

Untitled2.jpg.0577b21881ef7e540eaf15785371437b.jpg

Untitled3.jpg.4be0b9b92efc18a9275c53e076c2a639.jpg

Untitled4.jpg.d20d25ee6fb7327d1b895d7aff93479e.jpg

Got lucky today and catched a glimpse of a big chunk from decks 5 and 6 forward being lifted out of the wreck in the webcam. I was able to capture a few images but just as the crane barge rotated to move out someone else started moving the camera and I lost sight of the crane. By the time I was able to regain control for just enough time the barge had moved out and the large piece lowered out of sight already.

Ship must be pretty light now. Once they complete sealing off the inner whole openings they should begin removing more of the sponsons.

• 3 weeks later...

Not only that. All decks above the hull are gone. The very front of the ship is down to deck 4 and part of the sides of the hull that would be the outside walls of deck 5 are gone too. Sponson S1 has been removed.

Edited by luisrp

• 2 weeks later...

The re-cycling of the Costa Concordia wreck/ship is way behind schedule but soon deck #0 will be above water and then the drugs/cocaine apparently loaded there can be recovered.

I describe it at http://heiwaco.com/news811.htm .

The wreck/ship is still of course full of water and only kept afloat by the external sponsons providing the necessary buoyancy.

In order to proceed to the next step - move the wreck/ship into drydock - you must remove all external sponson AND provide equivalent buoyancy inside the hull (without sponsons). It will not be easy.

I have a distinct feeling the project will fail - the wreck/ship breaks into three pieces? - but we will see.

In the meantime Master has appealed the judgement. He doesn't want to go to jail 16 years for a stupid accident. http://heiwaco.com/news8.htm

And, the bad news, monster big cruise ship safety at sea is worse than ever. A single Master cannot be responsible for everything on a cruise vessel with >5000 passengers and >1200 staff/crew, when the shipowner is not really interested in safety. The next incident will be worse.

Better to cruise on small, cosy cruise ships with a friendly crew.

WOW - just WOW.

Must be a slow day on Facebook.

He hasn't been here in quite some time. Most of his stuff is "tin foil hat" conspiracy stuff. There's no reason, if it was ever there in the first place, and not just some fantasy or joke by some mobster, that the coke could not have been removed during all of the diving operations that went on both before and after the parbuckling. He's supposed to be a marine engineer, but doesn't understand that with all of the superstructure, and part of the upper hull removed, there is less buoyancy required, and that with the exception of the 4 compartments breached in the engine room, and perhaps the one compartment forward where the hull cracked in way of the thrusters, that all the other W/T compartments can and likely have been pumped out, once the watertight compartment deck is above water. The plan has always been to weld up the breach in the engine room (perhaps filling gaps with epoxies as needed), so "equivalent buoyancy" is not needed. His prediction that the project will "fail" is just junk, since his past predictions about this salvage have not come true, and in fact, even if it does break into pieces, it has been cleaned of hazardous material, is in a protected harbor, and has been removed from the ecology of the islands, which is a success already.

As you say, slow day or I wouldn't deign to answer this guy.

The re-cycling of the Costa Concordia wreck/ship is way behind schedule but soon deck #0 will be above water and then the drugs/cocaine apparently loaded there can be recovered.

I describe it at http://heiwaco.com/news811.htm .

The wreck/ship is still of course full of water and only kept afloat by the external sponsons providing the necessary buoyancy.

In order to proceed to the next step - move the wreck/ship into drydock - you must remove all external sponson AND provide equivalent buoyancy inside the hull (without sponsons). It will not be easy.

I have a distinct feeling the project will fail - the wreck/ship breaks into three pieces? - but we will see.

In the meantime Master has appealed the judgement. He doesn't want to go to jail 16 years for a stupid accident. http://heiwaco.com/news8.htm

And, the bad news, monster big cruise ship safety at sea is worse than ever. A single Master cannot be responsible for everything on a cruise vessel with >5000 passengers and >1200 staff/crew, when the shipowner is not really interested in safety. The next incident will be worse.

Better to cruise on small, cosy cruise ships with a friendly crew.

Hahaha...sure whatever you say.:D

That, and of my all-time favorite quote of his "Humans cannot travel to the Moon". He's worth a million laughs. :D

Please quote me correctly: "No humans have ever been in space"! I laugh all the time at people believing otherwise.

And that a Master of a cruise ship looks after everything incl. cleaning the toilets of all cabins. And that the shipowner is responsible of nothing.

Edited by Heiwaco