Platinum & Elite Happy Hour on CB

Sailfish

Assuming you are eligible, you will get a card showing each day's feature appetiser and drink. it will list location and time.
That's if you're lucky. :) I've gotten that card only once out of all of my cruises. Also, the $3.99/drink is for the drink of the day. I don't believe that's the cost of any drink in the Platinum/Elite lounge.

That's if you're lucky. :) I've gotten that card only once out of all of my cruises. Also, the $3.99/drink is for the drink of the day. I don't believe that's the cost of any drink in the Platinum/Elite lounge.

Correct about the pricing. Except for the drink of the day, all other drinks were regular price. They do lay out some nice snacks however. We went to this on our last cruise aboard the Crown. It was nice and peaceful, just what we were looking for before dinner.

Thanks for the info. We always seem to get the list of the drinks of the day, but I was checking if CB still had this (some ships do not) and what the price was.

I certainly hope CB has it. We had it on Golden to Hawaii this fall and loved it. The apps were yummy, decent drinks and meet some fun people that we spent time in Crooners with many nights after dinner.

We'll look for you up there Suzi !!

Pam

I certainly hope CB has it. We had it on Golden to Hawaii this fall and loved it. The apps were yummy, decent drinks and meet some fun people that we spent time in Crooners with many nights after dinner.

We'll look for you up there Suzi !!

Pam

I will be looking out for you too!!

We try to head up there when we can - it's such a good deal. But sometimes we have way too much going on. See you soon!

Suzi

We visited the Platinum/Elite lounge most every night on our Caribbean Princess cruise in July. As others have said, the appetizers were great and the drink of the day was $3.99 + gratuity. (And I have always gotten the little menu in our cabin on embarkation day... lucky, I guess :p). And, by happenstance, the lounge also coincided with the Power Hour... so select beers, cocktails and well drinks were also $3.99 + gratuity.

Some might be interested to know that on Celebrity they have a daily Elite happy hour that includes FREE unlimited cocktails and hors d'oevres. As much as we like Princess (also Elite with this line) we will sometimes opt to book Celebrity for just this reason (if all other things are equal). The Elite perks on Celebrity are so generous that it saves us at least $50 a day (we also get an Elite breakfast with mimosas, bloody marys, fresh squeezed OJ, smoothies, etc). We would love to see Princess offer similar perks :)

Hank

What time is happy hour on board the Caribbean Princess; is it in Skywalkers? How much are the drinks?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Suzi

We are currently on the CB and the Elite/Platinum/Suite happy hour is 5-7Pm in Skywalkers. It should be noted that the happy hour is only for 5 of the 7 nights as one night they have the top 40 MTP cocktail party in Skywalkers and it's also closed when they have the Captain Circle party (they need the staff for the CC party). The two nights that the lounge is closed depends on the itinerary. When the first stop is St. Thomas, the lounge is closed on Wednesday and Thursday. When the first stop is St. Maarten, then the lounge is closed Tuesay and Wednesday. Here's the sequence of drinks and appetizers.

Day 1 - Mojito with Salsa, Fresh Guacamole and Chips.

Day 2 - Chivas Regal Rob Roy with Beef Steak Tartare

Day 3 - Brezza Marina with Herbs Marinated Goat Cheese and Tomato Bruschetta

Day 4 - Japanese Slipper with California Rolls w/ soy sauce, wasabi & pickled ginger

Day 5 - Cosmopolitan with Shrimp Fountain

We are a disappointed that they have eliminated our favorite drink - Chairman of the Board. Please note that all other drinks are regular prices and they have discontinued the Power Hour reduced drink specials.

We are currently on the CB and the Elite/Platinum/Suite happy hour is 5-7Pm in Skywalkers. It should be noted that the happy hour is only for 5 of the 7 nights as one night they have the top 40 MTP cocktail party in Skywalkers and it's also closed when they have the Captain Circle party (they need the staff for the CC party). The two nights that the lounge is closed depends on the itinerary. When the first stop is St. Thomas, the lounge is closed on Wednesday and Thursday. When the first stop is St. Maarten, then the lounge is closed Tuesay and Wednesday. Here's the sequence of drinks and appetizers.

Day 4 - Japanese Slipper with California Rolls w/ soy sauce, wasabi & pickled ginger

We are a disappointed that they have eliminated our favorite drink - Chairman of the Board. Please note that all other drinks are regular prices and they have discontinued the Power Hour reduced drink specials.

Hmmmm... too bad about the Power Hour, but we did have Chairman of the Boards on our New Year's cruise on the Sapphire Princess... but we also had one more day for the lounge, so I don't think it has been eliminated, it was just the drink for one of the "dark" days on your voyage.

I just turned Plat, but my spouse will still be Gold on our next cruise. We are obviously staying in the same cabin together. Will we both be allowed access to the Plat/Elite lounge for drinks, or only me because she is not Plat yet?

I just turned Plat, but my spouse will still be Gold on our next cruise. We are obviously staying in the same cabin together. Will we both be allowed access to the Plat/Elite lounge for drinks, or only me because she is not Plat yet?

As long as she is with you, it will not be a problem

Of course. But it's your card that has to pay for the special of the day drink.

We were on the CB last year and remember the wonderfuly prepared guacamole one evening. The Skywalkers makes such a nice sun set location. We are back on for B2B starting Feb 12

Some might be interested to know that on Celebrity they have a daily Elite happy hour that includes FREE unlimited cocktails and hors d'oevres. As much as we like Princess (also Elite with this line) we will sometimes opt to book Celebrity for just this reason (if all other things are equal). The Elite perks on Celebrity are so generous that it saves us at least $50 a day (we also get an Elite breakfast with mimosas, bloody marys, fresh squeezed OJ, smoothies, etc). We would love to see Princess offer similar perks :)

Hank

The nice thing about the Princess one is that anyone can attend. If you have only a normal room card just tell the guy you are in suite. They never check. In fact, half of the time there is no one checking at all. Just walk right in and have a seat.

Thanks so much.... you are a wealth of info for those of us cruising on the CB in the near future.

The "mojito with salsa" sounds terrible ;)

But out of curiosity, what is a shrimp fountain?

The shrimp "fountain" was not a fountain at all but a very large bowl filled with the fresh succulent creatures, perfectly cooked, peeled, de-veined and laid to rest on crystal clear ice. No other evening of apps. surpassed it, IMHO.

Hmmmm... too bad about the Power Hour, but we did have Chairman of the Boards on our New Year's cruise on the Sapphire Princess... but we also had one more day for the lounge, so I don't think it has been eliminated, it was just the drink for one of the "dark" days on your voyage.

Yes, so many drinks, so few days... Longer cruises do eventually get to the Chairman Of The Board, I'm happy to say.

On our Panama Canal cruises (Jan.3-31,'12) the Elite Happy Hour drink of the day was $5 +tip, while the Happy Hour Specials in all the other bars were $3.99 +tip. We were very surprised and wondered if they had raised the price across all Princess Ships- a very big change from the 5 ships we sailed in 2011. So, is this higher price only on the Coral Princess?

Archived