share your 'suite' experience....how sweet was your suite?

Lily429

we gave up an aft (8450) to try an ocean suite (7317) ....it was our first aft, but we do have another booked on Disney Fantasy for spring 2013. So, I am dying to see some photos and hear all about your ocean suite....the cabin, the balcony, the bathroom, the closet, I want to see it all. Are the balconies big enough to request a lounge chair if there isn't one? Is the bed better than in a standard cabin? Does an ocean suite qualify for VIP status? What are VIP benefits? Please share it all for those of us getting our first suite. :o

I treated myself to a Suite on my Birthday..it has a whirlpool tub, lounge chair on the Balcony, a separate counter outside the bathroom (perfect to keep my laptop).

The bed was the same, but there is a lot of closet space. Oh, and the VIP boarding, loved it. I hadn't made Platinum yet. This was on the Destiny.

Melanie

we gave up an aft (8450) to try an ocean suite (7317) ....it was our first aft, but we do have another booked on Disney Fantasy for spring 2013. So, I am dying to see some photos and hear all about your ocean suite....the cabin, the balcony, the bathroom, the closet, I want to see it all. Are the balconies big enough to request a lounge chair if there isn't one? Is the bed better than in a standard cabin? Does an ocean suite qualify for VIP status? What are VIP benefits? Please share it all for those of us getting our first suite. :o

I guess it would depend on the ship you are asking about. Not all suites are the same.

Suite perks gets your priorty boarding only. There in no other perk with booking a suite on carnival. (there is a huge price difference between the carnival suite compared to other lines that give you many more perks)

once onboard you are treated the same as the guest that booked the cat 1A cabin.

I consider the balcony and a half a perk along with the jacuzzi tub and the closet. We had the suite on the Triumph and loved it.

My sister had a baby and we found out while in Key West. Our cabin steward made us a towel mama animal holding a towel baby animal! So cute!

We wanted to do a suite again for this cruise, but we can't do 5 in a suite on the Conquest.

We were in a suite last October on the Splendor. With 3 of us in one cabin it was great. Bathroom was double the size and a wonderful dressing area outside the bathroom. Lots of closets and storage areas. The priority boarding was a great plus also. In a few weeks we are in a regular balcony cabin and know it will be a little tight for 3 of us after the balcony but the price was just not feasible. ENJOY!!!

we are celebrating 2 birthdays on this cruise, mine (50) and my daughter (9), so we are splurging a little to make it special. There are 3 of us and we love cabin time so having more room is a big plus for us; both inside and out. What can we look forward to with the boarding process being better? our last cruise we waited in line forever....once through the line it was a breeze.

I really love suites. I just can't afford them often. The huge balcony and jacuzzi tub, dressing area and the closet are the best. Sometimes you just need to get away from others and suites are the best way to relax and enjoy a lazy day on your private balcony.

Good luck and have a blast!!!

We just came back last week from 14 nights on Freedom (B2B)

First leg, we were in aft ext 8450

and thankfully 2nd, in suite 7330

Leagues of a difference!

I know many rant on here about these fab aft ext balconies, we really disliked it!

It was so far from everything, the cabin itself too small, the balcony yes, big, but overcrowded with loungers we didnt use and VERY stuffy, (no air)

We had been swithering a while back to change it to a suite but our suite for our 2nd leg never became available, so thought, ok, lets try this aft extnd..

By day 2 we went to the desk to ask for a suite..no joy..full.

Thankfully, our 2nd leg was in a suite and phew...relief.

SPACE SPACE SPACE!!!

Lovely layout. Great vanity space, great wardrobe space and the bathrooms with jacuzzi tub are terrific. I was surprised how good the jet tub was, most hotel type jet tubs arent that great, these really were nice jets!

Balcony, is long and narrow as opposed to the square of 8450 but prob as big.

Location, mid ship, way better!

I guess it depends on importance of space, we are only two, but for us, space is everything. We cant sleep well in tight spaces, and just need that ambience. Its been a long time since we did a regular sized cabin, but wont be doing it again, just too crammed.

And the view. The wake, yes, its lovely, for the first day, but after eight days ....:eek: Notihng to see in ports, no people watching... loved being back on the side on the 2nd leg.

Suite wins HANDS DOWN!!

I'd rather upgrade my cruiseline than upgrade my cabin. I can't stand to spend a lot more money just for extra space. It's hard enough to get me to book a balcony cabin, although we did have one on our last cruise in December on a Princess ship.

Keep in mind that a "suite" on Carnival is hardly "the suite life". Yes, its a bigger room with a tub and bigger balcony, but the perks that really define a suite are non existent. For a true suite experience you really need to look at other cruise lines.

My mother in law described her "suite" experience on Carnival as a "suite" experience at the Hampton Inn. About all you get is a bigger room.

Keep in mind that a "suite" on Carnival is hardly "the suite life". Yes, its a bigger room with a tub and bigger balcony, but the perks that really define a suite are non existent. For a true suite experience you really need to look at other cruise lines.

My mother in law described her "suite" experience on Carnival as a "suite" experience at the Hampton Inn. About all you get is a bigger room.

Very true.

On Carnival, I think the only perk is VIP boarding which really isnt much of a perk. However, Carnival's suite prices are reflective of this.

On Celebrity, we had Butlers and I cant remember what else aside from the usual canape stuff and vip

RCI - no Butlers, we had the royal suite, and our cabin steward on Carnival on the aft extnd, was way better than the cabin steward on RCI in the Royal suite! they did have that free lounge, but we never used it, more ambience in a library.

We have a suite booked with Costa and surprisingly, their perks are really extensive.....

BUT you are spot on, with Carnival, you are buying space..

For us... thats a total essential. Just cant sleep or breathe happily without that extra space. Just feel so uncomfortable in a crammed cabin. I guess as we travel for around 18 - 21 days, we are usually overloaded with luggage, different climate travelling clothes etc, to us, its worth paying the extra for space alone.

On a shorter cruise, with little luggage, some may be just as happy on Carnival in a smaller cabin...

Guess its all down to the individual.

I would say though, our actual suite on Carnival, was NICER than our suite on Carnival M Class ships... there you go :)

I have to agree with everyone else about the "suite" experience on Carnival. We had an Ocean Suite on The Magic when we did the Med cruise last October. Our suite was on deck 7 mid ship so it was very quiet with cabins above and below us. The cabin is very big but my favorite part was the bathroom. There was so much space and I loved the whirlpool tub that had a great shower. There was also a seperate dressing area that had a mirror and stool so you could be doing your hair or makeup while someone was in the bathroom.

As for suite perks the only thing we got was priority boarding and that was a joke as there were so many VIP's on our cruise that the non VIPS boarded before us. If you really want suite perks look at NCL and other lines as they really know how to do it right. We had a two bedroom two bath suite on NCL's The Pearl and it was the best cabin I have ever been in. The bathroom was to die for as there were huge picture windows above the tub and floor to ceiling window along the seperate shower. The best part was the private restaurant for breakfast and lunch along with an espresso machine in your cabin. You also had a butler that would bring snacks each afternoon. Now that is a "suite experience" that you will not soon forget.

We had a two bedroom two bath suite on NCL's The Pearl and it was the best cabin I have ever been in. The bathroom was to die for as there were huge picture windows above the tub and floor to ceiling window along the seperate shower. The best part was the private restaurant for breakfast and lunch along with an espresso machine in your cabin. You also had a butler that would bring snacks each afternoon. Now that is a "suite experience" that you will not soon forget.
As was the price?

As was the price?

It depends on where you live! We only book suites and there is no "suite life" on Carnival. We flew to San Juan a few weeks ago and cruised the Victory in a GS. We stayed one night pre-cruise at the Intercontinental (via priceline) and 2 nights at the Caribe Hilton (also priceline) post cruise. The cost of that trip with airfare was the same thing it will cost me to stay in a Haven Villa 15 minutes from my house on a 9 Day Cariibban cruise. Yes I have already booked it. We have done it before and loved it, thought we would give Carnival one more shot. Maybe the Miracle someday again but defintely never again on the Victory.

Cant compare NCL suites to Carnival. Or the price. My favorite cruise ever was on NCL in the 5000 sq foot garden villa. But it was almost $15,000 for the week.

Agreed that you don't get the same, and also agree on the difference in the price. That was my point to the Op. In the end, it is all about choice and whether the added benefits (features you get on NCL suites, among others) are worth the difference. We have sailed every type of room on Carnival except inside and cove balcony. Do suites offer the same features (read that as benefits) as NCL.... no way. But even the Captain's Suite on the Libery was a third of the cost as NCL's best. Apples to apples I guess is what I would say to prospective suite buyers.

Of course for the CCL price, we liked the larger cabin. I would LOVE to pay a lot more to try a suite on a different cruise line with a butler, etc, but like departing from New Orleans and only CCL cruises during the summer there.

For us VIP embarking was fabulous, with the non VIP line stretching down the street and around the corner. We walked right in, sat down in the VIP check in room and were on board in about 10/15 minutes.

I agree with others about suites on Carnival. They are a bit of a joke, but lets keep things into perspective. Its a budget cruise so lavish suites with butlers, concierge, etc, dont really have a reason to exist on Carnival.

We just came back last week from 14 nights on Freedom (B2B)

First leg, we were in aft ext 8450

and thankfully 2nd, in suite 7330

Leagues of a difference!

I know many rant on here about these fab aft ext balconies, we really disliked it!

It was so far from everything, the cabin itself too small, the balcony yes, big, but overcrowded with loungers we didnt use and VERY stuffy, (no air)

We had been swithering a while back to change it to a suite but our suite for our 2nd leg never became available, so thought, ok, lets try this aft extnd..

By day 2 we went to the desk to ask for a suite..no joy..full.

Thankfully, our 2nd leg was in a suite and phew...relief.

SPACE SPACE SPACE!!!

Lovely layout. Great vanity space, great wardrobe space and the bathrooms with jacuzzi tub are terrific. I was surprised how good the jet tub was, most hotel type jet tubs arent that great, these really were nice jets!

Balcony, is long and narrow as opposed to the square of 8450 but prob as big.

Location, mid ship, way better!

I guess it depends on importance of space, we are only two, but for us, space is everything. We cant sleep well in tight spaces, and just need that ambience. Its been a long time since we did a regular sized cabin, but wont be doing it again, just too crammed.

And the view. The wake, yes, its lovely, for the first day, but after eight days ....:eek: Notihng to see in ports, no people watching... loved being back on the side on the 2nd leg.

Suite wins HANDS DOWN!!

I believe I read your review (about the two cabins in comparison) and that made me change my mind about the aft. While we love our balcony we do spend a good amount of time in the cabin....relaxing, hanging out together without the crowds! And I thought what you said about the two were the things I was concerned about, airflow on the balcony and the same old view day after day. I love coming into port and watching the action on the dock, and the breezes on a side balcony are what make them so comfortable.

I have explored the web looking for photos of the OS's to see just how much extra room there is to help me decide. I came across a few (none of 7317 on the Valor) but others of the same category, and I liked what I saw. Thanks for your input, because some days I simply can't make up my own mind....

I agree with others about suites on Carnival. They are a bit of a joke, but lets keep things into perspective. Its a budget cruise so lavish suites with butlers, concierge, etc, dont really have a reason to exist on Carnival.

So true...the only perk I really care about is a better cabin. I wouldn't know what to do with a butler!

I believe I read your review (about the two cabins in comparison) and that made me change my mind about the aft. While we love our balcony we do spend a good amount of time in the cabin....relaxing, hanging out together without the crowds! And I thought what you said about the two were the things I was concerned about, airflow on the balcony and the same old view day after day. I love coming into port and watching the action on the dock, and the breezes on a side balcony are what make them so comfortable.

I have explored the web looking for photos of the OS's to see just how much extra room there is to help me decide. I came across a few (none of 7317 on the Valor) but others of the same category, and I liked what I saw. Thanks for your input, because some days I simply can't make up my own mind....

Take a look at the Captain's suite on the Valor.

So true...the only perk I really care about is a better cabin. I wouldn't know what to do with a butler!

We had butler service on an AI in Punta Cana. I tried to find ways of getting rid of the butler. Kind of struck me as weird, him hovering around...

We had butler service on an AI in Punta Cana. I tried to find ways of getting rid of the butler. Kind of struck me as weird, him hovering around...

right...I would hate having someone following me around as if I were helpless. Privacy is more important than having someone 'fetch' my things.

Archived