share your 'suite' experience....how sweet was your suite?

Lily429

There is a link in my signature where I compare suites across different lines.

Bottom line: "suites" on Carnival are among the least expensive in the industry, and you get what you pay for. That does not mean that we won't sail in them (evidenced by our aft corner suite on the Legend later this year), but we appreciate the extra touches which other lines offer --- even factoring in that we pay more for it.

On our Celebrity Eclipse cruise which we arrived home from on Saturday, we enjoyed breakfast on our balcony on 5 mornings. The ample sized dining table out there was set with a white table cloth and all the necessary stuff by our butler. Eggs Benedict seems to taste better under those circumstances. The cold cereal, toast, bagels, salmon, (etc) offerings on Carnival are (at least in my opinion) a JOKE!! Again though, you don't get what you don't pay for.

Tom

There is a link in my signature where I compare suites across different lines.

Bottom line: "suites" on Carnival are among the least expensive in the industry, and you get what you pay for. That does not mean that we won't sail in them (evidenced by our aft corner suite on the Legend later this year), but we appreciate the extra touches which other lines offer --- even factoring in that we pay more for it.

On our Celebrity Eclipse cruise which we arrived home from on Saturday, we enjoyed breakfast on our balcony on 5 mornings. The ample sized dining table out there was set with a white table cloth and all the necessary stuff by our butler. Eggs Benedict seems to taste better under those circumstances. The cold cereal, toast, bagels, salmon, (etc) offerings on Carnival are (at least in my opinion) a JOKE!! Again though, you don't get what you don't pay for.

Tom

Your comparison is great and have used it (I must remember to send you the check in the mail;)) for people who are looking at suites. Nice job!

Your comparison is great and have used it (I must remember to send you the check in the mail;)) for people who are looking at suites. Nice job!

I can't recall if I ever gave you my address for that. If not, just drop me a line! :D

Tom

I would say though, our actual suite on Carnival, was NICER than our suite on Carnival M Class ships... there you go :)

Do you mean Celebrity M class?

Very true Carnival suites don't come with much of anything in the way of perks. I had a grand suite on the Imagination, it was really not that nice. A big boxy room but it did have a bathroom with tub (small bathroom!) and some granite countertops here & there in the suite. A walk in closet.

The suite my parents had on the Pride was gorgeous. Now in my mind THAT was a suite.

I have to agree with everyone else about the "suite" experience on Carnival. We had an Ocean Suite on The Magic when we did the Med cruise last October. Our suite was on deck 7 mid ship so it was very quiet with cabins above and below us. The cabin is very big but my favorite part was the bathroom. There was so much space and I loved the whirlpool tub that had a great shower. There was also a seperate dressing area that had a mirror and stool so you could be doing your hair or makeup while someone was in the bathroom.

As for suite perks the only thing we got was priority boarding and that was a joke as there were so many VIP's on our cruise that the non VIPS boarded before us. If you really want suite perks look at NCL and other lines as they really know how to do it right. We had a two bedroom two bath suite on NCL's The Pearl and it was the best cabin I have ever been in. The bathroom was to die for as there were huge picture windows above the tub and floor to ceiling window along the seperate shower. The best part was the private restaurant for breakfast and lunch along with an espresso machine in your cabin. You also had a butler that would bring snacks each afternoon. Now that is a "suite experience" that you will not soon forget.

We had one of those as well on the Dawn. Beautiful bathroom....except when you're in port. Those picture windows leave something to be desired in you're docked right next to another vessel. Picture a group of Italian officers standing 20 feet next to you in the shower, LOL! Thankfully there is the second bathroom.

I believe I read your review (about the two cabins in comparison) and that made me change my mind about the aft. While we love our balcony we do spend a good amount of time in the cabin....relaxing, hanging out together without the crowds! And I thought what you said about the two were the things I was concerned about, airflow on the balcony and the same old view day after day. I love coming into port and watching the action on the dock, and the breezes on a side balcony are what make them so comfortable.

I have explored the web looking for photos of the OS's to see just how much extra room there is to help me decide. I came across a few (none of 7317 on the Valor) but others of the same category, and I liked what I saw. Thanks for your input, because some days I simply can't make up my own mind....

7317 will be starboard yes? I am pretty sure we were port side in 7330. You will be looking at identical suite then to the one I was in. Honest, if you look at youtube, look at a Celebrity sky suite, Carnivals suites are bigger. There is a lovely vanity area between the actual bathroom and the suite itself which to me, made ALL the difference. Loads of space!! And dont even think about noise from elevators etc, the way the deck plans look, and how it actually is, there is a gap between the elevator space and the cabin hallways.

If I remember rightly, I googled youtube, and try Freedom 7322 or 7326, think I found one of them... if I find it will give you the link.

Even if I was not booking a suite, I would not book the aft again... as I say, clearly some people love it... for us...no, we ended up jamming a towel in the balcony door to get some air it was so stuffy.

Mid ship deck 7, it was so easy to get everywhere on the ship.

To us, it was just perfect., great location, great size, plenty space, plenty air, on our cruise would have been better to have been starboard than port but thats hindsight just happened to be the better viewing side.

Loads of cupboard space, mirrors, lights, its just lovely!

Go for it!!!:D

Do you mean Celebrity M class?

Very true Carnival suites don't come with much of anything in the way of perks. I had a grand suite on the Imagination, it was really not that nice. A big boxy room but it did have a bathroom with tub (small bathroom!) and some granite countertops here & there in the suite. A walk in closet.

The suite my parents had on the Pride was gorgeous. Now in my mind THAT was a suite.

Yes, M class - Ocean suite on Freedom was bigger and much nicer than sky suite in M class

Although...penthouse on M class...ahhhhhhhhhhhh dream on :D have been there with friends, but unless I win the lottery, wont ever be my key lol!!

Royal suite on RCI explorer of the seas, never again, worst ever!!:eek: Once in a lifetime, and biggest regret....

No, the ocean suite for us on Carnival was just "right"..

just the two of us, plenty space, nice furnishings and ambience, ticked all the boxes for us. :)

We had one of those as well on the Dawn. Beautiful bathroom....except when you're in port. Those picture windows leave something to be desired in you're docked right next to another vessel. Picture a group of Italian officers standing 20 feet next to you in the shower, LOL! Thankfully there is the second bathroom.

Can I please picture the Italian Officers, 20 feet next to me, in THEIR shower instead? ;)

On a ship, two things I love about Butler service, unpacking and packing!

Land vacation, we are regular Sandals guests and have been having the same butlers for years so well switched on to that, but on the ship.... not really a great benefit. Aside from the one thing I HATE doing...unpacking..

I have zero problem what so ever in a Butler sorting out my "stuff"... can do what he/she likes... That feeling of "there's the cases, thats his side, this is my side - I'm off to get a drink"..bliss!

Aside from that, on a cruise ship, have had better cabin stewards than Butlers...

Had a right toffee nosed one once (whom I think fancied my husband)... every day I had to bide my tongue as I thought I'd smack him before the end of the cruise!:D

I know you all can't see me but I am doing the HAPPY DANCE right now!!!! Don't care about the superficial perks, we just want more room to dance....:D

OH LILY so wish I could should you a video I have!!! Dancing in the cabin.... for sure it would make you dance LOL!!! And no - its NOT going on youtube:eek:

We had an ocean suite on our honeymoon cruise aboard the Liberty last year.

We absolutely loved it! I really enjoyed being "VIP" and getting to board before almost everyone else. To me, that was a huge perk! I hate waiting in lines. :)

Having only sailed in interior rooms prior to our honeymoon, the suite felt massive. We loved the balcony, and I really got a lot of use out of the room next to the bathroom.

One thing to keep in mind, if you are going to use the jetted tub while in port, you might want to ask the cabin steward if it's ok to use it. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I tried to use the tub while we were in Puerto Rico, and we had an unfortunate overflow of raw sewage come out of the drain near the toilet. :eek: It was NASTY. And the only explanation we got was that they were flushing the system or something and our steward was supposed inform us but he forgot. Oh well. Other than that, the suite was definitely worth the price.

We didn't have a lounger but there was plenty of room for the 2 of us to sit comfortably.

OH LILY so wish I could should you a video I have!!! Dancing in the cabin.... for sure it would make you dance LOL!!! And no - its NOT going on youtube:eek:

Oh, I can imagine....sounds like you guys know how to have fun!:cool:

I'll take an aft wrap over a suite ANY day. We've had 4 suites but really couldn't justify the expense, for no more time than we spent in the room. They're nice....some nicer than others. The "whirlpool tub" is so small that it's not very comfortable to use... We are shower people anyway. Obviously, some people love suites and will have nothing else. We enjoyed ours, but not enough to book it again (since we discovered aft wraps!!). So I guess I'll say, congratulations on your first suite. It will be nice, but you may or may not want another one. Only one way to find out! Enjoy! :)

I'll take an aft wrap over a suite ANY day. We've had 4 suites but really couldn't justify the expense, for no more time than we spent in the room. They're nice....some nicer than others. The "whirlpool tub" is so small that it's not very comfortable to use... We are shower people anyway. Obviously, some people love suites and will have nothing else. We enjoyed ours, but not enough to book it again (since we discovered aft wraps!!). So I guess I'll say, congratulations on your first suite. It will be nice, but you may or may not want another one. Only one way to find out! Enjoy! :)

I can appreciate that, I would love an aft wrap....but as a family of 3 we need indoor space as well as outdoor space...and aft wraps are only available to parties of 2! So, the jacuzzi tub will be greatly appreciated by our DD (turning 9 on this cruise). She requested a cabin we can dance in....this will more than likely be our one and only OS as they are out of our price range. This time we decided to put the OBC's towards the OS rather than spend it onboard.

• 2 months later...

We had a Suite on the Oasis of the Seas, I think it was just one of the junior ones, not the super duper fabulous ones. It was okay, didnt think it was amazing or anything. I actually like the suites better on Carnival :)

Archived