2012 Celebrity Wine List (Main Dining Rooms)

Sloop-JohnB

Does anyone know what the House white and red wines are and how much they cost?

There are no "house wines". If you look at the wine list posted above there are a few relatively inexpensive reds and whites available by the bottle or glass that would be the closest to a "house" wine.

Thanks Sloop-John B. I hope you don't mind since I copied your posts and created a PDF file for easier printing.

Thanks again

Thank YOU for creating a superb and easy to use PDF!

Your time and caring is truly appreciated!

gct

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that the list says "MDR".. is there a different list for the specialty restaurants? We are celebrating an anniversary in Normandie with 14 of us and wanted to buy a few bottles of sparkling wine. I see that there are several options for under $50 per bottle on these lists, but my parents said that when they ate in Murano about the Century last summer, there was nothing even CLOSE to that on the wine list they were given. Could we buy a wine package for ourselves, chose the sparkling wine on that list, then have it brought to Normandie for our dinner?

I notice that the list says "MDR".. is there a different list for the specialty restaurants? We are celebrating an anniversary in Normandie with 14 of us and wanted to buy a few bottles of sparkling wine. I see that there are several options for under $50 per bottle on these lists, but my parents said that when they ate in Murano about the Century last summer, there was nothing even CLOSE to that on the wine list they were given. Could we buy a wine package for ourselves, chose the sparkling wine on that list, then have it brought to Normandie for our dinner?

You can buy any wine sold in the MDR at any of the specialty restaurants. The night before you go to Normandie, look at the MDR wine list and write down what you want. They can get it in Normandie, even if it isn't on the menu.

If you have a wine package, they also can serve any wine that's available in the MDR on your package. You don't have to bring it with you.

• 3 weeks later...

There are different lists for the specialty restaurants although there is a bit of duplication between the lists. You can definitely have an open bottle of wine from the MDR retrieved in the specialty restaurant - although you might want to stop by early in the evening and ask about this (or any special wine order from another bar or dining room) in order to save time and make it easier on the staff. It might be difficult for them to find time to run to the other restaurant and back at busy times.

By the way - here is the latest MDR wine list from our Eclipse March 9, 2013 sailing just completed:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

Edited by Lsimon

• 2 months later...

I think they dropped the price for some of the wines. Just came back from a cruise on Reflection and opted for Caymus Special Selection 2010 for 154.00 (which I paid 120.00 locally) and Opus One 2009 for 217.00 (which I paid 210.00 locally). I would consider both of these bargains especially I got the 20% discount. The Opus One is not on the MDR wine list but they looked it up and brought it up from the Murano.

• 1 month later...

Is there a price list for the Taste of the Vineyard packages?

I am helping out a friend..

Is this the package that is available in 3 5 7 bottle purchases? Or do you buy by the bottle?

Can you wait and purchase once on board?

Can both pax order a package, say one order a Classic and one a Premium pkg?

Any info would be great!

Edited by kimanjo

I don't think there is a fix price for the Taste of the Vineyard. There is really no advantage of signing up online in advance for any of the wine packages. As a matter of fact, just board early, have lunch and then decide what package is best for you, they have tables set up outside the restaurant and at bars to help you sign up. As a bonus, classic package will give you 20% discount on any bottle of wine and premium package will give you 30%, that is if you do not like the included free wine. If you are picky and you do not want the classic or premium package, the build your own package is not bad since you get 15% discount, however there is a 3 bottles minimum. But if you like nice wine, that would be a good option. By nice wine, I mean the like of Opus One for domestic and at least 2nd growth for Bordeaux, though I found that you get a much better deal with domestic.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Does anyone have a Blu restaurant wine by the glass menu? We have the classic package and are trying if it is worth upgrading to Premium based on the wine slection.

While I do not have the list based on my experience it is well worth the upgrade. You can also find wines by the glass at the wine bar (Cellar Masters) and take that with. The Sommelier was very helpful and accommodating.

• 6 months later...
While I do not have the list based on my experience it is well worth the upgrade. You can also find wines by the glass at the wine bar (Cellar Masters) and take that with. The Sommelier was very helpful and accommodating.

Our group of four experienced wine drinkers (not oenophiles) found that upgrading to the premium package was wasted money. The wine and alcohol were totally acceptable on the classic package. In fact, there was a carmenere from Chile that we ordered a case of when we arrived home.

That is a huge amount of work. Do those prices include the 15% gratuity? And if you have the 123GO promotion do you have to pay the 15% on top?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

When you have the drink package either thru the 123GO or paid for, the 15% service fee is included, you don't pay it again. Whilst the package includes it, I don't think the drink menu prices include it, so if you paid as you go, a drink listed as $8 would in effect cost $8 + 15% , so $9.20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thank you so much for posting the wine lists. I very much appreciate it! I am quite looking forward to our first cruise on the Silhouette in March. We have the classic beverage package, but I assume we would not have access to Nickel and Nickel, Far Niente or wines in this price range for example? Or would we need to upgrade to premium? What about port and champagne? Can we get wine by the bottle? And finally, do you tip the Sommelier and how much?

Thank you so much for posting the wine lists. I very much appreciate it! I am quite looking forward to our first cruise on the Silhouette in March. We have the classic beverage package, but I assume we would not have access to Nickel and Nickel, Far Niente or wines in this price range for example? Or would we need to upgrade to premium? What about port and champagne? Can we get wine by the bottle? And finally, do you tip the Sommelier and how much?

I don't have the list for the premium package "by the glass", but if you like Nickel & Nickel and that price range of wine, you would have to buy by the bottle. The best price is to get 3 bottles and get 15% discount, but the markup on Nickel and similar Napa wine like Caymus is close to 100%. I also found out that the discount is flexible and up to the cellar master, I got several bottles of Opus One a bit cheaper than I can buy them back home. You will have to pay 18% gratuity on everything you buy, so you can tip extra if service is really good.

Yes, I saw it was old, but I assumed it was an indication of the quality of wine I could expect to have available on our cruise. Am I correct to assume? Is there an updated list on this board somewhere?

But my questions are still the same.

I don't have the list for the premium package "by the glass", but if you like Nickel & Nickel and that price range of wine, you would have to buy by the bottle. The best price is to get 3 bottles and get 15% discount, but the markup on Nickel and similar Napa wine like Caymus is close to 100%. I also found out that the discount is flexible and up to the cellar master, I got several bottles of Opus One a bit cheaper than I can buy them back home. You will have to pay 18% gratuity on everything you buy, so you can tip extra if service is really good.

Is wine by the bottle offered with a beverage package? We have the basic but are considering upgrading.