2012 Celebrity Wine List (Main Dining Rooms)

Sloop-JohnB

My goodness, THANKS for such hard, tedious work to get this done for our shared benefit! Half the fun of cruising...or maybe 1/4 :) is the planning and anticipating. We are going with the premium package and plan to spend some pleasant time in examining your lists and thinking about what we will try.

Appreciate you!

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Would like to say a great big thank you for all this info - it's much appreciated as hubby only drinks beer and a bit of wine but I'll enjoy it. Looking forward to it now. many thanks.

Thanks Sloop-John B. I hope you don't mind since I copied your posts and created a PDF file for easier printing.

Thanks again

Thanks! Unfortunately, I printed off the entire forum before coming to your message. That would have made it a lot simpler!

Dear Sloop John B! What an extraordinary job. I'm sure this is much appreciated by everyone, including me. This was just what I was looking for. March 2013 will be our first Solstice cruise to Australia/New Zealand - 12 nights with 7 days at sea. We have always sailed Oceania, which had a lenient alcohol policy - you can bring your own wine/liquor to drink in your stateroom.

We are expecting a large bar bill, so have preordered a premium wine package for dinner. Glad to hear it worked out well for you. I came to this site to ask if anyone had experience with the beverage packages and if they were worth the price. We're thinking of getting the classic package for liquor - rather than pay by the drink. Also the 7 bottle premium wine package for dinners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2012 CELEBRITY CRUISES WINE LIST (PART I)

MAIN DINING ROOM

WINES BY THE GLASS

NON-ALCOHOLIC WINES

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, SPARKLING, Brut, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, CHARDONNAY, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, PREMIUM RED, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

Thanks for posting these wine lists, my companions will be very interested! I'm not able to drink alcohol, but occasionally I have a glass of non-alcoholic wine - do you know whether these only available with wine packages, or would they also be available on the non-alcoholic packages?

Thanks John this is a brilliant post and the pdf version posted was also most helpful.

Can you direct me to the package pricing and what you get for the money. I saw from an earlier post that passengers were able to negotiate package prices down between 10 to 30% on the first day when they were doing the hard sell...on some voyages, not sure about all!

We usually have a few glasses before dinner and then a bottle with the meal and have struggled to be convinced that we could save from a package but lots of people buy them so there must be a reason.

I am reasonably experienced in buying a good wine and am prepared to look beyond the US brands in seeking value for money and quality. We sail on the Silhouette next month back to back.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting these wine lists, my companions will be very interested! I'm not able to drink alcohol, but occasionally I have a glass of non-alcoholic wine - do you know whether these only available with wine packages, or would they also be available on the non-alcoholic packages?

Just had this response from Celebrity:

"Unfortunately, non alcoholic wines are not part of either of our non alcoholic packages. This is due to the cost per drink being more for non alcoholic wine than for the other beverages listed in the package. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your understanding."

I hadn't know that you could get non-alcoholic wine until I saw this thread, so thanks very much for that! :D

Just had this response from Celebrity:

"Unfortunately, non alcoholic wines are not part of either of our non alcoholic packages. This is due to the cost per drink being more for non alcoholic wine than for the other beverages listed in the package. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your understanding."

I hadn't know that you could get non-alcoholic wine until I saw this thread, so thanks very much for that! :D

This is inconsistent. I've known cruisers, or read reports, where these items have been provided as part of the premium packages and others where they have not. If this is important then check it out on board before buying the package. This is one of those areas where the actual practice on board may vary from what customer service makes up.

This is inconsistent. I've known cruisers, or read reports, where these items have been provided as part of the premium packages and others where they have not. If this is important then check it out on board before buying the package. This is one of those areas where the actual practice on board may vary from what customer service makes up.

Thanks Larry - not crucial, didn't even know they were available until I read this thread. I'll drink more ordinary non-alcoholic drinks than non-alco wine, so while I'll ask on board, it won't break my heart (or the bank!) if I have to pay separately. I don't think one glass each evening is going to be too difficult :)

Edited by willow148

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
thanks to all that did this list, now i may just be a little Blonde but can someone explain the priceing to me Eg $111 (130) $37 (1425) i actuall thought at first that the First fiqure was per glass than the second per bottle,, but as you can see by the first example it would be much cheaper by the bottle,,,than I thought maybe the year,, but still cant work it out,,,

Hi everyone. I'm new! Planning a July '12 Bermuda cruise with friends aboard the Summit. I am wondering about the same thing mutleytex asked. Are those numbers maybe the bin number, to assist with ordering easily?

We're trying to decide what kind of beverage packages to order. Knowing what is potentially available by the glass at the $8 and $12 price points, as well as bottle prices, is a huge help.

Thank you so much, Sloop-JohnB!

Hi everyone. I'm new! Planning a July '12 Bermuda cruise with friends aboard the Summit. I am wondering about the same thing mutleytex asked. Are those numbers maybe the bin number, to assist with ordering easily?

We're trying to decide what kind of beverage packages to order. Knowing what is potentially available by the glass at the $8 and $12 price points, as well as bottle prices, is a huge help.

Thank you so much, Sloop-JohnB!

On the pages with the bottle price the 1st number is the price, the # in () is the vin #.

Mary Lou

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, great list thanks John B. We are on our first Celebrity cruise in March, heard horrendous stories about the cheapest wine on Solstice - $79, But I note from the list, plenty under that. The house Chardie for $29 will do us !

Don't mind the Sutter wine either, visited their winery when I was in San Francisco last May, good value they are.

I reckon Celebrity will be very happy with the booze sales on Solstice during its forthcoming Australasia season. We don't mind a cold one on a hot day, heh, heh.

Now anybody got a Celebrity beer list for one of our travel companions?

Edited by NSWP

:D

Yes, great list thanks John B. We are on our first Celebrity cruise in March, heard horrendous stories about the cheapest wine on Solstice - $79, But I note from the list, plenty under that. The house Chardie for $29 will do us !

Don't mind the Sutter wine either, visited their winery when I was in San Francisco last May, good value they are.

I reckon Celebrity will be very happy with the booze sales on Solstice during its forthcoming Australasia season. We don't mind a cold one on a hot day, heh, heh.

Now anybody got a Celebrity beer list for one of our travel companions?

Hi Les...

We are first timers on Celebrity as well...doing the cruise immediately before you...so no doubt they will need to restock when we get back to "Sydeny". :D

I have found this list useful in deciding whether to get a package ($44/night) or go ad hoc...not made a decision yet...but $44 = 1 x bottle of wine ($29) + 3 x beers, or on a hot day = 9 x beers.

There is actually a list of beers,ales, Belgians and Lagers.... but no XXXX or VB...just some Coopers rubbish :p

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

• 2 months later...

Hi I was looking at the wine pacages and wondered what the 2013 list is looking like and when they say a classic package of 3 bottles from... what do they mean by from ? does the price vary on what you choose ?

Many thanks for any help

Hi I was looking at the wine pacages and wondered what the 2013 list is looking like and when they say a classic package of 3 bottles from... what do they mean by from ? does the price vary on what you choose ?

Many thanks for any help

Post No. 11 on this thread shows the portion of the wine list you choose the packages from. Package prices are fixed. Also, the prices on this list are still representative of the current prices on board.

Thanks for the response so just to clarify - if the 3 bottle package cost say 100$ I can choose any three from the list for my say 100$ - the 3 bottle package will not cost more dependant on what wine I choose from the list provided for the classic wines?

Correct, but look over the individual prices before buying a package. I've read that with some selections the packages offer no discount at all.

Thanks Larry

I had a look at the prices of the wine - if you are happy with the "houseW wines at 30$ they indeed do not offer a discount.. so I think I will hang on with this...

Happy cruising Larry

HI CRUISER SUSIE & LSIMON,

As I say more to come... BLU & The Specialty Restaurants... won't be far behind.

BLU's list is particulary intersting as all the wines have notations in regards to either being Organic, Biodynamic or Sustainable.

Hope you both enjoy your upcoming cruise on the Equinox.

Cheers!

PS... Larry have been enjoying your Photo Album, as I plan / anticipate my next cruise. You have great photos of the Summit Aft Cabins... am already excited (just 11-1/2 more months to go)

Did I miss the BLU's and the specialty restaurant's list?

• 3 weeks later...
The 2013 package prices are the same as 2012 so I am thinking the individual bottle prices should be the same. I will be on Eclipse in 11 days so we will see.

Hi, We drink mainly wine so when we look at the packages the wine by the glass offerings and their prices are key. I noticed that in another wine list the Kendall Jackson pinot noir by the glass is 8 and others reported the price as 8.5 which would move it up to the Premium package.

Also a recent cruiser said that if you have the premium package you can buy any bottle of wine at a 30 per cent discount.

If any current/ soon to cruise wine lovers can get up to date info on the wine prices it would be great.

Thanks.

Edited by happy cruzer