Suite amenities package

Pam in KY

We have purchased the suite amenities package (Eurodam) and were told that we could not make the wine/liquor request or Pinnacle Grill dinner reservation that comes with the package until on board. Who do we need to see for those? I am concerned by the comments I have read that sometimes the Pinnacle Grill fills up before sailing. We already have paid for one dinner at the Pinnacle Grill. If we are unable to get reservations for the one that goes with the suite amenities package, will they refund the paid reservation and apply that one to the amenities package deal?

Leaving the 18th on our first cruise and are so excited!

We have purchased the suite amenities package (Eurodam) and were told that we could not make the wine/liquor request or Pinnacle Grill dinner reservation that comes with the package until on board. Who do we need to see for those? I am concerned by the comments I have read that sometimes the Pinnacle Grill fills up before sailing. We already have paid for one dinner at the Pinnacle Grill. If we are unable to get reservations for the one that goes with the suite amenities package, will they refund the paid reservation and apply that one to the amenities package deal?

Leaving the 18th on our first cruise and are so excited!

I can confirm part of this for you - They will definitely refund you the PG that you have paid for. no worries :D

Just make sure you bring your confirmation of your reservations and suite amenities package with you (just to be safe). There will be a gift card for your reserve and if you choose not to use it, it will definitely be refunded.

As for the package itself - As I understand it, there are normally a few PG spots reserved for suites, so I would think that if you have booked the suite amenity package that you should be able to still get a reserve. You can either go to the PG or dial 88 on your phone. I suspect when you get to your room, there will be instructions on how to reserve both your PG & order your wine/liquor in your 'gift' card.

I purchased the suite amenities package for our cruise in June. I also made the reservations for the Pinnacle for the last night of the cruise. I had to pay the full price for the Pinnacle.

The day after making the reservation, I called Seattle and was told that, once onboard, get the Front Desk to credit my account for the Pinnacle reservations from the Amenities Package. (I was concerned that since our dinner is on the last night, I would have to wait until after the dinner to get the credit - basically stand in line with everyone else!!!) She assured me that the credit could be applied immediately.

If you are in a suite, make friends with the Pinnacle Grill Manager. They tend to save a table or two for VIP last minute reservations. Mrs Banjo & I have snagged a reservation even at the last minute, on occasion, because we shmoozed with the manager. It is well worth the time & effort, particularly if the manager is a person you have met on a prior cruise!

If you are in a suite, make friends with the Pinnacle Grill Manager. They tend to save a table or two for VIP last minute reservations. Mrs Banjo & I have snagged a reservation even at the last minute, on occasion, because we shmoozed with the manager. It is well worth the time & effort, particularly if the manager is a person you have met on a prior cruise!

I was told by a HAL reservations rep that being in a Deluxe Suite you would always get a table at Pinnacle or Tamrind, even if they were booked. It's supposedly one of the "perks"

Yes, if you're in a deluxe suite you'll do much better getting into one of the specialty restaurants. To say you'll always get in might be a bit of a stretch but it certainly helps. Might point out that the OP is really talking about purchasing the suite amenities package which is kind of an almost in a deluxe suite alternative. You get some of the deluxe suite benefits but not all.

Yes, if you're in a deluxe suite you'll do much better getting into one of the specialty restaurants. To say you'll always get in might be a bit of a stretch but it certainly helps. Might point out that the OP is really talking about purchasing the suite amenities package which is kind of an almost in a deluxe suite alternative. You get some of the deluxe suite benefits but not all.

I always get so confused about what is a suite and what is not quite a suite? Mrs Banjo & I usually book a deluxe suite, anything else, we consider a cabin.... with a balcony or not, but still just a cabin. I guess I didn't realize that you can buy some of the perks and still be in a non suite cabin..... Boy am I out of touch!

I always get so confused about what is a suite and what is not quite a suite? Mrs Banjo & I usually book a deluxe suite, anything else, we consider a cabin.... with a balcony or not, but still just a cabin. I guess I didn't realize that you can buy some of the perks and still be in a non suite cabin..... Boy am I out of touch!

You are not out of touch. I really don't consider the Suites Amenities package to be getting the same 'perks' as the Deluxe Suite. It really is just a package of indulgences that are bundled. One does not get the Deluxe Suite perks like Neptune Lounge and invites to Captain's receptions. And one gets more than Deluxe Suites guests. No Deluxe Suite comes with beverage set-up. At least mine never did :-(.

Dennis

More often than not, it depends on the time you want the reservation in the Pinnacle. If you're working your schedule around the shows, you don't stand much of a chance. However, if your open to any time slot available, usually you can get a reservation. ;)

It's also hard to figure out the demand for the PG cruise to cruise. We cruise almost exactly the same period of time every year, mostly in the Caribbean, not a lot of young families, and usually on R or S class ships so those are more or less constants yet we've had cruises where you could get into the PG for dinner without a problem yet others where it was booked solid. It's just hard to tell.

Archived