Gifts and Gear Charges

kruzerci

I bought a bottle of wine to be delivered to our cabin on embarkation day so we can have a couple glasses of Chardonnay for sailaway.

I placed the order about a week ago but my credit card hasn't been charged and I can't see the order anywhere on my cruises. Is that normal? I don't even have a confirmation number to call and ask if the order was successfully placed.

I bought a bottle of wine to be delivered to our cabin on embarkation day so we can have a couple glasses of Chardonnay for sailaway.

I placed the order about a week ago but my credit card hasn't been charged and I can't see the order anywhere on my cruises. Is that normal? I don't even have a confirmation number to call and ask if the order was successfully placed.

When I bought my wine package, they sent me an e-mail confirming it.

I would call them and see if it has been done, if not , order it again, and get an email confirmation to take with you on the cruise.

My adult kids ordered some things for my birthday, they didn't get a confirmation and I didn't get anything for my birthday. They were very upset, but nothing could be done and the credit card was not charged.

I would call Gifts & Gear 800 722-5443 if they don't have a record of your purchase they can take it by phone and send you an e-mail to take with you..Good luck !

I have made a few seperate purchases through gifts and gear for our upcoming cruise - soda package, excursion, etc. For each purchase, we have received an e-mail confirmation from RCI and our card was charged. I print out each confirmation and have it with our paperwork to take on the cruise. This way, I can prove that the purchases have been confirmed and paid if there should be any discrepencies once we board. If I were you, I would do as others have said and call to confirm.

After checking my inbox, I found this. It doesn't say what I ordered, though, and it seems strange my credit card hasnt been charged all week.

"Thanks for placing an order for Royal Caribbean's Shop Gifts & Gear merchandise.

We have received the order form that was submitted on RoyalCaribbean.com for Reservation Number *******. Please note that your order is confirmed unless otherwise notified. We will contact you via email/phone if further information is necessary.

We know your vacation time is precious and appreciate that you chose Royal Caribbean for your vacation plans.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean Shop Gifts & Gear"

After checking my inbox, I found this. It doesn't say what I ordered, though, and it seems strange my credit card hasnt been charged all week.

"Thanks for placing an order for Royal Caribbean's Shop Gifts & Gear merchandise.

We have received the order form that was submitted on RoyalCaribbean.com for Reservation Number *******. Please note that your order is confirmed unless otherwise notified. We will contact you via email/phone if further information is necessary.

We know your vacation time is precious and appreciate that you chose Royal Caribbean for your vacation plans.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean Shop Gifts & Gear"

I had the same thing happen to me. I had ordered chocolate strawberries to be delivered to my kids' cabin. I also ordered the soda packages the same day. Was charged for the soda package, not the strawberries, even though I got that same e-mail. I called gifts and gear and they had absolutley no record of the strawberry order. They were able to take my information over the phone and I asked them to send an email that would show what I had ordered. They did and the card was charged. I would call - it sounds like your order never went through.

The exact thing happened to me. I had ordered the items on line but I didn't get a receipt other than a generic email thanking me for my order. Sounded funny...so I called Royal Caribbean and they had no record of my order. I checked my credit card statement and i had not been charged. So I re-ordered it over the phone. The receipt I received after I phoned in showed an itemized list of the things I purchased. If you don't get a receipt showing exactly what you purchased and for what stateroom...then you need to call Royal to make sure it went through.

• 10 months later...
The exact thing happened to me. I had ordered the items on line but I didn't get a receipt other than a generic email thanking me for my order. Sounded funny...so I called Royal Caribbean and they had no record of my order. I checked my credit card statement and i had not been charged. So I re-ordered it over the phone. The receipt I received after I phoned in showed an itemized list of the things I purchased. If you don't get a receipt showing exactly what you purchased and for what stateroom...then you need to call Royal to make sure it went through.

I'm currently going through the EXACT same issue here!! :mad: I have just gotten off the phone with Gifts & Gear department and of course, they said that they didn't see any orders for my reservation. I plan to email them about it along with copy of my order summary AND the generic email from them thanking me for order by tomorrow. If nothing has changed by next Monday, I will call them and re-do the order but I will make sure that they won't double charge me for this. So silly!

Just checked my bank statement. Same here. Got the generic email but no charges were ever made. Ugh.

Royal Caribbean,

Why does your website stink? It's always going down and can't even do things like charge someone for money they WANT TO GIVE YOU! Here's an idea, pay for better programmers. It will be worth it in the long run.

Instead of doing everything online, just call and do it on the phone. It's quick, easy and 99% of the time, it's done right the 1st time!

That's true... but sometimes they don't always get it right over the phone. Same as ordering online.. it's 50-50 chance for both ways (in my opinion)

Just checked my bank statement. Same here. Got the generic email but no charges were ever made. Ugh.

Royal Caribbean,

Why does your website stink? It's always going down and can't even do things like charge someone for money they WANT TO GIVE YOU! Here's an idea, pay for better programmers. It will be worth it in the long run.

No joke! It's so frustrating! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this issue...

My DD ordered a gift certificate for Christmas for our cruise in May. She ordered it and two days later RC took the money from her account. I redeemed online thru the email from them, appliedit to obc. Called today just to confirm and they just could not figure out why it had not been put on our account yet. :cool: they said it will be taken care of. Call back Monday. They sure take your money fast enough...

Since we do not know your CC closing date how could we answer:rolleyes:anything you purchase from rci before the cruise will generate a confirmation email, most of the time with in an hour or so but always within 24hrs. Some stuff from gifts and gear never shows on your booking, you have to print out your confirmation and take it with you.

It could be charged to your CC right away or anytime before your cruise.

Thank goodness for this thread...I just got off the phone and they have no record of my order either even though I have the email confirmation. I didn't get the itemized one.

I understand! It's very frustrating! After emailing Gifts&Gear about the whole situation, within couple of hours :eek: they actually emailed me the amenity confirmation and they finally charged me for the orders right away. Odd though, I ordered it on 7th but after emailing them and everything, they charged it on the 9th.... let's hope there's nothing going on behind their closet :rolleyes:

I understand! It's very frustrating! After emailing Gifts&Gear about the whole situation, within couple of hours :eek: they actually emailed me the amenity confirmation and they finally charged me for the orders right away. Odd though, I ordered it on 7th but after emailing them and everything, they charged it on the 9th.... let's hope there's nothing going on behind their closet :rolleyes:

What email address did you use. I can't find one for them. I'm at work and really don't want to talk about my wine purchase. LOL

What email address did you use. I can't find one for them. I'm at work and really don't want to talk about my wine purchase. LOL

I used GiftsAndGear@rccl.com and it's on RCL website ... somewhere on Gifts & Gears page. Thankfully they got back to me on this so quickly! FYI, after you email them regarding your order, you will get an automated confirmation email - that just means that they have received your email. Then sometime after awhile, they will send you an amenity confirmation or whatever necessary for your orders. Hope this helps!! :)

That'd be interesting to listen to conversation about wine at work! :D I'm a huge wine drinker!

I used GiftsAndGear@rccl.com and it's on RCL website ... somewhere on Gifts & Gears page. Thankfully they got back to me on this so quickly! FYI, after you email them regarding your order, you will get an automated confirmation email - that just means that they have received your email. Then sometime after awhile, they will send you an amenity confirmation or whatever necessary for your orders. Hope this helps!! :)

That'd be interesting to listen to conversation about wine at work! :D I'm a huge wine drinker!

Thanks....Yeah, I need my wine for the balcony. Trying to get a bottle from the bartenders can sometimes be a challange so I went this route. Thanks again for the info.

Thank goodness for this thread...I just got off the phone and they have no record of my order either even though I have the email confirmation. I didn't get the itemized one.

Yep! Me too!!

Dec. 16th, I ordered 2 pets at sea for our girls for our 3/3/13 sailing and I called today, got transferred 3 times only to find out, NO ORDER. So I had to order again. Apparently, that generic emails means NADDA!!!

Yep! Me too!!

Dec. 16th, I ordered 2 pets at sea for our girls for our 3/3/13 sailing and I called today, got transferred 3 times only to find out, NO ORDER. So I had to order again. Apparently, that generic emails means NADDA!!!

You might want to send an email that Dsmith has a couple of posts up to confirm. After I called and they couldn't find it, I reordered. I emailed Gifts and Gear to confirm the new order and now they tell me I have two orders. I don't think they ever charged my cc so they must be doing it now. They said I had only one charge on my cc. What a cluster.

Archived