~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

The Allure just sailed by and there was a group holding a Happy Birthday Emmy sign....if I remember correctly, they were standing in the same locale that one pink boa'ed lady stood waving at us a few months ago! Is it your birthday today Emmy?? If so, Have a great one! Oh, by the way, Thanks alot for getting me hooked on sail-a-ways...my DH though I was crazy until I made him watch a ship go under the bridge out of New York...now he is wondering "are there anymore ships going out?"...ohoh...another addict!

The Allure just sailed by and there was a group holding a Happy Birthday Emmy sign....if I remember correctly, they were standing in the same locale that one pink boa'ed lady stood waving at us a few months ago! Is it your birthday today Emmy?? If so, Have a great one! Oh, by the way, Thanks alot for getting me hooked on sail-a-ways...my DH though I was crazy until I made him watch a ship go under the bridge out of New York...now he is wondering "are there anymore ships going out?"...ohoh...another addict!

ahhhh so it is my birthday or what is left of the day :) A cruising friend kept asking me if I would be watching the sail away today..(as if he had to ask) lol

Such a cool surprise for he and his family to be holding that banner "Happy B-Day Emmy' totally unexpected and quite a nice gesture by him. Thanks also to the webcam team of Lou & David for the zoom in.

Yes he was standing on 'MY' favorite spot for the Pink Boas on Allure and Oasis..deck 11 public balcony. Bon Voyage Andy and family

yep another addicted one!! 5 ships sailed out of NY today on that cam :)

Edited by emmy

599365_10150903407206693_1723342003_n.jpg

Emmy, Why is Explorer going out on a Friday? is it doing a ten day or something?

Well today is Thursday..you had me thinking there lol Not sure of her itinerary schedule today but I know she does longer and shorter cruises. Anyway I thought she looked great sailing away today :)

I have tomorrow off so I was thinking it was Friday...LOL....I just checked out the website..it looks like she does 5 & 9 days and does not move to 7 days cruises until September....i did not realize that...thanks...

Edited by lah66
Grammar

Today we have two RCI 'sister' ships sailing away. Monarch of the Seas @ 4:15 pm on the Port Canaveral webcam & Majesty of the Seas @ 4:30pm on the new Port Miami cam (well new in May of this year) :)

http://www.portmiamiwebcam.com

2664660380092706180S500x500Q85.jpg

Royal Caribbean Miami head office with Majesty of the Seas sailing out of Miami viewed on Monday.

185151_10150897617031693_440394497_n.jpg

Edited by emmy

I haven't been to NYC since 1993 (the week after the WTC garage bombing) Seeing that skyline makes me want to cruise from there at least once.

Morning Bill ~ I enjoy watching the NY sail aways. Had the pleasure of sailing on Explorer out of Cape Liberty in 2008. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much.They are so pretty....Cant wait till DD gets up to show her the Allure, our next ship to sail. :D

You are welcome. Great views of Allure this morning on both of the cams in Fort Lauderdale. Have fun on Allure and hope the wait is not too long for sail away? :)

You are welcome. Great views of Allure this morning on both of the cams in Fort Lauderdale. Have fun on Allure and hope the wait is not too long for sail away? :)

LOL next MAY! :p But we waited longer for our Oasis cruise. :)

Does Allure have a promenade deck? It doesn't look like it from these pictures......the ship looks so top heavy it's crazy! Is it just the angle?

The Allure does have a promenade deck of sorts. It cannot be seen because of the lifeboats. They have a walking/running track on that deck but it is not like your usual promenade deck. I do believe there are chairs to sit on this deck at the very aft of the ship.

She and her sister Oasis are the most stable ships I have sailed on. :)

No watching sail aways this past weekend and possibly next weekend as well. Me and 100,000 other people lost power Friday at 6pm. We are told not to expect it till 7/7 or 7/8. I'm confident our neighborhood will be one of the last restored because we are in a small pocket surrounded by people with power. :mad:

No watching sail aways this past weekend and possibly next weekend as well. Me and 100,000 other people lost power Friday at 6pm. We are told not to expect it till 7/7 or 7/8. I'm confident our neighborhood will be one of the last restored because we are in a small pocket surrounded by people with power. :mad:

Sorry to hear this Bill. Hope it is a quick fix or as soon as possible for you and the others.

Sorry to hear this Bill. Hope it is a quick fix or as soon as possible for you and the others.

Day 5, no power yet! I am checking the cams at work though ;)

Edited by BillOh

Day 5, no power yet! I am checking the cams at work though ;)

Check the NY cam right now. The Krys Ocean Race boats are about to come into view

Is that Monarch on the Port Canaveral cam today? I saw it come in this morning. I guess I've never seen Monarch, it looks like Soveriegn and Majesty, but with out the RC markings?

Is that Monarch on the Port Canaveral cam today? I saw it come in this morning. I guess I've never seen Monarch, it looks like Soveriegn and Majesty, but with out the RC markings?

Morning Bill ~ I happened to be up early enough to watch Monarch of the Seas sail into Port Canaveral this morning. She is a sister ship to Majesty.

Arriving at sunrise

2335287250092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

Preparing to dock

2840909600092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

If you look real closely you can see the blue Crown and Anchor logo just under the VCL/stack on the side of the ship at the jogging track level.