~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

There are three naval ships in port. The USS WASP, the USS John S McCain. Anyone know what the third ship is, behind the John S McCain?

On MOnday the USS Gettysburg arrived in port..forgot about that one. :)

It does look like a glorious day there in Fort Lauderdale. I will be there tomorrow about noon before boarding Allure on Sunday. Coast guard is very busy today. Quite an impressive display this morning. Think there might be one or two more.

Another reminder on Sat and Sunday the airshow is on and I think the cam guys will be doing some coverage of that.

Will wave at everyone from deck 11 aft of Allure..look for the PINK:)

An exciting few days for you coming up!:):)

It does look like a glorious day there in Fort Lauderdale. I will be there tomorrow about noon before boarding Allure on Sunday. Coast guard is very busy today. Quite an impressive display this morning. Think there might be one or two more.

Another reminder on Sat and Sunday the airshow is on and I think the cam guys will be doing some coverage of that.

Will wave at everyone from deck 11 aft of Allure..look for the PINK:)

Emmy, have a great time and a safe flight--I'll be watching for you on Sunday! Listen to Mega 4 for me (Calypso Band) and have a drink, they're my favorite!!

There are three naval ships in port. The USS WASP, the USS John S McCain. Anyone know what the third ship is, behind the John S McCain?

The ship being referred to as the USS John S. McCain is actually the USS San Jacinto (CG-56).

SEE HERE

Edited by dmwnc1959

Any subs?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

See Post #550 ;)

This year’s participating ships and units are:

- Multi-Purpose Amphibious Assault Ship USS Wasp (LHD 1) from Norfolk, Va.

- Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS San Jacinto (CG 56) from Norfolk, Va.

- Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Gettysburg (CG 64) from Jacksonville, Fla.

- Oliver Hazard Perry Class Frigate USS DeWert (FFG 45) from Jacksonville, Fla.

- Los Angeles Class fast attack submarine USS Dallas (SSN-700) from New London, Ct.

- U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Bernard C. Weber from Station Chatham, Mass.

- U.S. Marines from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit from Camp Lejeune, N.C.

http://www.local10.com/news/Fleet-Week-sails-into-Port-Everglades/-/1717324/11795432/-/vykl3mz/-/index.html

Edited by dmwnc1959

did they change the dock assignments of the cruise ships?

Not sure but there are only 3 ships in Port Everglades this morning..HAL's Amsterdam, Crown Princess and Oasis of the Seas

Good Morning to everyone from a rainy Fort Lauderdale. Watched Oasis of the Seas sail into port this morning from my hotel window, She arrived shortly after 4:30 am

Hope the weather clears up for the air show at noon hr. Tomorrow sail away on Allure

Good Morning!! would we be able to see the air show from the webcam today? that will be awesome!! thanks;)

Not sure but there are only 3 ships in Port Everglades this morning..HAL's Amsterdam, Crown Princess and Oasis of the Seas

Good Morning to everyone from a rainy Fort Lauderdale. Watched Oasis of the Seas sail into port this morning from my hotel window, She arrived shortly after 4:30 am

Hope the weather clears up for the air show at noon hr. Tomorrow sail away on Allure

Good Morning!! would we be able to see the air show from the webcam today? that will be awesome!! thanks;)

Yes you will be able to watch in on the Fort Lauderdale webcam

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com They added another cam and sound for the air show. You must click on the north east cam to watch when you go to the website

A year ago I was boarding Allure during Fleet Week, this week Emmy is boarding, also fleet week, and a year from today we will be returning, hopefully during fleet week. Below is a photo I took last year from the bridge wing on Allure

fleetweek.jpg

Edited by BillOh

Just saw you on webcam Emmy - all in pink. Wish I was there :(. If I knew how to do the single print screen like you - I would post it on here. Have to wait for you to get back so you can do it. Hope you had a great time and please write a review!

Good Morning everyone! I thought for sure one of you would have already posted a print screen of Emmy and Rick's sail away!! Not to worry, I have a couple!! The first one is from Saturday as they watched all the ships sail out....especially Lady O! The other two are from the Allure sail away!

582679_10150844366616189_549936188_12071339_536018974_n.jpg

149298_10150847087011189_549936188_12080381_269165408_n.jpg

33942_10150847080151189_549936188_12080361_1282225021_n.jpg

Wendy B

Edited by breeezy