Dress code changes

Mathguy42

Lets see....you have to wear pants, shoes and shirt anyway...suit pants can be worn without the jacket on other nights so you must have a 9 lb. suit jacket.:confused: Oops, I forgot the tie...it must weigh a couple of ounces.;)

I stand by 9 lbs.! ;) Why does it matter to you so much? I do pack any formalwear, thereby keeping my (checked) luggage within the (airline) weight allowance, (without any extra fees), and continue to enjoy myself during any cruise, (without formalwear)! ;) Okay with you! :confused:

I take a dinner suit, anothet suit, black shoes and shirts with a few ties. Maybe another pair of dark trousers. A selection of shirts. Easy.

Smart dressing makes it easier and lighter.

Wear heaviest shoes and jacket to travel.

Never paid for exta luggage.

You can do it if you want to.

Just leave the spare duct tape and laptop at home

Great words from Kathie.

We planned to see the world when we retired, but my wife had cancer, and the treatment ruined her lungs and resulted in a ban on flying. Neither of us fancy a world cruise, so we will never be able to realise our dream.

So, don't delay, go do that dream, NOW!

Richard

Great words from Kathie.

We planned to see the world when we retired, but my wife had cancer, and the treatment ruined her lungs and resulted in a ban on flying. Neither of us fancy a world cruise, so we will never be able to realise our dream.

So, don't delay, go do that dream, NOW!

Richard

How true!! My brother just retired from many years as a pediatrician. He and his wife had planned to travel and see the word. One week after his retirement, he had a routine chest xray and was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer (no symptoms and is a non-smoker) that has metastasized to his hip.He is terminal. Moral of the story, do what you can do now and don't wait!!!!! And, ps, don't be concerned about what other people think on these threads, it really is not important!

After the Concordia disaster, I 've become very concerned about the possibility of having to escape a sinking ship while dressed for dinner. I found this great pair of heels that I think will work very well in an emergency and, hopefully, won't be considered too gauche-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5274864/New-beach-shoes-combine-high-heels-and-flippers.html

Archived