Questions on Elite access of Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast

Shooraq

This will be my 3rd cruise on Celebrity, but my first lengthly one. (Previous two cruises were 2-nighters on the Century.) So I plan to utilize the Elite benefits as best as possible.

I don't think I'll be getting a non-alcohol package, but will make that decision on board. In the meantime, I'm trying to find affordable ways to enjoy espressos, cappucinos and teas without forking over too much money. (I'm very budget minded when it comes to cruises.)

Can someone describe what you can find at the "Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast?" What food and drink is offered?

This will be my 3rd cruise on Celebrity, but my first lengthly one. (Previous two cruises were 2-nighters on the Century.) So I plan to utilize the Elite benefits as best as possible.

I don't think I'll be getting a non-alcohol package, but will make that decision on board. In the meantime, I'm trying to find affordable ways to enjoy espressos, cappucinos and teas without forking over too much money. (I'm very budget minded when it comes to cruises.)

Can someone describe what you can find at the "Captain's Club Lounge for coffeehouse style breakfast?" What food and drink is offered?

At breakfast, Michaels Club is used for Eite members. The loyalty host stands by the door allowing only Elite members in. You Seaspass will say Eite.

They offer, at no cost Expresso,s Cappucinos, Latte, and smoothy's.

In the evenings, between 5:00pm and 7:00pm they offer cocktails, depending on muber of Elte guest on board it will be in Michael's club or a larger lounge

Edited by Maya57

There is an assortment of pastries, muffins, bagels, cream cheese, lox, yogurt, grapefruit halves and other assorted fruits. Smoothies, Mimosas, sparkling wine, various fresh squeezed juices as well as the various types of coffees.

The Elite breakfast is sometimes held in different venues, there will be a letter in your cabin on embarkation that will list all Elite events on the ship and will give the location of the morning and evening Elite lounges.

There is another recent thread that included some discussion of the elite breakfast: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1573286

The food items vary by cruise. It is basically a continental breakfast that is sometimes expanded quite a bit and sometimes very narrow. Usually there are no hot items other than toast. Common items are pastries, muffins, toast, bagels, lox, fruit, cereal and yogurt. They serve espresso based coffees, juices, smoothies, and alcoholic breakfast drinks such as bloody mary or mimosa. While it isn't required or absolutely necessary many people bring a little cash to leave a small tip for the serving staff there.

Edited by Lsimon

Unfortunately, all of this info is a moot point for you, since you are not at the level of Elite in Captain's Club. You can purchase espresso & cappucino in Cafe al Bacio on deck 5, but I don't recall the charges for these drinks.

Unfortunately, all of this info is a moot point for you, since you are not at the level of Elite in Captain's Club. You can purchase espresso & cappucino in Cafe al Bacio on deck 5, but I don't recall the charges for these drinks.

Looks to me that he is at least Diamond on RCL which would make him Elite on X.

Looks to me that he is at least Diamond on RCL which would make him Elite on X.

Gee, my picture must not be clear enough that I am female, not male. :eek: Haha, must start growing out my hair, I guess. :D

Yes, I am Diamond on RCI, so I am already Elite on Celebrity.

The Elite breakfast is sometimes held in different venues, there will be a letter in your cabin on embarkation that will list all Elite events on the ship and will give the location of the morning and evening Elite lounges.

There is another recent thread that included some discussion of the elite breakfast: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1573286

The food items vary by cruise. It is basically a continental breakfast that is sometimes expanded quite a bit and sometimes very narrow. Usually there are no hot items other than toast. Common items are pastries, muffins, toast, bagels, lox, fruit, cereal and yogurt. They serve espresso based coffees, juices, smoothies, and alcoholic breakfast drinks such as bloody mary or mimosa. While it isn't required or absolutely necessary many people bring a little cash to leave a small tip for the serving staff there.

Good to know. So if I want a traditional breakfast, better to go to the buffet or MDR. But at least I know that if my husband wants an espresso, we can swing by the Elite breakfast. Or if we have an early excursion, this breakfast is the way to go. Thanks for the advice! :D

That is what I was wondering. I have 3 points-1-12 day and 1-5 day. My June cruise is 12 day-so after that I will have 5. We are considering booking the the Connie in early next January-do the Connie have that and is 5 points enough?

Gee, my picture must not be clear enough that I am female, not male. :eek: Haha, must start growing out my hair, I guess. :D

Yes, I am Diamond on RCI, so I am already Elite on Celebrity.

Most have notifications off-so we only see your picture if we go to your profile.

That is what I was wondering. I have 3 points-1-12 day and 1-5 day. My June cruise is 12 day-so after that I will have 5. We are considering booking the the Connie in early next January-do the Connie have that and is 5 points enough?

Elite is 10 points and up. 5 points is Select-no free cappuchinos!

Good to know. So if I want a traditional breakfast, better to go to the buffet or MDR. But at least I know that if my husband wants an espresso, we can swing by the Elite breakfast. Or if we have an early excursion, this breakfast is the way to go. Thanks for the advice! :D

Depends upon how early as the Elite breakfast is from 8-10AM.

Are cabin-mates allowed in the breakfast the same way they are allowed in the cocktail hour? One cabin in our whole group has one ELite & one with 9 cruises & I just think I will clarify ahead of time.
Yes, for cabin mates. Like anything always subject to change, but [unlike RCI] that is the way it has been on X.

Thom

Hi Rich:) he is a she...;) and yes, they are Diamond with Royal.

Can you really get a bloody Mary or Mimosa COMPLENTARY there if you are Elite ???

Can you really get a bloody Mary or Mimosa COMPLENTARY there if you are Elite ???

Yes, during the Elite Breakfast you can order them and they are definitely

complimentary:). It is one of the perks offered for Elite Members.

Just like in the afternoons, they have an Elite Cocktail hour and those

drinks are complimentary as well.

Oh well! Need more Celebrity cruises I guess! I am not disappointed as I did not even know until I read that in this thread.

If you are in one of the suites, you may be extended elite benefits by the ship. Happened to us on only our second cruise. I think it might depend on how many other elites are on board but not sure about that.

As an "Elite" member do you still buy a beverage package? Is there still value? I was planning on getting the non-alcoholic package just for the lattes and sparkling waters.

I must of miss this question, but can you use this package while ordering room service?

As an "Elite" member do you still buy a beverage package? Is there still value? I was planning on getting the non-alcoholic package just for the lattes and sparkling waters.

I must of miss this question, but can you use this package while ordering room service?

HI VEGASGIRL702,

The Beverage Packages are not valid for Room Service.

However, there are "perks" on some items being complimentary on the Room Service Menu / In Room Services (non alcoholic items) if you have either a Concierge Class OR Aqua Class Cabin... OR a Suite.

So, knowing more about what you've booked would be helpful

Hope this is (somewhat) helpful...

Cheers!