Fictitious Cruisers?

Sbilko

Each page has 60 screen names on it. So, add up all the pages between you and the top, then on the page where you are add just the screen names between you and the first one on your page.

You're 4584th (76 pages x 60 per page + 23 ahead of you on page 77)

Thanks Greg,

I have a long way to go. I better start welcoming every new poster to Cruise Critic to up my ranking. :rolleyes:!!!

Are you sure of that, RevNeal? On my screen there are 30 per page and tbrein is on a page with "Showing results 2281 to 2310 of 370756" at the bottom.

Roy

Are you sure of that, RevNeal? On my screen there are 30 per page and tbrein is on a page with "Showing results 2281 to 2310 of 370756" at the bottom.

Roy

Thank you, I really don't care. I post when I have something to say and don't if I cannot contribute to the discussion. I like it that way.

However, that is way too far down, so I will have to start welcoming everyone to cruise critic in the future. LOL

Terri

Roy

Ouch, you're right. I don't know why I doubled the figure when did that, because I counted it right when I did mine.

Ok, let's re-do the match on that.

76 pages x 30 per page + 23 ahead of her on page 77 = 2304

Also of note, what some of us see as "fictitious cruisers" come on I feel simply to stir up trouble and help some of us get banned from posting. Their posts may be full of generalization, falsehoods, questionable information but if you respond, even in a completely harmless way or in harmless jest even, you may be punished with a "Nuisance Post" infraction and possibly even lose the ability to post here. I did not realize this until I read it in the guidelines, which everyone should check out btw. So in the end, best simply to not respond at all and not risk it. No more joking for me and no more posting anything to any thread I even suspect of being a possible "fictitious cruiser." Just be careful.

LOL

Lawsy Mercy!

The top ranking member is LambKnuckles, who joined on August 23, 2007 and has -- ouch -- 69,783 posts as of this instant.

In the 1657 days that LambKnuckles has been a member of Cruise Critic she has averaged 42.11 posts per day ... or 1.75 posts an hour, every hour, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, with no breaks for eating, sleeping, shopping, driving, flying, cruising, or any other ing verb you can think of.

That's unreal.

I'm on page 3 and am ranked as the 89th most prolific poster on CC.

In some of these cases maybe there is more than one poster using the same name...some posts seem to be

within minutes of one another..on different threads ..and not particularly short posts either... I don't type that fast ,think that fast or have that much to say LOL

In some of these cases maybe there is more than one poster using the same name...some posts seem to be within minutes of one another..on different threads ..and not particularly short posts either... I don't type that fast ,think that fast or have that much to say LOL
Could some of those long, close posts be copy-and-pastes? :confused:

Roy

Note that under User CP you can control how many posts per page you see, up to 200. I like it at 40, because I don't end up having to load the next page so often. YMMV.

User CP/Edit Options/Edit Thread Options

Back in 2009, prior to our Fall Panama Canal Cruise, on the Westerdam,:) I joined Cruise Critic. At that time there was a CC member who kept posting her cruise experiences, forgot her CC name. She was very critical of a few members, myself included:eek:. Her posting all of a sudden ceased, due to the fact that she had only traveled with HAL in her mind, she had never been on any cruise ship, from any line. I traced this information out through the internet. Great detective work by Host Walt I believe.:)

When I read some of the posts now, I always ask myself, could this person just be posting to stir the pot? Forms like CC, are great, for those of us, who actually do cruise, or who are planning or checking out cruising. But we must be always aware that these forms use “Log in Names” and not real identities.

Has anyone else wondered about the reliability and credibility of some of the members who post on this site?:eek:

I know our CC Hosts do the best job possible to ensure the reliability of the CC members, but some of the comments I have read make me wonder.

Yes -- this happens on all forums. And the owners/ hosts have a tough job sorting out real posters, getting rid of trouble makers, flushing out those selling "items", etc.

Yes -- this happens on all forums. And the owners/ hosts have a tough job sorting out real posters, getting rid of trouble makers, flushing out those selling "items", etc.

Troublemakers who have never been on a cruise and just like to post negative reviews give themselves away in the details. Experienced cruisers would know that an event or procedure just would not happen the way they described it. You see that sometimes in the one post wonders.

I am one of the few who uses her real name on this site....I am not afraid of being robbed because we always have someone live in our condo when we leave for even a few days. We also live in a secure building.
The Guidelines ask you to not use your real name ... but if you hadn't said differently, I would have guessed that you were using a made-up name. :)

Archived