Carnival Security Is A Joke

brendrek

There is no excuse for someone acting like that and there is no excuse for Carnival passengers to be exposed to that.

Every town has a drunk tank specifically for this purpose and so does the cruise ship. BUT that would require a Security Guard to stay with him 24 hours, while he was in the brig and Carnival obviously did not want to go through the trouble.

He should have been put in the drunk tank until he sobered up...and his alcohol privileges revoked.

So a person gets drunk one night and gets very vocal in the hallway,what should security do:confused: I know lets take him away,lock him up for the night and kick both him and his wife off the ship first thing in the morning.

Or lets calm this person down tonight,have a stern word with him when he is sober and keep an eye on him for the rest of the cruise.

The shouting stopped and you heard no more for the rest of the cruise so in my mind the security did their job right,just not to your satisfaction.

Who sold him that much the booze in the first place?

Den

I agree!!!

Are you sure of this. I thought the security people were law enforcement types in a previous life.

I don't know about other cruise lines, but years ago, Carnival used Security from India almost exclusively....

they knew what they were doing and they were not afraid to do it....

now I see a variety of countries represented.

We talked to our room steward the next day, he told us that wasn't delt with properly and confirmed that they were still on board.

Your room steward is going to agree with anything the guests say #1 its called customer service & #2 He lives off the tips "we" give him

I dont quite understand what more security could have done?

They obviously neutralized the situation which is a positive outcome,you dont know what was said to him or what warnings were given to him by security afterwards but it must have worked.

Den

Guess you know very little of domestic violence. It was stated that this was not the first time for this person to act out. The was in fear of her life. Guess you would good with her getting the crap beaten out of her then?

Guess you know very little of domestic violence. It was stated that this was not the first time for this person to act out. The was in fear of her life. Guess you would good with her getting the crap beaten out of her then?

It was also stated the wife said he had never acted like that before...

And the person who stated that the person had acted out was a neighbor saying that they heard yelling before...

By no means am I a cheerleader and I will not comment on this situation as I was not there. As someone stated, there are 3 sides to every story.

In Carnival security's defense I have seen 1 or 2 extremely rowdy Lido deck crowds calmed down and dispersed in a very professional manner. (these incidents occurred on the last sea day of short cruises). Just sayin.

I was on the Elation in Oct. There was a passenger that was causing a scene for whatever reason.Screaming, cursing, and threating security and the Capt. The passenger appeared to have been drinking. But I do not know this for a fact. I do know that I watched this incident taking place.They tried to reason and talk to this passenger. (this was a big guy)Everyone was watching what was going on. (this was hallway by CS) Security had to put this guy down on the ground and handcuffed him. When they took him off everyone cheered. So I can tell you the Elation has Security and the do their job.

Sorry for the experience that you had. That being said, I 100% agree with you, CCL security sucks. Onboard customer service-Little or no better!

An experience a few years back on the Glory was rowdy drunk next door balcony neighbors.

Every night they`d come to their cabin around 2AM, open up the balcony door and proceed to yell & curse till passing out.

First, I approached them and explained that I`m glad that they were having fun, but could they do it up on deck-anywhere just not in their cabin at 2AM. They gave me a condescending yea, yea.

That same night more of this crap, and knowing my temper, I called security. They came and the group toned it down a bit.

The next night, same crap. I called security (losing a lot of sleep by now). Security never answered, nor did they answer the rest of the cruise (I swear on this fact).

The next day I complained to the purser’s office and asked to see an officer of the ship. “No officer available” and lip service from the purser’s office.

Finally, I took the matter into my hands and the noise stopped.

We are Plat, cruise CCL regular, and almost always have a great experience.

Just be aware, that if you have a chronic shipboard problem, it will be up to you to resolve it!

As for you “What do you expect them to do?” people, I expect results!!!

And yes, I let CCL know about it, but apparently, nothing has changed.

Um, sorry. Throwing pizza at your spouse is not "just another rowdy drunk". This is a guy with a serious problem. My prayer will be that his wife can get away from him ASAP. This sort of thing always escalates. Always.

I don't agree with that...if he was pissed and tossed a pizza it could not have killed her or even seriously injure her...I've thrown a few things in my life and can assure you that it has never escalated.

The wife also stated that he's never acted like that before, so it is possible that he either drank more than usual or drank something that he doesn't usually drink and he couldn't handle it.

Security would have left it up to the wife. If she felt he was a serious threat to her they would not have let him back in the room, nor would she have opened the door.

We don't know the whole story and never will so we can't assume that they should have done more. I know that people are so sue happy that people are afraid to do anything. Cops pull people over around here and there are 4 of them and cameras so if there's a problem they have proof...I am sure it is no different on a cruise ship...do too much and risk injuring or humiliating a cruiser and they will sue...don't do enough and you get people complaining...I haven't ever seen a situation where everyone wins...

Let's not make a Greek tragedy out of a silly situation, or create dramatic scenarios where there are none.

He threw a pizza at her, not a bowling ball. :rolleyes:

Although most women might consider getting sauce in their hair to be a heinous crime, it's not like she was in any grave danger from having a pizza thrown at her.

Time to stop blaming Carnival for every little thing. It was a domestic argument, the situation was handled, it's over and done with.

being a LE officer myself, (just going by what was described), this was a domestic, obvious drinking issues, so, for me its no questions asked, subject cuffed and subject taken overnight to chill. For them to finish the cruise is up to Carnival. AND YES, who and how much was he served ?maybe better training is needed for staff ? imho. If I am on the cruise and you wake me up like that......

Just saying. :D

Let's not make a Greek tragedy out of a silly situation, or create dramatic scenarios where there are none.

He threw a pizza at her, not a bowling ball. :rolleyes:

Although most women might consider getting sauce in their hair to be a heinous crime, it's not like she was in any grave danger from having a pizza thrown at her.

Time to stop blaming Carnival for every little thing. It was a domestic argument, the situation was handled, it's over and done with.

Don't know about Jersey, but here in Florida throwing anything at and hitting another person with anything ( be it a pizza, baseball bat, or ping pong ball) is a criminal offense. Whether you injure them or not, it is still a battery.

Don't know about Jersey, but here in Florida throwing anything at and hitting another person with anything ( be it a pizza, baseball bat, or ping pong ball) is a criminal offense. Whether you injure them or not, it is still a battery.

Here in Jersey the person hit has to be willing to charge the other person, if not, they leave. I have seen it a million times...husband and wife fight, someone overhears and calls the police, cops come out and question them, if they both say everything is OK, they leave. Not much else they can do.

Here in Jersey the person hit has to be willing to charge the other person, if not, they leave. I have seen it a million times...husband and wife fight, someone overhears and calls the police, cops come out and question them, if they both say everything is OK, they leave. Not much else they can do.

Slightly different in Florida. In a regular situation the victim must be willing to press charges like in Jersey. In a domestic incident even if the victim begs the officer not to, if there is evidence to support battery of any kind, the officer must make an arrest.

At least in my state there is zero tolerance policy for this sort of action. If the wife said the guy threw pizza at her or the woman looks injured in any way, then the husband would be taken to jail for assault. The police don't get to decide if the woman is telling the truth or if the crime is big enough. The guy is arrested, and a judge gets to sort it all out the next day. If he decides the woman lied, she is prosecuted for that.

Sure, maybe 9 times out of 10, the husband would have just passed out and everything would be ok in the morning. But it only takes one time for someone to get hurt or seriously injured.

In my opinion, security should have taken him to the brig for the night. In the morning, the two of them could have either stayed on the boat and been on best behavior, or been kicked off. I'm pretty sure the contract states that they can kick you off the boat if you are a disturbance, which is clearly what this was.

Archived