Carnival Security Is A Joke

brendrek

I didn't read through all seven pages of this so I don't know if this was posted yet or not. Carnival's rules clearly state...

" Carnival and the Master each reserves the right to refuse passage, disembark or confine to a stateroom any Guest whose physical or mental condition, or behavior would be considered in the sole opinion of the Captain and/or the ship's physician to constitute a risk to the Guest's own well-being or that of any other Guest or crew member."

I also ready earlier on a different post in a kind of similar situation, less the pizza assault, that security had to get permission from the captain to detain someone...maybe the captain wasn't available so they couldn't do anything else...just a thought!

Ok, I get it. There are people in this forum who love Carnival and they don't like to hear any negative comments about their beloved ship.

But come on!

Forget not removing him from the ship. That is not the issue!

If the incident went on for hours and it started around 11pm why did every cabin around them have to suffer. (Especially the young children next door who should be sleeping!) There wasn't a room below decks where they could have taken him to calm down?

I'm sorry, but this certainly was NOT the right way to handle it.

Look, I'm far from being a cheerleader for Carnival, I don't know where you get that from. But let's lay the blame where the blame is due in that situation, and it's not due to Carnival Security.

Carnival Security isn't trained as marriage counselors or psychotherapists. It's their job to analyze the safety of the situation at that moment and diffuse it as best they can. And, it sounds like they did. Not that it "went on for hours". I didn't see where anyone said that it continued for hours, disrupting the "poor sleeping children" next door.

He wasn't an ax murderer, he wasn't beating his wife to a bloody pulp in the middle of the hallway. He was a loud drunk. It sounds to me like a lot of drama queens have seen too many episodes of CSI and are turning this into just this side of the Manson gang. It's not about what "could" have happened it's about what DID happen, and basically it was a bunch of not much really happening except another loud obnoxious drunk. :rolleyes:

Look, I'm far from being a cheerleader for Carnival, I don't know where you get that from. But let's lay the blame where the blame is due in that situation, and it's not due to Carnival Security.

Carnival Security isn't trained as marriage counselors or psychotherapists. It's their job to analyze the safety of the situation at that moment and diffuse it as best they can. And, it sounds like they did. Not that it "went on for hours". I didn't see where anyone said that it continued for hours, disrupting the "poor sleeping children" next door.

He wasn't an ax murderer, he wasn't beating his wife to a bloody pulp in the middle of the hallway. He was a loud drunk. It sounds to me like a lot of drama queens have seen too many episodes of CSI and are turning this into just this side of the Manson gang. It's not about what "could" have happened it's about what DID happen, and basically it was a bunch of not much really happening except another loud obnoxious drunk. :rolleyes:

Excellent post.

Perfect. People always want the authorities to come down like a ton of bricks,

unless of course the issue is them or their friends/family.;)

[quote=fishtaco;32582894]So a person gets drunk one night and gets very vocal in the hallway,what should security do:confused: I know lets take him away,lock him up for the night and kick both him and his wife off the ship first thing in the morning.

Or lets calm this person down tonight,have a stern word with him when he is sober and keep an eye on him for the rest of the cruise.

The shouting stopped and you heard no more for the rest of the cruise so in my mind the security did their job right,just not to your satisfaction.

Who sold him that much the booze in the first place?

Den

Happens in my neck of the woods all the time...it is called drunk and disorderly. You get locked up for 24 hours and when you are released you are sober and no one is at risk of injury...not yourself or the person you are arguing with.

Happens in my neck of the woods all the time...it is called drunk and disorderly. You get locked up for 24 hours and when you are released you are sober and no one is at risk of injury...not yourself or the person you are arguing with.

Did anyone actually say he was drunk? How do we know he didn't have some sort of mental handicap or was off of some sort of medication...people do NOT have to be drunk to act like this...Actually most drunks I know are the opposite, they are more casual and laid back, things don't aggrevate them nearly as easily.

We don't know what happened and it isn't our say how security should have handled it.

Everyone is saying how here they do this and here they do that...we need to stop comparing cruise ship security to the local and state police and sherifs department...NOT THE SAME thing and probably not the same authority or rules. We are all assuming that they didn't do their jobs when none of us in fact know what their jobs allow them to do...Not to mention we don't know the entire story or have more than one persons view on it...

I also ready earlier on a different post in a kind of similar situation, less the pizza assault, that security had to get permission from the captain to detain someone...maybe the captain wasn't available so they couldn't do anything else...just a thought!

As is Carnival policy, the Captain was directing security from a lifeboat several hundred yards away... ;-)

Just got back from Dream last week. There was an incident in our hallway that just proves that Carnival Security is joke. It was around 11pm one night when a very drunk/drugged man started screaming FUUUDDDGGGEEE YOOOUUUU!!!! , FUUUDDDGGGEEE YOOOUUUU!!!! , FUUUDDDGGGEEE YOOOUUUU!!!! only he didn't say fudge. That was followed by several loud bangs. By this point everyone who was sleeping in nearby cabins is now awake. Security was called and it turns out the man is fighting with his wife. She had brought him a pizza from the Lido which he threw at her down the hallway. She was terrified and was screaming that "he's never been like this before". Meanwhile he was continuing to be disruptive, cursing and throwing things. More secruity was called. He is now in the hallway and she has locked herself in the room.

More screaming by the man, " I JUST WANT TO SEE MY WIFE". Carnival security is telling the man to be quite or they will take him downstairs. That doesn't happen. The man yells at security that "MY WIFE JUST MADE FUDGE WITH SOME OTHER GUY, YOU HAVE A WIFE HOW WOULD YOU FEEL" I must admit all of this was very entertaining for us, but the cabin next to them had small children. I heard them tell security he has been screaming every night but never this bad. They pleaded for him to be taken away.

More security arrived, now there are six members of the security in our hallway. They are now threatening to disembark the couple in the morning, and take them both downstairs. He is yelling at them, "IF I DON'T SEE MY WIFE SOON I'M GOING TO FREAK OUT", security threatens him again and he tells them "I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND MAN, I'M NOT GOING TO HURT ANYONE".

This went on for hours, but the man was never taken away and the couple was not disembarked the following day. I put in a complaint to Carnival on our comment survey, but the moral of the story is if you want to get away with causing a rukus, take a Carnival Cruise.

...went on for hours..seriously?!!... I would have told the security people within the first 5-10 min. to get him the hell out of here right now and let him scream somewhere else..or they were going to have a bigger problem with the rest of us who are being disturbed....dont know if it would have done any good but I have no problem giving them my opinion...

...went on for hours..seriously?!!... I would have told the security people within the first 5-10 min. to get him the hell out of here right now and let him scream somewhere else..or they were going to have a bigger problem with the rest of us who are being disturbed....dont know if it would have done any good but I have no problem giving them my opinion...

the people defending security keep forgetting this little piece...

No mattrer if the guy was drunk, drugged up or just mentally unstable, this should not have gone on that long.

Uh ,no you don't.;)

If my kids had to listen to his profanity they could have skipped security and brought an ambulance for him . were there no men on the hall ?

Then you'd have wound up off the ship so that isn't a good plan....

There should be no need for other passengers to get involved. Security should have done something more than what they did and they should have done it a lot quicker.

the people defending security keep forgetting this little piece...

No mattrer if the guy was drunk, drugged up or just mentally unstable, this should not have gone on that long.

If, in fact, it did.

Without being there I have no idea what really happen.

I have only one persons account.

I would need more then that to pass any judgement.

But don't let that stop the rest of you.:D

If, in fact, it did.

Without being there I have no idea what really happen.

I have only one persons account.

I would need more then that to pass any judgement.

But don't let that stop the rest of you.:D

This is CC where we talk everything to death and than beat it some more.icon7.gif

That is where the OPs whole story breaks down for me. Hours??? I don't believe it.

Mmm Fudge...It's me the OP, I just wanted to chime in since this is back on the first page again. The guy threw a whole plate of pizza at the wife, somehow that got downgraded to a partially sauced mushroom flung in her direction...I saw the plate and the pizza in the hall, and we heard the loud bang and the woman screaming to security that he had thrown it at her.

Some are questioning the length of the event. Well I didn't have my stopwatch out. We were sleeping when it started. Each time another security member came up took about 10 minutes. It got up to six members at one point, they all left. It was quiet for little bit then two came back. I'd say the bulk of the disturbance was in the first hour, but the total event was probably three (before he finally shut up). It was way too long!

Either you live a very sheltered life or "Get carried away with the moment"

If you believe carnival security let a man loose who may at any time become violent with his wife or others, after they left then you are as much of a drama queen as the OP.

You should care who sold him booze as the people who did sell it care "Carnival" because they have a duty of care to all their passengers and the reason I would tend to think security did their job correctly.

Den

or three....i was the married to an abuser.....and finally got brave and smart enough to leave his sorr a55.

but only after years of abuse, and years of people looking the other way and not getting involved...but hey, what do i know

Archived