'Fess up....

Butterbean1000

I also prefer sitting in the shade - if I'm relaxing outside, I am reading, and the sun tends to reflect off those white pages and hurts my eyes (even with sunglasses on). And yes, I am a book reader (not a nook or a kindle), I like to have a physical book in my hands and actually turn pages.

We have beaten this dead horse forever. But what I want to know is if you will 'fess up to being a chair hog. Everyone here vilifies the beast but no one has ever confessed. Just wondering......

Enjoy your cruise:cool:

I will admit that I am a Jr. chair hog, just because all of the Sr. chair hogs! I will go down and throw my stuff on my chair around 8ish, just while I grab breakfast. But thats maybe for 20 mins! The Sr. chair hogs are so on top of it, if I dont grab one, there are none left by 9 ! Sorry, but true. :mad:

We have beaten this dead horse forever. But what I want to know is if you will 'fess up to being a chair hog. Everyone here vilifies the beast but no one has ever confessed. Just wondering......

Don't you know? It's always the other guy!

don't go here. I did confess when I returned from the Valor and got nothing but slammed. Good luck.

I am one of the people walking around all over looking for a chair. When I do find one it is always on the top deck which I dont mind. But they are really packed in like sardines all on top of each other. I dont stay very long. Just long enough to have a drink, catch some rays and then I am on my way with my towel.

To answer your question: No. I see alot of people are confused, however. Just because someone sits in the shade, they can't be a chair hog?:confused:

Those chairs usually aren't in high demand, and there is no need to save them.

Yes I confess I am to some out there a chairhog.

I am up every morning while on a cruise no later than 5:30 am, I will go up on top deck and walk around alot while hardly no one is out there ( it's the most peaceful time of the cruise for me), I feel like it is just me,God and the ocean.

After walking I will sit on Lido and drink a few cups of coffee, wait for the breakfast buffet to open and eat some breakfast then go back to my (2) lounge chairs that I threw my towels on before my walk and wait for my wife to get up and come out and join me.

So yes I just may be considered as a chairhog! :p

(You don't like it? Don't look at it) LOL:D

I haven't been before, but after reading all the posts on it I am thinking about printing tons of little reserved signs and putting them on all the empty chairs around the pool at 6am one morning, just to see if someone from CC takes my picture and I become famous on these boards.:p

I've not seen the need to be a chair hog on the cruise ships I've been on. We never sit by the pool and there always seem to be chairs up a deck - sometimes we have to drag one or two around, but we've always managed to find 4 empty. Now, if I found that every time we went to get chairs, we could never find any, I might just throw our stuff on some on our way to breakfast and then come back and sit on them. I wouldn't save chairs and then go off and do something else for an hour or two though.

Archived