Age of people in room

Kineticoh20

That's right. It's 18 for a single cabin I think, but 16 for multiples with parent or guardian on the same cruise.

Unless things have changed in the past two years one 16 year old must be booked in each cabin and you must be 21 to travel without a parent or guardian.

In 2010, we booked our then 16 and 12 year old sons in the cabin next to ours, no problem. This was booked through Princess.

In 2009 and 2011, we booked one parent, one kid in each cabin. Those were both booked through travel agents. Not sure about 2009 (my husband booked that one), but last year, it was done that way so the kids' insurance would be free (I had specifically asked our TA since the year before, they'd been booked into their own cabin).

Either way, it works out - we got a copy of their cabin key and gave them a copy of ours even when it wasn't necessary (since they were booked into their own cabin).

In 2009 and 2011, we booked one parent, one kid in each cabin. Those were both booked through travel agents. Not sure about 2009 (my husband booked that one), but last year, it was done that way so the kids' insurance would be free (I had specifically asked our TA since the year before, they'd been booked into their own cabin).

How was their insurance free? :confused:

If one child is at least 16, then you do NOT have to book one adult into each cabin. Your children can have their OWN booking, which will be linked to yours. Their booking is marked "accompanied minors".

We did this on both of our Princess cruises. Our children were in an inside cabin across from our balcony cabin.

Archived