Afternoon Tea? What time?

HRHMadonna

Afternoon tea is served at 3:30. It will be announced in the daily Patter. I went several times on my last cruise in September. It is a really delightful afternoon treat and made me wonder why I had never done it before. Took me 20 cruises to finally attend, but I will be there in October when I sail to Hawaii. Enjoy:)

Afternoon tea was great. All those great cookies, cakes and scones. Only one problem with that is that if you have an early dinner time then watch out you may miss it the day you go to tea. Everything was soooooo good that we wanted to eat everything we could. Oops then it was time to go to dinner. Guess what we missed that night.

We are just off the Emerald Princess. We booked the Sanctuary for the whole cruise. We were shocked and delighted that on the first day, the attendants and carts appeared for tea service. Everything you would get in the dining room you got on your lounger without dressing up. We loved it! It's a toss-up as to which is better the scones or the mini eclairs :-) This is something relatively new, we did not have it last year on the Emerald.

Nothing beats white gloved afternoon tea on the QM2, for service, quality and elegant surroundings, but we had tea on the Grand Princess last July and enjoyed it. The scones were delicious.

Even though it lasts an hour, we chose to go early, as there was always a big queue when we walked by (we only went once) and, what with people wanting seconds, the staff became a bit flustered as it went on, so I don't know whether the service would have suffered for latecomers because of that.

But, enjoyable none the less :)

You can get it everyday if you book a suite. We never ordered it until one cruise where we invited some new friends down for cocktails one afternoon. I thought I should have something to snack on with our drinks so I ordered it. One of the gentlemen was English and I never thought about the connection but he was thrilled with it ( he even brought English champagne) and the other couple had never had tea before and really enjoyed it. So it was a huge success and we order it often.

You can get it everyday if you book a suite. We never ordered it until one cruise where we invited some new friends down for cocktails one afternoon. I thought I should have something to snack on with our drinks so I ordered it. One of the gentlemen was English and I never thought about the connection but he was thrilled with it ( he even brought English champagne) and the other couple had never had tea before and really enjoyed it. So it was a huge success and we order it often.

You can also get it in your cabin if you're Elite. I ordered it once and told them it was for one person but they sent SO MUCH food that I couldn't eat even a fraction of what they sent. I haven't ordered it since but a friend did order it (for two) for a small Meet and Greet we had in her cabin for about 20 people and there was plenty!

We are just off the Emerald Princess. We booked the Sanctuary for the whole cruise. We were shocked and delighted that on the first day, the attendants and carts appeared for tea service. Everything you would get in the dining room you got on your lounger without dressing up. We loved it! It's a toss-up as to which is better the scones or the mini eclairs :-) This is something relatively new, we did not have it last year on the Emerald.

They started it as an experiment a couple of days into our 2/6 cruise. All of the passengers (and even the staff!!!) were delighted so they kept doing it. I asked Yitro and he said it's an experiment and they may do it on other ships.

I LOVED it and thought it was the NICEST touch!!!!!!

They started it as an experiment a couple of days into our 2/6 cruise. All of the passengers (and even the staff!!!) were delighted so they kept doing it. I asked Yitro and he said it's an experiment and they may do it on other ships.

I LOVED it and thought it was the NICEST touch!!!!!!

Sounds wonderful. We disembarked the Emerald too soon to enjoy it, but we certainly did enjoy having Yitro as our serenity steward. He was just marvelous!!!

Archived